[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unbelivable ! My post-game thoughts

Menudo

Wow. Never have I seen a game like that !!!!!! The call against Polamalu is going to be the talk of the week. I really can't believe it. How that wasn't an interception is beyond me. That said, I immediately decided that it wasn't an excuse. After that play, they still could have stopped the Colts and they didn't.

I couldn't believe the Bettis fumble. Bettis is as class as they come, and if they would have lost that game, my heart would have been broken, because I admire him SO much. Thank goodness Peyton got a little greedy on '2nd and 2' and '3rd and 2', making the Field Goal a tough one. That field goal miss felt a little bit like poetic justice to me. Yes, I am a Steeler homer, but, I thought they deserved that game.

Boy, do I wish that was the AFC Championship game, because now the Steelers have another obstacle to climb. They have let me down so many times in the past, that it has me a bit frightened, however, 7 weeks ago, I wouldn't have believed that they would be playing in yet ANOTHER AFC Championship game.

In my year's of watching the Steelers, I've never been more proud of the team or coaches as I am right now. They were in a game that no one gave them any hope, and they faced great adversity, and still got it done. I didn't completely agree with the conservatism of the Steelers, but, when you are facing the Colts, you really have to take as much clock out as possible.

To the Colts fan, I really like the Colts, I like Peyton Manning, I think a ton of Tony Dungy, and I really feel bad about all the garbage you guys are going to have to hear this off-season. Don't worry, Peyton will win some Super Bowls, I guarantee it.

I hope some people realized how good that Ben Roethlisberger is. I know that he wasn't asked to do much in the 2nd half, but, he is the reason they got the lead. Also, the hustle and tackle he made saved the game.

I truly can't believe the Steelers are in the AFC Championship. With the craziness of that game, I wonder if someone up in heaven, who is close to me, is pulling some strings. I know that is ridiculous, but trust me, if he could, he would. :D

One last thing, before I start the celebration, WE SHOCKED THE WORLD !!!! HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud of the coaches? Are you kidding me? When will Cowher put the pedal down and finish a team off? Indy didn't belong in this game but the predictable playcalling all second half almost cost them. I cannot believe Harper didn't either wait for blocking or just hit the corner and outrun Roth. Bettis almost cost them the game, Roth's tackle and Manning's greedyness cost Indy the comeback chance.

Proud of the coaches?  Are you kidding me?  When will Cowher put the pedal down and finish a team off?  Indy didn't belong in this game but the predictable playcalling all second half almost cost them. 

1267502[/snapback]

Cowher DID try for the dagger at the end, and look where it got him.

My post game thoughts, this game was a snoozer, with Indy finally showing up in the 4th, and Pitt choking the game away before the liquored up Kicker missed to send the game into OT, where Indy wins going away. Oh well, at least Denver has a cake walk to the SB. No way Pitt beats a team that actually has played in a month, unless they cheap shot their QB like they did last week.

The call on Polamolu was a total rip off, The Steelers deserved that game , no doubt at all!

Cowher DID try for the dagger at the end, and look where it got him.

1267508[/snapback]

Yea, I agree. I didn't like Cowher's conservative play-calling in the 2nd half. Had Pittsburgh continued to throw the ball, it would have been a blowout.

A win is a win, however, but Cowher almost once again blew it.

Peyton got a little greedy on '2nd and 2' and '3rd and 2', making the Field Goal a tough one. 

1267438[/snapback]

THIS is what should get talked about all week...Peyton and Dungy (assuming he has anything to do with the play calls) should be hung out to dry for not getting those 4-5 extra yards for Vjagt. I can see going for the long one to Wayne with the rookie covering him, and it was almost the game right there...but to then come back on 3rd down and go for another relatively long pass play to a WR who didn't even look like he was expecting the ball, well, that was horrific. Peyton will be seeing that one all offseason, as will VJagt who was clearly trying to put extra muscle into the 46-yarder and absolutely butchered it.

So much for the Steelers and Broncos choking in the big game.

1267513[/snapback]

Well, whichever one loses next week can still be labeled a "choker" by the crew of pinheads running around here.

Well, whichever one loses next week can still be labeled a "choker" by the crew of pinheads running around here.

1267525[/snapback]

:D That's true.

Around here, you're a choker unless you win the Superbowl. And even if you do win the Superbowl, it's not because of anything you did - you just got lucky. :D

My post game thoughts, this game was a snoozer, with Indy finally showing up in the 4th, and Pitt choking the game away before the liquored up Kicker missed to send the game into OT, where Indy wins going away.  Oh well, at least Denver has a cake walk to the SB.  No way Pitt beats a team that actually has played in a month, unless they cheap shot their QB like they did last week.

1267514[/snapback]

When I read your posts, I can't imagine how miserable you must be in real life to put so much effort into callout out fans of a team that isn't even playing your own team.

No offense.

Around here, you're a choker unless you win the Superbowl.  And even if you do win the Superbowl, it's not because of anything you did - you just got lucky.  :D

1267535[/snapback]

Now you're gettin' it. Maybe one of these days I'll write "The Hudde Pinhead History of Football":

1967 - Green Bay lucks out on a QB sneak in the closing minutes as Dallas chokes away the Ice Bowl.

1968 - Joe Namath guarantees a Jets win in SB III and is kept from looking like an ass because Earl Morrall, John Unitas, and Don Shula all choke away the game for Baltimore in a 16-7 loss

1988 - Joe Montana is lucky that the Cincy defense chokes down the stretch, allowing him to end a 90 yd drive with a game-winning pass to John Taylor.

Yeah, I am eating crow on this one big time. No way in hell I thought Pitt would take this game and as much as I hate to admit it they clearly deserved to win and that overturned INT was probably one of the worst calls I've ever seen. Congrats are in order for the Steelers they played a great overall game.

My post game thoughts, this game was a snoozer, with Indy finally showing up in the 4th, and Pitt choking the game away before the liquored up Kicker missed to send the game into OT, where Indy wins going away.  Oh well, at least Denver has a cake walk to the SB.  No way Pitt beats a team that actually has played in a month, unless they cheap shot their QB like they did last week.

1267514[/snapback]

You really show some class here. This is the only time I will quote you. You obviously didn't see the same game as the rest of the world.

Yeah, I am eating crow on this one big time. No way in hell I thought Pitt would take this game and as much as I hate to admit it they clearly deserved to win and that overturned INT was probably one of the worst calls I've ever seen.  Congrats are in order for the Steelers they played a great overall game.

1267561[/snapback]

:D Stand-up guys do exist. :D

Wow.  Never have I seen a game like that !!!!!!  The call against Polamalu is going to be the talk of the week.  I really can't believe it.  How that wasn't an interception is beyond me.  That said, I immediately decided that it wasn't an excuse.  After that play, they still could have stopped the Colts and they didn't.

1267438[/snapback]

:D

:D Who are you trying to impress with this BS statement?