[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anti-American flag-wavers

wiegie

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leave the cities in the north and look for all black towns, you won't find it friend. then drive through Alabama, Mississippi or Georgia.

How is my point now?

1399610[/snapback]

If im reading this right are you saying there are no all black towns in the north ?

If im reading this right are you saying there are no all black towns in the north ?

1399622[/snapback]

It is not like the South, anyone who tries to argue differently is just looking to argue.

The blacks stayed in the south after the civil war. I mean sure some left, and they were probably in horrible situations. but since most stayed and built homes and their families still live here..it must have not been to bad for them back then. I mean I come from Detroit, and I promis you, the whites there are much more prejudice than the whites here in Tenne.

Edited by Doc Holliday

The blacks stayed in the south after the civil war. I mean sure some left, and they were probvably in horrible situations. but since most stayed and built homes and their families still live here..it must have not been to bad for them back then. I mean I come from Detroit, and I promis you, the whites there are much more prejudice than the whites here in Tenne.

1399624[/snapback]

Since you've decided I'm unduly confrontational, I'll play that role for you:

Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

They stayed in the South because they liked the way they were treated there - is that your point?

I am not going to tell you.

I am going to make you read it in the posts. when you find it let me  know.

Until then I will be sitting here laughing at you.

1399623[/snapback]

That's pretty arrogant and dumb at the same time. Reminds me of president Barney Fife.

Mexico has published books on how to break into our country and many government officials there think our borders are not borders at all. I wonder if our corporations paid for their printing. After all many of their only allegiences are to money and power.

This may go back to where we started a war and took Texas, NM, Arizona and much of California from them. It seems many think we are the squatters.

I am completely disgusted that there are people here in our country who would fly another country’s flag in obvious attempt at disrespecting America and what it stands for.  Yes, I realize that your heritage is important to you, but this is America, so respect America.  Yes, I realize that if a war had gone differently more than a hundred years ago that perhaps your flag would be the official one for the area you live in, but guess what, you lost!  Get over it and learn to love America or get the hell out!

A perfect example of what I am talking about.  It’s sickening.

1399211[/snapback]

:D:D:D:D

Since you've decided I'm unduly confrontational, I'll play that role for you:

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? 

They stayed in the South because they liked the way they were treated there - is that your point?

1399629[/snapback]

I am saying the way they were treated was not as bad as some people make it seem. nothing more, nothing less.

I mean slavery sucked, was ignorant and I am glad the north won the war despite now living in the south.but that war was to keep the united states together and in no way shape or form was the North going to lose those southern ports.

That's pretty arrogant and dumb at the same time. Reminds me of president Barney Fife.

Mexico has published books on how to break into our country and many government officials there think our borders are not borders at all. I wonder if our corporations paid for their printing. After all many of their only allegiences are to money and power.

This may go back to where we started a war and took Texas, NM, Arizona and much of California from them. It seems many think we are the squatters.

1399631[/snapback]

huh ?

:D

I am saying the way they were treated was not as bad as some people make it seem. nothing more, nothing less.

I mean slavery sucked, was ignorant and I am glad the north won the war despite now living in the south.but  that war was to keep the united states together and in no way shape or form was the North going to lose those southern ports.

1399634[/snapback]

Of course the North fought the war to keep the union together. Again - no one is saying Lincoln fought the war to help out the slaves. No one has said that whites in the North during the 19th century treated the free black people well or as equals. But I think you're "they couldn't have had it that bad, 'cause they wouldn't have stayed there once they were freed" argument is pretty simplistic.

Of course the North fought the war to keep the union together.  Again - no one is saying Lincoln fought the war to help out the slaves.  No one has said that whites in the North during the 19th century treated the free black people well or as equals.  But I think you're "they couldn't have had it that bad, 'cause they wouldn't have stayed there once they were freed" argument is pretty simplistic.

1399641[/snapback]

My points have been on specific things that I quoted before saying, read what I quoted and then read my response.

