[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick blames the offense

THE SIX KINGS

Of course you're absolutely right here.I think this is more a condemnation of Vick's skills (or lack thereof) in the passing game, than anything else.

1321061[/snapback]

Agreed, in the true WCO your QB has to have touch, Vick does not have touch. he can run fast...and he can throw far, he is just missing everything else in between.

Mike Vick is the best football player ever to play the game...  :D

1320290[/snapback]

If only those doofus coaches wouldn't keep designing plays calling for him to fumble or throw to guys dressed like the other team ... :D

Vick blames the offense. :D

I'm surprised that Dunn isn't used more in the passing game (29 receptions over each of the past two years... WAY less than he got in TB's non-WCO).

1320995[/snapback]

It's not due to a lack of opportunities for Dunn.

Unfortunately I can't count the number of times I'd watch Vick throw to Dunn on a well set up screen play, and see it sail 10' over Dunn's head. :D

Edited by Big Score 1

It's not due to a lack of opportunities for Dunn.

Unfortunately I can't count the number of times I'd watch Vick throw to Dunn on a well set up screen play, and see it sail 10' over Dunn's head. :D

1321147[/snapback]

Not to mention teams have their safties in so it is just faster to take off with the ball running , by the time they throw it ,the saftie who is charge of Vick slides over and is right on top of whoever is running out on the screen with the ball.

Vick relies on broken plays, which means he is very inconsistant.

I have a simple solution. Trade Vick for a legit WR and start Shaub. Shaub is the BEST Qb in Atlanta.

1320462[/snapback]

:D

Vick = most over-rated player in the game (at QB). Wouldn't you think they would use him as a third down back/slot back/WR and use the QB with the best passer rating on the team as their starter? :D

Guest THEbigred
See these are the big 3 issues right here.

Vick thinks...has a perception...and says....as far as he knows.

Vick simply isn't smart enough, to be making these kind of observations.

Hmmmmm.......Not exactly throwing Knapp under the bus here. He's honestly saying it may be hurting him & the offense....not saying it is the definitive problem

The one and only thing he said, that is actually spot on. :D

*Note*

I didn't know that Vick even knew of such a big word as "perception".....let alone it's proper usage. :D

*End Note*

1320795[/snapback]

You're just saying these things because you are a racist blah blah nazi blah blah evil whitey blah slavery blah blah oppression blah blah etc blah.

He good! :applause:

LMFAO @ Vick. Keep it up Mikey, you prove your stupidity and lack of class more and more with every word.

Maybe his bro can come in and show him a few things. Like how to step on people and get away with it. Oh and not get "hurt" doing it. :D

I forgot, which overrated NFC Pro Bowl QB threw the passing TD for the NFC? :D

1326965[/snapback]

Ummm, the one that fumbled the ball away. Oh, and had his team win DESPITE his play, not because of it. Now where do we hear that mantra alot? Ohhh, you're right. Michael Vick.

:D He's Antwan Randel El, only not as well used within his offense. Nothing more. Nothing less, although AREl fumbles less ... :D

Vick will not improve, he was exposed last year, and teams know how to stop him now(thanks to Gruden), which forces him to beat you with his arm. Forget what he did as a passer at VT. NFL ball is light years from college ball and the DT schemes in the NFL are vastily more complex than college, not to mention the talent at the NFL level on DT is just not even comparable to college. Vick is a bust, it just took some time for the exposure to rise above the hype.

Vick will not improve, he was exposed last year, and teams know how to stop him now(thanks to Gruden), which forces him to beat you with his arm. Forget what he did as a passer at VT. NFL ball is light years from college ball and the DT schemes in the NFL are vastily more complex than college, not to mention the talent at the NFL level on DT is just not even comparable to college. Vick is a bust, it just took some time for the exposure to rise above the hype.

1328230[/snapback]

Good info here, I was never a Vick fan. I thought San Diego trading the pick was one of the smartest trades in recent memory.

I can't imagine how hard it must be for him to drop back and the first thing he thinks about is not to run. He needs to learn how to pass, it's as simple as that. He tries but his natural instinct is to run no matter what. It's not helping his team. People have figured him out. I remember watching the Bears play him this year. Vick usually gets some yards here and there but they aren't gonna win because of that. When they are behind in games, it's usually over because Vick cannot bring a team from behind passing the ball.

The fact they win in spite of him, not because of him, is so true. The team around him is not horrible. They had a great defense that didn't play well and their rushing game is awesome. Schaub did great when he played this year against the Pats. I would be interested to see what kind of market is out there for Vick and his joke of a contract.

Vick will never win a Super Bowl. The fro will be pretty darn long.

ATL needs to go to an old school Oakland Raiders offence. Run the ball and throw the deep ball. Put pressue on the defense to come up and stop the RBs and stop Vick on the ground....and take your shots downfield. There's no way Vick will ever be an effective/accurate short to mid-range passer. So why forced a square peg into a round hole?

Don't draft Shaquille O'Neal and expect him to lead the league in assists. (Yes, I know....we're still talking about football)

ATL needs to go to an old school Oakland Raiders offence.  Run the ball and throw the deep ball.  Put pressue on the defense to come up and stop the RBs and stop Vick on the ground....and take your shots downfield.  There's no way Vick will ever be an effective/accurate short to mid-range passer.  So why forced a square peg into a round hole?

Don't draft Shaquille O'Neal and expect him to lead the league in assists.  (Yes, I know....we're still talking about football)

1329799[/snapback]

What does Shaq playing point guard for the Raiders offense in Atlanta have to do with this? :D

What does Shaq playing point guard for the Raiders offense in Atlanta have to do with this? :D

1329819[/snapback]

I think with a little deductive reasoning, rebdog was pointing out the misutilization of a player's strengths.

ATL needs to go to an old school Oakland Raiders offence.  Run the ball and throw the deep ball.  Put pressue on the defense to come up and stop the RBs and stop Vick on the ground....and take your shots downfield.  There's no way Vick will ever be an effective/accurate short to mid-range passer.  So why forced a square peg into a round hole?

1329799[/snapback]

I haven't seen him throw the deep or short pass effectively. I don't see how throwing deep more will help if he can't can't hit an open receiver. Assuming they ever get a reciever who can get open.

I forgot, which overrated NFC Pro Bowl QB threw the passing TD for the NFC? :D I say NFC because Peyton threw one to the NFC. All those people on the field look the same when you're God.

1326965[/snapback]

Are you basing arguments on a performance in the Pro Bowl?

:D