[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Think about how badly the Colts

isleseeya

No disrespect to the Steelers ...they are a very solid hard nosed team ...but the more i look at this match up , the more I see the Colts laying a major smack down ....here we go :

1. Colts at home

2. Colts rested

3. Colts finally have all their starters back , their Head coach and their players ready to go a full 60 minutes without worrying abiut resting anyone

4. They have had 3-4 weeks of waiting around and or having to get through STUFF , before they could get back to this pt and just play football like they know how. They really should be rarin to go today

5. Joey Porter Comments ( ok he did not say anything that bad ...but any motivation and bulletin board material helps )

6 . They already beat the steelers fairly easily 26-7 a few weeks back ...

7. Sending a message ...I think Colts are in a position that they do want to send a message ...to let themselves and everyone else know , they are back and ready to rock and roll

I see a big colts win ...31 - 17 or worse

I can definitely see that happening today. Peyton and Company will expose a very average secondary today. This one will be over by the end of the 3rd quarter as the gutty but over matched Steelers will not be able to keep up with the high powered colts offense.

Indy 28

Pittsburgh 17

I'm hoping that the Steelers will soften the Colts up a bit with some good old smashmouth football. I'd never wish for injuries, but I'd like to see them walking slow tomorrow with a few sizeable bruises. I don't think the Steelers emerge victorious today, but they can extract a pound of flesh on the way. :D

Then next week, I'd like to see the Broncos apply the same kind of pressure they put on the Pats last night.

I can definitely see that happening today.  Peyton and Company will expose a very average secondary today.  This one will be over by the end of the 3rd quarter as the gutty but over matched Steelers will not be able to keep up with the high powered colts offense.

Indy  28

Pittsburgh 17

1266580[/snapback]

I'm not disagreeing with your assessment of the Steelers secondary, but, remember they are very young. They have the potential to become a very good secondary next year or the following. Ike Taylor has stepped up a bit this year, though he still makes mistakes that young corners do, and McFadden is getting better each week. He is going to be the real deal. Polamalu is simply awesome, and Chris Hope, though I'm not completely sold on, has potential. None of this does anything for them today though. The Colts will have some success on offense, no denying that, but, hopefully the Steelers offense can control some clock and keep them off the field as much as possible.

For the Steelers to stay in this game they need 2 very important things to happen:

1. They must control the ball and the clock with their ground game. Bettis and Parker will have to have HUGH games. Roethlisburger just needs to not make mistakes. Limit turnovers and just pound the rock at the Colts. This is critical to keep the score down and the Colts offense off the field.

2. The Steelers must pressure Manning. Preferrably with 4 people rushing. If they give Manning time to throw, this game wont be close at all. If they can get him out of his comfort zone and make him move and rush his throws, then they can stay in this thing. Otherwise it will get ugly...

Think the Steelers have to make the Colts run the ball, they have to slow the tempo of this game. The question is, will they use the Jacksonville approach (Week 2) and drop everyone into coverage, or will they go heavy pressure a la the Chargers? Will be interesting.

For the Steelers to stay in this game they need 2 very important things to happen:

1.  They must control the ball and the clock with their ground game.  Bettis and Parker will have to have HUGH games.  Roethlisburger just needs to not make mistakes.  Limit turnovers and just pound the rock at the Colts.  This is critical to keep the score down and the Colts offense off the field.

2.  The Steelers must pressure Manning.  Preferrably with 4 people rushing.  If they give Manning time to throw, this game wont be close at all.  If they can get him out of his comfort zone and make him move and rush his throws, then they can stay in this thing.  Otherwise it will get ugly...

1266698[/snapback]

You're REALLY going out on a limb there. Sounds a little like John Madden.

How about just getting LUCKY. It's better to be lucky than good. :D

Colts 72-0

Seriously...I expect the Steelers to do a better job this time, and I think they will be able to run the ball better. Closer this time...but home field will be the difference....

27-21 Colts

Also, Czar...you're putting a serious run on Squeeg for most bitter ....not that there's anything wrong with that. :D:D

Edited by Hitman

Colts 72-0

Seriously...I expect the Steelers to do a better job this time, and I think they will be able to run the ball better.  Closer this time...but home field will be the difference....

27-21  Colts

Also, Czar...you're putting a serious run on Squeeg for most bitter ....not that there's anything wrong with that.  :D  :D

1266790[/snapback]

I don't hate the Colts. It's Manning I can't stand. :D

No disrespect to the Steelers ...they are a very solid hard nosed team ...but the more i look at this match up , the more I see the Colts laying a major smack down ....here we go :

1. Colts at home

2. Colts rested

3. Colts finally have all their starters back , their Head coach and their players ready to go a full 60 minutes without worrying abiut resting anyone

4. They have had 3-4 weeks of waiting around and or having to get through STUFF , before they could get back to this pt and just play football like they know how. They really should be rarin to go today 

5. Joey Porter Comments ( ok he did not say anything that bad ...but any motivation and bulletin board material helps )

7. Sending a message ...I think Colts are in a position that they do want to send a message ...to let themselves and everyone else know , they are back and ready to rock and roll

1266574[/snapback]

well thank goodness i kept my day job ...my original assessment is not looking too good ..even though its early Colts like brutally bad and totally what i did not expect ...Steelers have come to play :D

1. Colts at home

2. Colts rested

1266574[/snapback]

I can definitely see that happening today.  Peyton and Company will expose a very average secondary today.  This one will be over by the end of the 3rd quarter as the gutty but over matched Steelers will not be able to keep up with the high powered colts offense.

Indy  28

Pittsburgh 17

1266580[/snapback]

Couldnt agree more, the Steelers have a quality team but do not match up well against the Colts...not that many teams do...

I think the Colts win something like 27-17.

1266612[/snapback]

i also can't help but feel this'll be the reverse of the colts getting blown out in nyj a couple years back. 41-3, 43-10 type game.

1266616[/snapback]

Colts 72-0

Seriously...I expect the Steelers to do a better job this time, and I think they will be able to run the ball better.  Closer this time...but home field will be the difference....

27-21  Colts

Also, Czar...you're putting a serious run on Squeeg for most bitter ....not that there's anything wrong with that.  :D  :D

1266790[/snapback]

:D