[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on SA

NoSupe4You

"Alexander may be the league's most valuable player, but he isn't his team's most valuable player. Matt Hasselbeck is. The fact that Seattle beat Washington in the playoffs without Alexander is the best indication of that."

The next time I read or hear this I think I'm gonna :D . I realize how important Hasselbeck is to the Hawks but that really doesn't diminish what SA has meant to them for the past few years either or for that fact what he could mean in another playoff run. One game against Washington doesn't minimize what he has done in so many other games to help put Seattle in the position to win. In past years if the defense, WR's, and Hasselbeck had been more consistent maybe the Hawks would've won a few more playoff games - JMO.

as A Hawk fan- M Morris or Lendale White??  :D  no way on both

1332050[/snapback]

:D Actually, I'd say Wisconsin's Brian Calhoun is extremely close to SA in style - little bit smaller - and will DEFINITELY be available at #31; heck, he might be there at #62.

I like the Seahawks, but I, as a Vikings fan, would love it if the Vikings could land Alexander in Minnesota.

1332016[/snapback]

I hope not. The Vikings have too many needs right now - offensive line, linebacker, safety, wide reciever and possibly QB. I hope the new Triangle Of Authority realizes that too and they don't spend their whole wad of cash is one place.

your thoughts are what?? that he is confident in his ability and trying to get a good contract and wants to get paid?? 

as A Hawk fan- M Morris or Lendale White??  :D  no way on both

1332050[/snapback]

Exactly what I was thinking. I re-read the article trying to figure out what his thoughts are on SA, and still can't figure out what supe is trying to say. Brains.

Nothing I haven't been saying for the last 2 months:

SA shouldn't be the Seahawks top priority, Hutchinson should

SA isn't even as big a priority as Hasselbeck and Jones were last year

SA doesn't give propper due to his team for what he has done the last 5 years. He talks about it alot but then when contract time comes its they need to come correct or I will go else where. I say let him run in Cleveland or Arizona for a few years if he wants the money.

SA on most other teams is probably a slightly above average running back.

SA is all about SA

SA doesn't have the heart most the rest of the team does.

SA shouldn't be the Seahawks top priority, Hutchinson should

SA isn't even as big a priority as Hasselbeck and Jones were last year

SA doesn't give propper due to his team for what he has done the last 5 years.  He talks about it alot but then when contract time comes its they need to come correct or I will go else where.  I say let him run in Cleveland or Arizona for a few years if he wants the money.

SA on most other teams is probably a slightly above average running back.

SA is all about SA

SA doesn't have the heart most the rest of the team does.

1332971[/snapback]

:D Wrong across the board. First off- SA wanting a long term deal?? or maybe playing elsewhere?? all art of negotiating- of course he is going to say he wil go elsehwhere- but he won't- they will sign him. These guys have ego's- he feels he is not getting his due- and he is right!! SA slightly above average?? flat out stupid comment- guy has proven himself year after year. Amaxing to me how people hate on this guy- while Seattle has a nice system in place and a good line, thinking you can plug anyone in there is nuts. SA is all about SA?? based on what?? that he was pissed about the rushing title?? so what- he regrets what he said- BUT he was right on the $$- entire offense wanted that distinction. SA is a stand up guy- has been a valuable teammate, and has all the heart you could want in a back- durable as hel. Guy deserves a good contract........period

:D  Wrong across the board. First off- SA wanting a long term deal?? or maybe playing elsewhere?? all art of negotiating- of course he is going to say he wil go elsehwhere- but he won't- they will sign him. These guys have ego's- he feels he is not getting his due- and he is right!! SA slightly above average?? flat out stupid comment- guy has proven himself year after year. Amaxing to me how people hate on this guy- while Seattle has a nice system in place and a good line, thinking you can plug anyone in there is nuts. SA is all about SA?? based on what?? that he was pissed about the rushing title?? so what- he regrets what he said- BUT he was right on the $$- entire offense wanted that distinction. SA is a stand up guy- has been a valuable teammate, and has all the heart you could want in a back- durable as hel. Guy deserves a good contract........period

1333150[/snapback]

I don't see it. He has rubbed me the wrong way from the begining. Here is another one for you. How many times did you see him reach the sideline on the stretch play this year, realize he wasn't going to get much, and instead of putting his head down and getting what he could turn around and start running backwards and back across the field? How many times did that actually help? How many times did he catch a key pass? How many times did you see him give a half asked effort on a block and the pass rusher make it to Hass because of it?

SA doesn't give propper due to his team for what he has done the last 5 years.  He talks about it alot but then when contract time comes its they need to come correct or I will go else where.  I say let him run in Cleveland or Arizona for a few years if he wants the money.

