[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you prefer two weeks or one leading to SB ?

Menudo

Do you prefer two weeks or one leading to Super Bowl ?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer two weeks or one leading to Super Bowl ?

• One Week
    • Two Weeks

I don't mind the two weeks personally.  I think the teams (due to all the required media coverage) need the two weeks to prepare and do all the interviews etc.  It's a hugh event...why not live in the moment for those two weeks and enjoy the ride.  You worked the whole season to get there, and some over 30 years...I say sit back enjoy the two weeks and when you get tired of the media turn your tv off or to a different channel. 

For me I am going to soak up all the media coverage I can get to see my Hawks during this INCREDIBLE event.  GOING TO DETROIT!!!  :D

1284979[/snapback]

I agree, plus it most likely gives the hosting city more time to soak up all the $$$$ that they are hoping for and people extra time to make travel plans, etc, etc.

If you look at past results since SB XV or so you'll notice that there are numerous blowouts until SB XXV - the Norwood wide right finish. Off the top of my head that was the first 1 week gap I could remember.

They've done the 1 week thing over the past few years - since 1999? - and it resulted in probably the best run of exciting games we might ever see.

2 weeks seems to allow one of the teams to vaporlock and crumble under the pressure.

Then again, maybe it was just the Bills and Reeves Led Broncos (with the exception of XXV) oh yeah and the Stan Humphries Chargers sucking wind......

1284722[/snapback]

The Steelers apologize for the Stan Humphries debacle. The Steelers choked worse in that game against the Chargers in the AFC Championship game than any in their history.

The Steelers apologize for the Stan Humphries debacle.  The Steelers choked worse in that game against the Chargers in the AFC Championship game than any in their history.

1285014[/snapback]

What about the INT throwen to Larry Brown?

Last sunday when S Alexander ran around the track with the trophy reporters were all over him. They couldn't just let him and the fans enjoy the moment.

There are way too many reporters in this country and most of them don't do a good job, but come on that was ridiculous.

I voted 1 week. Forget the SB crap. Get on with the game.

1284819[/snapback]

:D

And I thought this actually might be a Menudo post with no reference to Bettis or Big Ben, but he just couldn't help himself and dropped 'em in real subtle like. :D

1284900[/snapback]

What about the INT throwen to Larry Brown?

1285017[/snapback]

The Cowboys were favored in that Super Bowl. The Steelers were heavily favored in the Chargers debacle.

I like one week.

However, I remember reading that some players complained about one week because they are inundated with requests from family and friends and one week didn't give them time to make appropriate arrangements for their entourage. Sounded like a silly complaint to me. You make enough money - hire a friggin travel agent.

I guess it allows for players to get healthy and such - but at this point of the season - I am looking to get an extra day back on the weekends - and thusly want the Superbowl to come ASAP

1285255[/snapback]

And you call yourself a football fan!! :D

I am DREADING having that "extra day" back on my weekend!! :D:D

I voted for 1 week as a presonal preference, but I think the strongest case for 2 weeks can be made from a coaching standpoint... it's the biggest game of their lives, and it would be nice to have an extra few days to go over your opponent's strengths and weaknesses and come up with your best possible game plan for the big show.

If they make the wait two weeks how many people would rather see the Big Game on the Saturday, 13 days after the Championship games?

1285360[/snapback]

THERE YOU GO!!! Gives me the Sunday to recover from the hangover!! Some of the most PAINFUL days of my career have been the Mondays after SB SUnday!!!

THERE YOU GO!!!  Gives me the Sunday to recover from the hangover!!  Some of the most PAINFUL days of my career have been the Mondays after SB SUnday!!!

1285364[/snapback]

Yeah well, if your a Niners fan I don't think you have to worry about that anymore for quite some time.

If they make the wait two weeks how many people would rather see the Big Game on the Saturday, 13 days after the Championship games?

1285360[/snapback]

:D Great idea !!! I know it was lose the tradition of "Super Bowl Sunday", but so many people have parties, and then have to deal with work the next day. This would solve that problem for many, and the parties would be bigger, better, and longer. :D

1285360[/snapback]

That idea alone could earn you a significant majority in the next Presidential election, should you choose to throw your hat into the ring. :D