[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Mock Draft

Outshined

I never said don't pick up a former 1st rounder as a FA (Dilfer, Collins), I just said don't draft one. Aikman and Dallas were before the salary cap era and Elway was NOT the reason that Denver won the SB. Ok, he had a great run against GB to score, but it was the D and Terrell Davis (#1 fantasy player remember) who won those SB's. Same with Pitts and Roethlisberger. Pitts won DESPITE Roeth, not because of him.

My problem w/ QB is that there is 1) too much pressure to play him early and 2) too much focus on any failures he has. Like I said, look how much grief Manning is getting in Indy now. I'd rather build my team around a solid OL, running game and D. Seems like a better formula to me.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said don't pick up a former 1st rounder as a FA (Dilfer, Collins), I just said don't draft one.  Aikman and Dallas were before the salary cap era and Elway was NOT the reason that Denver won the SB.  Ok, he had a great run against GB to score, but it was the D and Terrell Davis (#1 fantasy player remember) who won those SB's.  Same with Pitts and Roethlisberger.  Pitts won DESPITE Roeth, not because of him.

My problem w/ QB is that there is 1) too much pressure to play him early and 2) too much focus on any failures he has.  Like I said, look how much grief Manning is getting in Indy now.  I'd rather build my team around a solid OL, running game and D.  Seems like a better formula to me.

1355323[/snapback]

Your evuation of why Pitt and Denver won SB's is just rediculous. Do you think for a second Pitt or Denver even make it to the SB without their 1st round QB's. Quick answer...Not way in Hell!!! How did TD do after Elway retired. Even before he got hurt, he was no where near as dominant.

Many teams that are winning now have Olines with players that weren't taken in the first round. If there is ever a position that you don't need to draft 1st round talent, it's the Oline.

The bottom line is any first round pick can be a dud. Whether you draft D line, O line, or whatever, your bound to whiff once in a while. But to say that you never draft a QB in the first is just dumb!

I think this is a pretty easy pick for the Pack...the players that teams are really interested in trading up for (Bush, Ferguson, and Leinart) are gone.  I could still see Thompson trading down to someone like Oakland that may really want Young or Williams, but I think GB would think very hard about taking Williams.  He'll help give the defense an identity.

1355210[/snapback]

Great pick. It makes a ton of sense. KGB can't do it all by himself.

Great pick.  It makes a ton of sense.  KGB can't do it all by himself.

1355757[/snapback]

Kampman's no slouch on the other side, but a freak like Williams can't be ignored.

1355776[/snapback]

My preference would be to resign Kamp and have him start opposite Williams, with KGB coming in on later downs and Kamp moving inside. That would go along well with a DT group that played pretty well last year.

My preference would be to resign Kamp and have him start opposite Williams, with KGB coming in on later downs and Kamp moving inside.  That would go along well with a DT group that played pretty well last year.

1355785[/snapback]

:D

My preference would be to resign Kamp and have him start opposite Williams, with KGB coming in on later downs and Kamp moving inside.  That would go along well with a DT group that played pretty well last year.

1355785[/snapback]

Ditto! Fatman, have you been reading my posts, or were we seperated at birth? :D

That's the only reason I took Leinart for the Saints....I'm not sold on the guy.

1355010[/snapback]

Saints have said they wouldn't pass on Bush if he dropped, but what they say & what they do are two different things. For all we know they make take D'Brick. I think they are hoping they don't have to make that decision when the time comes.

Edited by rajncajn

Kampman's no slouch on the other side, but a freak like Williams can't be ignored.

1355776[/snapback]

The only problem I see with the pick, is if you cant stop the run, teams dont have to pass, which eliminates some of the need of a quality pass rusher. I dont dislike the pick, just think this team needs help on the interior of their defense, as well as their OL more than Williams.

I hope Grady Jackson is a top off season priority. Williams CAN stop the run, compared to KGB. Also, this would keep KGB fresher for passing downs.

Also, it's very rare for an OG to be taken high in the draft. I'd like to see Williams and then an OG and LB in the 2nd and 3rd. We should be able to get starters in all 3 of those rounds.

The only problem I see with the pick, is if you cant stop the run, teams dont have to pass, which eliminates some of the need of a quality pass rusher.  I dont dislike the pick, just think this team needs help on the interior of their defense, as well as their OL more than Williams.

1355886[/snapback]

Run defense is a concern, certainly. I do think that the young rotation of guys we have at DT should continue to get better. End is still a big need and no other players make as much sense as Williams at this point.

Williams is the best player available at this point and Thompson, if nothing else, has shown the tendency to draft according to that strategy.

Probably should have had signups a little closer to when it actually started. Half the people probably don't even remember.

1356366[/snapback]

Ninersin2006 posted yesterday so hopefully he will draft soon.

Probably should have had signups a little closer to when it actually started. Half the people probably don't even remember.

1356366[/snapback]

It took over 2 weeks to get 32 people signed up. I am sure they know it started yesterday. Its hard enough getting 12 together for a Fantasy Mock at one time. I put the 24 window in case someone wasn't able to get to a computer, not use the whole time to figure out who to draft. They better know by now which players to target. I was hoping it would go a little quicker...I am sure there will be some days where we will there will be 6-8 picks and others like this. If we get this done in two weeks or so, we can start another one and maybe have time for a third before the draft on April 29th.

It took over 2 weeks to get 32 people signed up. I am sure they know it started yesterday. Its hard enough getting 12 together for a Fantasy Mock at one time. I put the 24 window in case someone wasn't able to get to a computer, not use the whole time to figure out who to draft. They better know by now which players to target. I was hoping it would go a little quicker...I am sure there will be some days where we will there will be 6-8 picks and others like this. If we get this done in two weeks or so, we can start another one and maybe have time for a third before the draft on April 29th.

1356434[/snapback]

I'd still like to do three rounds.... it's hard to look at a team's strategy with just two. We could start another one before this one is completely finished. For me, the Jets' third round pick is a big deal in terms of where that team is right now. At one of my homer Jets boards, we also vote on what team did the best job (voting for yourself is not permitted). Just some of my thoughts....