[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Mock Draft

Outshined

'canes2004: I wanted to take part in this draft but you beat me to the punch by selecting the Dolphins before I had the chance to.

As a huge Dolphin fan for many years I must say that I LOVE your pick and I agree 100% with it. Excellant pick.

1359781[/snapback]

Cool. I think Outshined said he might put together another draft as well. Maybe a 2 rounder for the next time. If so, you take that one. Maybe we could come to some consensus on the pick or something like that.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy Williams is the pick of the Dolphins.

1359747[/snapback]

Nice pick. I was hoping he would fall to KC.

Sarge is up I believe.

Edited by Randall

Cool. I think Outshined said he might put together another draft as well. Maybe a 2 rounder for the next time. If so, you take that one. Maybe we could come to some consensus on the pick or something like that.

1359793[/snapback]

I think another draft WITH TRADES is a must :D

1359793[/snapback]

Why did we pass on Young?

I don't know much about the folk coming out from college... but from a need end... seemed like Young was the winner. Did you draft assuming that we got Brees?

I agree.  It would make it more interesting than it already is.

1359867[/snapback]

THIS draft is pretty interesting already. :D

I agree.  It would make it more interesting than it already is.

1359867[/snapback]

it would be hard to make it realistic, though...

the trading would have to be limited and we would have to know which teams are getting compensation picks...and how many...

Dallas takes SANTONIO HOLMES

I really hoped Vince would slide another pick, and think if he fell this far, JJ would make a move up to get him. Justice is also gone, and I dont see a CB or S worth taking this high. LB Sims is the only other possability on defense, but the Cowboys might prefer WR Chad Jackson .

I had to Pick Vince Young with Culpepper having one foot out the door. If Vince had been picked, I had a few other players I had targeted. With this team having so many needs, its hard to figure what they will do until after free agency is over. As for the pick, Vince was the logical thing to do. I don't think he will fall to 17.

Edited by Outshined

I had to Pick Vince Young with Culpepper having one foot out the door. If Vince had been picked,  I had a few other players I had targeted. With this team having so many needs, its hard to figure what they will do until after free agency is over. As for the pick, Vince was the logical thing to do. I don't think he will fall to 17.

1360404[/snapback]

I doubt he will either.

With this team having so many needs, its hard to figure what they will do until after free agency is over.

1360404[/snapback]

That's how I felt with the Eagles pick. With the money they have to spend in free agency, it's hard to tell what they'll target at this point in the draft.

Does the clock does not run on weekends?

I don't think it should, some people might have plans.

1360541[/snapback]

They may.

Keep it going, ask everyone to try and check in twice a day and if they can't so be it.

That's how i would approach it. Hopefully they will tell us if they are out of touch. Once started i like to see it through if possible.

They may.

Keep it going, ask everyone to try and check in twice a day and if they can't so be it.

That's how i would approach it. Hopefully they will tell us if they are out of touch. Once started i like to see it through if possible.

1360586[/snapback]

It would be cool if they checked in every once in a while to keep it moving.

Edit: We are 3 and 1/2 days in and have 18 picks. I think were rolling pretty good. About 5 picks per day.

Edited by Outshined

Most mocks that allow trades just seem to get too Madden-esque..... this one is turning out to be pretty good IMO. No picks have been silly, and like Avernus said, there is always a surprise.... a guy going earlier than expected, and guys dropping. Unless Young can convince teams in private workouts and meetings that he has the smarts to run an NFL offense, I can see him dropping the way he has.

I think most teams looking for a QB would prefer to take a Croyle or a Whitehurst later on, rather than Young early in the first. On the other hand, I could see the Raiders taking him too.

And with the 19th pick in the first round the CHARGERS select:

MARCUS MCNEILL, OT

The buzz on San Diego sports radio is that the Bolts really like this guy and don't want to risk losing him to Tampa Bay, a team also looking to bolster their offensive line. With Rivers looking more and more like the starting QB this year and with Oben getting on in years, a tackle like the 6'8", 330 lb. McNeill is essential to protect Rivers' blindside and to open holes for LT and the ground game.

1360885[/snapback]

I think Minnesota might be interested in him also. He was one of my targets had Vince not slipped...