[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Mock Draft

Outshined

Now we're drafting based on what we think THEY will do on draft day, or what  WE would do on draft day?

1331831[/snapback]

Mostly you want to try and address your teams needs. From being a Dolphins homer, I know what needs my team has. I've come to this opinion from watching the games this past year, reading articles from 3-4 sources daily about the Dolphins, listening to Nick Saban speak about his goals during the offseason etc... Right now I have 5 players targeted for the Dolphins 16th selection in the first round. As long as they don't trade up or down or trade the pick away altogether, I am 90% sure they will take one of these 5 based on my research.

That's why Outshined wanted true homers. It's alot easier to do the research for a team you follow on a daily basis during the season and off-season.

While your priorities might be a bit different than the guys in the war room during draft day, try and stay true to what you feel your team will do when it comes time to make their pick.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we're drafting based on what we think THEY will do on draft day, or what  WE would do on draft day?

1331831[/snapback]

See, this is why I wish we could do trades. The Texans will more than likely take Bush (hho I don't think they need) or TRADE DOWN.

See, this is why I wish we could do trades.  The Texans will more than likely take Bush (hho I don't think they need) or TRADE DOWN.

1331987[/snapback]

We will do two of these. The first one will be no trades and the second Mock will allow trades.

Oh and still looking for anybody to take Kansas City.

Edited for Kansas City..

Edited by Outshined

See, this is why I wish we could do trades.  The Texans will more than likely take Bush (hho I don't think they need) or TRADE DOWN.

1331987[/snapback]

OR they could do both. Let Saints/Titans/Jets move up and grab the QB they want and still snag Bush.

Edited by budlitebrad

We will do two of these. The first one will be no trades and the second Mock will allow trades.

Oh and still looking for anybody to take Kansas City.

Edited for Kansas City..

1332059[/snapback]

The second draft will be much more fun for me, so puting fealers out there now... Arington....anybody?.. Jets?? 49ers?? Arrington on the block!! Ramsey...... taking offers...... Detroit? Buffalo? Let's talk deals!!!

We still have an opening for the Chiefs...

Randall - I just noticed somehow you got bumped and are not on anymore. I know you wanted to draft. Maybe you could take the Chiefs and Chief Dick could could point you in the right direction...

Are you interested?

Also - we might need someone for the Raiders. Thundercat joined the huddle on Feb 11th and has not posted since the 12th when I started this thread. I don't know if he will be back.

KP holmes or Raider.Nation interested?

The combine starts on Wednesday. We are two weeks away from the draft. I hope everyone is ready!

We still have an opening for the Chiefs...

Randall - I just noticed somehow you got bumped and are not on anymore. I know you wanted to draft. Maybe you could take the Chiefs and Chief Dick could could point you in the right direction...

Are you interested?

Also - we might need someone for the Raiders. Thundercat joined the huddle on Feb 11th and has not posted since the 12th when I started this thread. I don't know if he will be back.

KP holmes or Raider.Nation interested?

The combine starts on Wednesday. We are two weeks away from the draft. I hope everyone is ready!

1332680[/snapback]

Sure sign me up.

Bump - I opened up the Raiders...

ThunderCat has not replied to my posts or PM. He has not logged on since 2/12.

12 days until the mock draft...

1335885[/snapback]

I would like to take on the Raiders if they are open!

email address is hosler427@gmail.com if you want to get in contact with me

I'll take the Raiders.  Even though the Packers are my #1 team, Oakland has been 1A since Marcus Allen's SB TD run.  Bo Jackson, Howie Long, Tim Brown, etc. have always been among my favorite players.

1337042[/snapback]

I'd rather see Todd handle the Raiders.

Doesnt matter to me who takes the Raiders, but I do have a question for whoever does...what are we going to do about this coin flip? I'm not sure when it is supposed to be conducted, but I am guessing it wont be before our mock draft starts (Mar 3rd?)

I say we have Outshined (a neutral party) conduct the flip....i call tails :D

Edited by NinersIn2006!

I would like to take on the Raiders if they are open!

email address is hosler427@gmail.com if you want to get in contact with me

1336747[/snapback]

Welcome to the Huddle!! Unfortunately, I am going to have Todd take the Raiders. I am sure he will welcome your input if you are a Homer. Sorry - but I need to make sure the person who is drafting for this team will be here on draft day to make the pick. The last person that signed up (he was new also) for this team has not been here in 10 days. I can't take that chance again and it would not be fun for the others who are participating in this mock draft to have somebody not show up.

I'll take the Raiders.  Even though the Packers are my #1 team, Oakland has been 1A since Marcus Allen's SB TD run.  Bo Jackson, Howie Long, Tim Brown, etc. have always been among my favorite players.

1337042[/snapback]

I will put you down as the one who is making the pick. Thanks!

Outshined,

I understand why you would want a person that is known to be reliable! If you run another mock draft keep me in mind...I will be around :D

1337400[/snapback]

There is going to be a second mock after this one and closer to draft time. The time and the details have not been worked out yet.

Link?

There were erroneous reports to that effect right after the regular season, but last I heard they were going to wait until after the SuperBowl. Since then, I haven't heard anything about a result.

1337253[/snapback]

It might not have carried the impact of the 10 regular-season games in which the Bay Area rivals have met, but San Francisco's "victory" over the Oakland Raiders on Friday, in a coin toss to determine the sixth and seventh overall choices in the draft, still felt pretty important to 49ers officials.

"It gives us a better spot to find more quality football players," 49ers coach Mike Nolan said.

By virtue of identical 4-12 records and the same opponents' winning percentage (.539), the Raiders and 49ers tied for sixth and seventh in draft order. The tie was broken Friday with the coin flip, as San Francisco vice president of player personnel Scot McCloughan won with a call of "tails."

The flip officially sets the order of selection in the first round, as the 49ers will choose in the sixth slot and the Raiders in the seventh position. The other 30 slots in the first round had already been determined.

Beyond setting the first-round order, winning the coin toss also provides San Francisco an advantage in some early-round subsequent rounds as well. In a rotation with the four other franchises that posted 4-12 records in 2005, the 49ers will own the fifth pick in the second round, the fourth choice in the third round, and the third pick in the fourth round. San Francisco will select seventh in Round 5, sixth in the sixth round and fifth in the final round, barring trades.

While the 49ers benefit by just one spot in the first round, that margin could be significant, given the way the picks might come off the board.

"It puts us one slot ahead of where we might have been and we can take a player we have our eye on," McCloughan said.

link