[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sean Payton to be named Saints HC

Vet

It's semi-official. As a lifelong Saints fan, I'm okay with this hire. Payton was 2 on my wish list behind Mike Sherman and ahead of Mike Martz. Any change at this point is good. :D

1272532[/snapback]

I'm with you BFD. We went the coordinator route last time and we all know how that worked out. Not sure if Sherman really stood much of a chance, though, he likely wanted more power than Loomis was willing to give him. By the way, interesting article by John DeShazier in today T-P about how this is pretty much a do or die decision for Loomis in regards to his career as an NFL GM.

How is he as an OC? Did he do the play calling or Parcells?

Was he the QB coach when they had Wright and the other clowns a couple of years ago?

Obvious that I'm not really famaliar with him, info please.

How is he as an OC? Did he do the play calling or Parcells?

Was he the QB coach when they had Wright and the other clowns a couple of years ago?

Obvious that I'm not really famaliar with him, info please.

1272998[/snapback]

he was the "assistant head coach and passing game coordinator" for the Cowboys.He did call the plays this season.

It's semi-official. As a lifelong Saints fan, I'm okay with this hire. Payton was 2 on my wish list behind Mike Sherman and ahead of Mike Martz. Any change at this point is good. :D

My thoughts exactly Davey. I knew Sherman would want a good bit of control and knew Loomis wouldn't budge on that. As long as he brings in his own coordinators and gets rid of Brooks, I'll support him.

My thoughts exactly Davey.  I knew Sherman would want a good bit of control and knew Loomis wouldn't budge on that.  As long as he brings in his own coordinators and gets rid of Brooks, I'll support him.

1273826[/snapback]

My sentiments exactly. He may or may not be the right coach, but at least a change has been made. I'm really interested to see who he brings in as Def coordinator. Speculation on Sports Talk last night was that he'd bring with him Dallas' LB's coach.