[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panthers @ Seahawks: NFC CHAMPIONSHIP BABY

LooGie

The Championships are upon us, and it couldn't be a better time of year for me. My Panthers are off and running, but a giant is looming in the distance.

And it lives in a LOUD ASS, RAINY cave!!!!

I feel this is going to be an instant classic. A game for the ages. These teams match up quite evenly, IMO, with more balance going to SEA, but more explosiveness going to CAR. But both are explosive, and both are balanced.

First off, I posted on my thoughts about Alexander. Read them HERE. This analysis has nothing to do with that post. The only reason I link it, is to reference what WAS did to Alexander on his 6 carries for 9 yards. He was shut down, and while he usually is on fire from kickoff, this IS the playoffs, and perhaps he was going to catch fire at any moment.

I dont think anyone can deny CAR can stop the run better than WAS. I don't think anyone can deny CAR absolutely STUMPED Tiki, who had the second most total yards in NFL history this year, BTW. Alot of (AND I MEAN ALOT!!!) of Tiki's yards were after contact, meaning it was mostly Tiki's god given ability to get those yards, and not playcalling. Therefore CAR didn't really have to stop a scheme or a play, they had to stop Tiki. And they did.

I compare Tiki to Shaun, because I think they run the same way. Shaun just has a knack for finding the end-zone after breaking tackle after tackle.

I'll just come right out and say it; I think CAR can stop him. If WAS can, CAR can. While WAS only had to stop him 6 times, they still did. AS well as Morris. (big whoop, right?)

I could EASILY make an argument that CAR's corners have been playing the best in the NFL for several weeks now. I could make the argument that CAR's D-line is hitting a stride that is undeniable. I see a great matchup in the QB pressure market, on both teams. I think the game will ultimately be won in this area. If either Jake or Matt are hurried, mistakes and turnovers will follow. I just see CAR's D being able to get an INT much easier.

SEA's WRs could pretty much be covered in man coverage with our corners, while Smith would need at the very least 2, if not 3 on him all the time to be shut down. Jake is quite capable of finding the other recievers and capitalizing on blown coverage elsewhere. But, if they do manage to take out Smith, they must take out the running game. TB and DAL were the most successful at shutting Smith down. they did it with the bump and run, and also shutting down the running game. They won.

It's obvious to me that Smith is NOT CAR's game changer. He's their game winner. Without him, it's over, unless their run game is nice and strong, giving Jake the play action to the other guys. CAR's offensive line is firing on cylinders they didn't even know they had right now, so i feel very confident in the run game.

You all know how i feel about Foster; I got no problems with Goings in his place.

All Going's needs is 70-80 yards for balance for play action. He can get it.

I dont think this game is going to be as fast paced as everyone else thinks.

Here we go, my official score predictions.

With Smith over 100 yards:

CAR 27 SEA 23 (with Goings close to 100 yards rushing)

With Smith under 100 yards:

CAR 23 SEA 24 (with Goings between 50 and 70 yards)

With Smith over 200 yards:

CAR 35 SEA 30 (LooGie unconcious from celebrating)

Good luck to all the SEA fans. I hope we can remain friends when it's all over :D

I didn't read word for word but there is one HUGH difference between Seattle and my Giants, Hass. He has become IMO the best QB in the NFC and top 5 in the NFL. And he has weapons to boot. Stevens, JJ, Engram, and DJax. SA always struggles in the playoffs, 3 games less then 100 total yards combined. I also agree this will be a VERY close game and it could clearly go either way, but I think they slow Smith down just enough, he is their only weapon on paper, and Hass does just enough for Seattle to win a close one. I say 31-24 Seattle. But no doubt Carol can clearly win. I say it's a 60/40 game in favor of the 9-0 home team, so it's pretty much a toss up IMO.

I feel this is going to be an instant classic. A game for the ages. These teams match up quite evenly, IMO, with more balance going to SEA, but more explosiveness going to CAR. But both are explosive, and both are balanced.

First off, I posted on my thoughts about Alexander. Read them HERE. This analysis has nothing to do with that post. The only reason I link it, is to reference what WAS did to Alexander on his 6 carries for 9 yards. He was shut down, and while he usually is on fire from kickoff, this IS the playoffs, and perhaps he was going to catch fire at any moment.

