[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Boy will the Vikings blow!

Guest Sores

Running game?  In MN?  I don't understand what this 'running game' you speak of is.......

1264145[/snapback]

Heard Bevell on the fan say they are going to run the ball more next year. I think I heard Tice say that before this season though

From the Star Tribune...Childress moved quickly Tuesday to hire defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin, and Bevell formally joined the staff Thursday. The Vikings also announced the addition of Oklahoma assistant Darrell Wyatt as receivers coach, former Detroit Lions assistant Pat Morris as offensive line coach, Wisconsin assistant Jim Hueber as assistant line coach, former NFL tight end Jimmie Johnson as tight ends coach and Wisconsin assistant Brian Murphy as assistant special teams coach.

What does it say when you hire an assistant special teams coach but don't have a special teams coach yet? Why do I get the feeling that if Childress was the President, some of these dudes would be pardoned for any past crimes?

ray of hope

The Vikings also hired Darrell Wyatt as their wide receivers coach, the same position he held at the University of Oklahoma from 2002-05. During his tenure with the Sooners, Wyatt tutored three eventual first-day draft picks, including two-time All-American and current Baltimore Raven Mark Clayton.

From the Star Tribune...Childress moved quickly Tuesday to hire defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin, and Bevell formally joined the staff Thursday. The Vikings also announced the addition of Oklahoma assistant Darrell Wyatt as receivers coach, former Detroit Lions assistant Pat Morris as offensive line coach, Wisconsin assistant Jim Hueber as assistant line coach, former NFL tight end Jimmie Johnson as tight ends coach and Wisconsin assistant Brian Murphy as assistant special teams coach.

What does it say when you hire an assistant special teams coach but don't have a special teams coach yet?  Why do I get the feeling that if Childress was the President, some of these dudes would be pardoned for any past crimes?

1264625[/snapback]

I read a rumor somewhere that the team is considering Chris Walsh for the special team position. Could be also they are waiting on one of the playoff team coaches to fill that vacancy.

I think it's impossible to know how successful these guys will be. I am encouraged at how quickly Wilf and the new HC moved to get things established and that they didn't just grab some retread coaches. I'd rather take a shot with on offensive coordinator from a Super Bowl team, a defensive backs coach from perennially top defensive team, and another offensive coordinator from a successful offense (the Packers). I am not saying these guys are any good, because I honestly don't know, but the results seem to show that they are good at what they do.

Hoping for the best. They absolutely have to be better at making adjustments than the previous administration. I doubt the new defensive guy would have allowed Fred Smoot to continually be embarrassed by Steve Smith like happened this year, for criminy sakes - with no adjustments or inside help.