I don't know what other arguements have went on here, I just seen 1 thing that was wrong and commented on it, and now we are here at this point.

Are you a democrat? if so please list. if so I will know better than to carry this debate on any more with you. I don't feel like watching you zig than zag

It amazes me how little the Yankees know about the realities of the Civil War. I live right in the middle of the Battle of Cold Harbor and would be happy to take you on our Civil War Trails and teach you the truth any day any time.

Edit: :confederateflag: :D

Edited by TimC

I am completely disgusted that there are people here in our country who would fly another country’s flag in obvious attempt at disrespecting America and what it stands for.  Yes, I realize that your heritage is important to you, but this is America, so respect America.  Yes, I realize that if a war had gone differently more than a hundred years ago that perhaps your flag would be the official one for the area you live in, but guess what, you lost!  Get over it and learn to love America or get the hell out!

1399211[/snapback]

I read this without looking at the link and assumed it was about the Mexican and Mexican-Americans waving their Mexican flags the past week or so, I should of kown better!

1399211[/snapback]

You guys wanted us to stay so much, you raped, pillaged and burned our cities. You :heart: us...admit it. We just wanted to leave yer crazy ideals (which continue to this day).

The blacks stayed in the south after the civil war. I mean sure some left, and they were probably in horrible situations. but since most stayed and built homes and their families still live here..it must have not been to bad for them back then.

1399624[/snapback]

Kinda like the Iraqis and Iraq methinks.

It amazes me how little the Yankees know about the realities of the Civil War.  I live right in the middle of the Battle of Cold Harbor and would be happy to take you on our Civil War Trails and teach you the truth any day any time.

1399649[/snapback]

I think alot of this has to do with the fact that most of the fighting happened in the South.

Franklin Tennessee has so much civil war history. I find it interesting.

My points have been on specific things that I quoted before saying, read what I quoted and then read my response.

1399647[/snapback]

Okay. I've read them. You said this:

I mean where did the blacks go after the war? they stayed in the south.

1399559[/snapback]

The blacks stayed in the south after the civil war. I mean sure some left, and they were probably in horrible situations. but since most stayed and built homes and their families still live here..it must have not been to bad for them back then. I mean I come from Detroit, and I promis you, the whites there are much more prejudice than the whites here in Tenne.

1399624[/snapback]

You are clearly sating that the freed slaves stayed in the South after the war because it must not have been that bad for them there.

I'm saying that your point is silly. There are plenty of reasons why the newly-freed blacks who owned no property, had no education, had no means to move their families North, and were promised their 40 acres and a mule stayed in the South that do not involve liking the way the whites there treated them.

Okay.  I've read them.  You said this:

You are clearly sating that the freed slaves stayed in the South after the war because it must not have been that bad for them there. 

I'm saying that your point is silly.  There are plenty of reasons why the newly-freed blacks who owned no property, had no education, had no means to move their families North, and were promised their 40 acres and a mule stayed in the South that do not involve liking the way the whites there treated them.

1399674[/snapback]

So you are saying the white people made them stay? I mean, this is really the only thing you can say to even defend what you are saying.

So you are saying the white people made them stay?  I mean, this is really the only thing you can say to even defend what you are saying.

1399683[/snapback]

No, I'm not saying the white people made them stay. Are you seriously saying that the only two choices are #1 they liked the way the Southern Man treated them, or #2 whitey forced them to stay? Seriously?

I think alot of this has to do with the fact that most of the fighting happened in the South.

Franklin Tennessee has so much civil war history. I find it interesting.

1399658[/snapback]

It's like listening to anti-war protesters or people who were against a war and have never visited Arlington National Cemetary and walked amongst the headstones or on the fields where the battles occurred. Those moments change you.

It's too easy to sit back and read some sterilized history books and draw your own conclusions...no matter how incorrect they may be. And then come on to mock those who have.