1272950[/snapback]

Not true... Alexander often takes until late in the 2nd or even the 3rd quarter to start playing well. Which I think is just more evidence that his success is as much (if not more) the result of Seattles offensive line as his own talent (offensive line has had a while to wear down the defense... not like Alexander is wearing them down looking for minimal contact.) It certainly is true, however, that SA has yet to step it up any playoff game ever. Guess I still remain in the minority of Seattle fans that would like to see him replaced (if we can find a suitable replacement.) I certainly dread the possibility of Seattle giving him record money.

Interesting.... I agree with a few things- one being it has the potential to be a great back and forth type game with the lead changing hands a few times. SA is the key to the game tho not SS. I love SS, don't get me wrong, but if the Hawks can take him out which is easier to do as a WR- I think Carolina O becomes ordinary. Sea has to have SA, healthy and 100% to win- and Wash did not shut him down? 6 carries and a concusion - 6 carries doesn't tell you jack my man. SA has proven to be the #1, 2 RB in the NFL- and Sea needs him to have a good game no boubt. BUT the Sea O is very well balanced- your not giving Djax enough credit- guy is a top 10 wr, and is playing on fresh legs and looked awesome last week. SA is a bigger, more powerful back than Tiki, and I am guessing you might not have seen him play much. If Sea contains SS- they can win IMO- so the key is SA- if he can get his 20-25 carries- Sea should previal. The Car D can be scored on- Chi showed that last week. And wait until you see the Q on Sun. - loudest stadium in the NFL is gonna be riduclous.

Sea 31

Car 21

I feel this is going to be an instant classic. A game for the ages.

Maybe it'll be close and come down to the wire, but it's not like these are old rivals brimming with HOFers that are changing the way the game is played or looked upon. If this is the first of a series of meetings between these two as NFC powerhouses, then sure, it might be regarded as a classic at some point.

I'm not going to defend Alexander, as he's clearly not been a playoff performer up to this point in his career, but the guy got hurt last Saturday, the Redskins didn't stop him. The Seahawks as a team ran 26 times for 119 yards. That's hardly containing anyone.

I dont think anyone can deny CAR can stop the run better than WAS. I don't think anyone can deny CAR absolutely STUMPED Tiki, who had the second most total yards in NFL history this year, BTW. Alot of (AND I MEAN ALOT!!!) of Tiki's yards were after contact, meaning it was mostly Tiki's god given ability to get those yards, and not playcalling. Therefore CAR didn't really have to stop a scheme or a play, they had to stop Tiki. And they did.

I compare Tiki to Shaun, because I think they run the same way. Shaun just has a knack for finding the end-zone after breaking tackle after tackle.

I'll just come right out and say it; I think CAR can stop him. If WAS can, CAR can. While WAS only had to stop him 6 times, they still did. AS well as Morris. (big whoop, right?)

Explain Thomas Jones getting 4.0 a pop.

I could EASILY make an argument that CAR's corners have been playing the best in the NFL for several weeks now. I could make the argument that CAR's D-line is hitting a stride that is undeniable. I see a great matchup in the QB pressure market, on both teams. I think the game will ultimately be won in this area. If either Jake or Matt are hurried, mistakes and turnovers will follow. I just see CAR's D being able to get an INT much easier.

Matt Hasselbeck has thrown 2 INT in his last 200+ attempts.

I don't doubt that Carolina can go into Seattle and win the game, they are playing real well right now, but there isn't really any evidence they are going to do it based on what you're saying here.

Explain Thomas Jones getting 4.0 a pop.

1274727[/snapback]

what exactly do you want me to explain? he did good. Grossman opened up the running game...

Hell, Alexander can have 10 yards a carry if it'll net the same results as it did for Chicago.

I don't think Carolina is "more" explosive than the Seahawks. Carolina has ONE playmaker - Steve Smith. Seahawks have Hasslebeck, Alexander, and DJax.

With that said, I think it will be a good game. Carolina must not turn the ball over, and they should really try to score first. If they don't have to play from behind, then they have a good shot at winning.

I think Alexander is the difference in a close game, although I'd like to see Carolina win. Seahawks 27 Carolina 24.