1332971[/snapback]

These thoughts contradict each other. I agree that SA does talk about his team and I believe he does give them "props." And lets talk about his contract antics. Maybe it's just that I live in Ohio, but throughout the year I hardly heard a peep from SA regarding this being a contract year for him. I don't recall any preseason holdout talks, crying or complaining throughout the year, or requests for an immediate new deal. In fact everytime I saw a sportscaster ask a contract question, he handled it beautifully. He proved to me his worth on the field, and not by ranting after game day. I’ll give him “props” for acting how an NFL player should act. Now that the season is over and he rightfully asks for the money, you bash him for it.

He's a great RB and a consummate professional in league full of babies. IMO

These thoughts contradict each other.  I agree that SA does talk about his team and I believe he does give them "props."  And lets talk about his contract antics.  Maybe it's just that I live in Ohio, but throughout the year I hardly heard a peep from SA regarding this being a contract year for him.  I don't recall any preseason holdout talks, crying or complaining throughout the year, or requests for an immediate new deal.  In fact everytime I saw a sportscaster ask a contract question, he handled it beautifully.  He proved to me his worth on the field, and not by ranting after game day.  I’ll give him “props” for acting how an NFL player should act.  Now that the season is over and he rightfully asks for the money, you bash him for it. 

He's a great RB and a consummate professional in league full of babies.  IMO

1333205[/snapback]

The thoughts are contradictary only because SA contradradicts himself. Thanks for helping me make the point though. I do have to give him some credit for saying its about the money though. Most say its not about the money even when it is.

SA doesn't give propper due to his team for what he has done the last 5 years.  He talks about it alot but then when contract time comes its they need to come correct or I will go else where. 

1332971[/snapback]

The thoughts are contradictary

1333225[/snapback]

Agreed :D

Money obviously plays a part in everything, time for some pay-per-view pron...

It will do nothing short of murdering the future of this franchise (ala the 49ers, Cowboys before Parcells, Raiders, Packers), but the Seahawks don't have a choice in the matter. They have to sign Shaun Alexander. Simple as that. Whatever his highest offer, they have to beat it by a dollar. Even if they were to sign some stud like Edgerrin James, that small amount of risk that it might not work out is too big of a risk to take at this point. The Seahawks are too good to play that lousy in the Super Bowl again.

It will do nothing short of murdering the future of this franchise (ala the 49ers, Cowboys before Parcells, Raiders, Packers), but the Seahawks don't have a choice in the matter.  They have to sign Shaun Alexander.  Simple as that.  Whatever his highest offer, they have to beat it by a dollar.  Even if they were to sign some stud like Edgerrin James, that small amount of risk that it might not work out is too big of a risk to take at this point.  The Seahawks are too good to play that lousy in the Super Bowl again.

1335790[/snapback]

The Seahawks are in a position to re-sign him and opposing markets can't offer him enough to bolt. IMHO.

The Seahawks are in a position to re-sign him and opposing markets can't offer him enough to bolt.  IMHO.

1337885[/snapback]

I think this is probably the case unless he wants to go to Cleveland or Arizona AND those teams want him. If he comes back at a reasonable rate I will be more than happy. Of course then we may have to deal with him under performing because of his damaged pride (I see him as this type of person... could be wrong I guess.)

Edited by NoSupe4You

I will say I've watched SA play quite a bit over the years as I've had him in my keeper league since Ricky Watters went down. While it is hard to ignore SA's level of productivity, I do think he is more of a product of Seattle's O-line. I can't remember seeing SA do much in the way of creating space for himself, juking other players, etc. The Seattle O-line simply makes hugh holes...and SA takes advantage. Which, of course, is what he is supposed to do. I do sincerely think if he goes to another team with a sub-par O-line...SA's inability to create space or put his head down and gain extra yards will come to the forefront.

I will say I've watched SA play quite a bit over the years as I've had him in my keeper league since Ricky Watters went down.  While it is hard to ignore SA's level of productivity, I do think he is more of a product of Seattle's O-line.  I can't remember seeing SA do much in the way of creating space for himself, juking other players, etc.  The Seattle O-line simply makes hugh holes...and SA takes advantage.  Which, of course, is what he is supposed to do.  I do sincerely think if he goes to another team with a sub-par O-line...SA's inability to create space or put his head down and gain extra yards will come to the forefront.

1338404[/snapback]

+1

I will say I've watched SA play quite a bit over the years as I've had him in my keeper league since Ricky Watters went down.  While it is hard to ignore SA's level of productivity, I do think he is more of a product of Seattle's O-line.  I can't remember seeing SA do much in the way of creating space for himself, juking other players, etc.  The Seattle O-line simply makes hugh holes...and SA takes advantage.  Which, of course, is what he is supposed to do.  I do sincerely think if he goes to another team with a sub-par O-line...SA's inability to create space or put his head down and gain extra yards will come to the forefront.

1338404[/snapback]

+2