I don't think Carolina is "more" explosive than the Seahawks.  Carolina has ONE playmaker - Steve Smith.  Seahawks have Hasslebeck, Alexander, and DJax.

With that said, I think it will be a good game.  Carolina must not turn the ball over, and they should really try to score first.  If they don't have to play from behind, then they have a good shot at winning.

I think Alexander is the difference in a close game, although I'd like to see Carolina win.  Seahawks 27  Carolina 24.

1274882[/snapback]

JJ and DJ Hacket have stepped it up and made big plays this year, Also Jeremy Stevens. Our offense is Explosive.

Here's how I see it. Seattle will not stop S. Smith. I don't care how many players or what players you put on him, he's going to get over 100 yds. and at least 1 TD. Face it he's going to show up on Sunday. I don't think he's the key to the game however. The running game is the key. Goings just has to do enough to grind out some first downs and shorten the length of this game. Carolina can't afford to let Seattle have the ball all day.

I firmly believe that Carolina will take SA for the most part out of this game. The key for Carolina is pressure on Hasselbeck. Carolina is going to have to blitz and take some chances to win this game. Typically, Carolina doesn't blitz which drives me crazy. If they do, then I think Carolina wins in a close contest. If they don't, or Seattle keeps tabs on the blitz then it's Seattle by 10.

Edited by NAUgrad

Not to rain on your parade, but Seattle is proof of how weak the NFC really is. Seahawk fans everywhere can rejoice at the schedule they played this year. Me and 30 of my friends from high school (were all fat and out of shape) could have went 5-11 playing the Hawks schedule this year, thats sad.

So all you Panther fans out there, buy your tickets now, your going to Detroit!

Im basing my Panthers win on these factors.

1. Any QB (Hassledorf)who has to hold the football above his head every time he scrambles for a 4 yard gain, like he just won the Indy 500, is a donkey who is bound to lose the game when it matters most (like a championship game).

2. Any RB (Alexandra) who roams the sidelines dancing and smiling, after rushing for 9 yards and 6 carries with 2 fumbles, doesnt have the brain capacity to know what a championship game is.

3. Any defense led by a rookie named after a loaf of bread, isnt going to win anything anytime soon. After the game, im sure some crows will come by to pick up whats left of lofa to fill their little stomachs.

4. Mike Holmgren is a #$^Z&*#, whatever that spells, you know it cant be good.

5. The fans are as overated as their team. Pretty sad when the Noise-o-meter is picking up Tony Siragusa's breathing on a crucial 3 and 10 for the Skins!

Now if somehow the Panthers suffer from jetlag and lose, it all comes back to playing that EASY @$$ schedule that gave them home field.

Sadly. the Seahawks schedule next year is just as easy, so ill have to hear how great they are for at least one more year.

1277269[/snapback]

Do you guys think this newbie is older or younger than Seahawk 37. :D

Edited by bushwacked

Not to rain on your parade, but Seattle is proof of how weak the NFC really is. Seahawk fans everywhere can rejoice at the schedule they played this year. Me and 30 of my friends from high school (were all fat and out of shape) could have went 5-11 playing the Hawks schedule this year, thats sad.

So all you Panther fans out there, buy your tickets now, your going to Detroit!

Im basing my Panthers win on these factors.

1. Any QB (Hassledorf)who has to hold the football above his head every time he scrambles for a 4 yard gain, like he just won the Indy 500, is a donkey who is bound to lose the game when it matters most (like a championship game).

2. Any RB (Alexandra) who roams the sidelines dancing and smiling, after rushing for 9 yards and 6 carries with 2 fumbles, doesnt have the brain capacity to know what a championship game is.

3. Any defense led by a rookie named after a loaf of bread, isnt going to win anything anytime soon. After the game, im sure some crows will come by to pick up whats left of lofa to fill their little stomachs.

4. Mike Holmgren is a #$^Z&*#, whatever that spells, you know it cant be good.

5. The fans are as overated as their team. Pretty sad when the Noise-o-meter is picking up Tony Siragusa's breathing on a crucial 3 and 10 for the Skins!

Now if somehow the Panthers suffer from jetlag and lose, it all comes back to playing that EASY @$$ schedule that gave them home field.

Sadly. the Seahawks schedule next year is just as easy, so ill have to hear how great they are for at least one more year.

1277269[/snapback]

:D