[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Western Movies

spain

"maybe Poker's not your game Ike.I know let's have a spelling contest!" :D

1422735[/snapback]

How about the list of Rejected Names for Brokeback Mountain?

HIGH NOONER

OKLAHOMO

THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN INCHES

JEREMIAH'S JOHNSON

POLESMOKE

BUTCH ASSIDY AND THE BUNDANCE KID

THE MAN WHO SHOT ALL OVER LIBERTY VALANCE

HOW THE WEST WAS HUNG

THE LEGEND OF THE LONG RANGER

DOC'S HOLIDAY WITH BILLY THE KID

VERY RAW HIDE

LONESOME DOUG

A FISTFUL OF NED

HI, PLAINS DRIFTER!

QUICKLY DOWN UNDER

BAREBACK MOUNTING

BONE-NANZA

DON'T MESS WITH TEX' ASS

HOME ON THE RANGER

ROOSTER COCKBURN

PRANCES WITH WOLVES

BALONEY PONY RODEO

TUBESTEAK COWBOYS

Westerns are probably my favorite genre. I too have watched every western that both Wayne and Eastwood have made. Jimmy Stewart actually made a pretty decent cowboy too. There was one with Jimmy Stewart and Dean Martin that was pretty good. I also liked the westerns based on Lamour books. I know two or three of them had Tom Seleck in them. I used to love watching Matt Dilllon, Bonanza, Rawhide and the Rifleman on Sunday mornings. We had a local station here that would run Western tv shows all morning on Sundays, and Western movies all afternoon on Sundays. At one time I had every line in Young Guns memorized. Oh, and who can forget Lonesome Dove. The only Western that has been on the big screen in the last 20 years that I haven't seen is Broken Back Mountain, and I don't plan on seeing it.

I do like Westerns and like most of you have done the Eastwood or Wayne thing once or twice. Many excellent ones mentioned. James Garner in Support Your Local Sherrif/Gunfighter were two campy amusing flicks that I enjoy.

Edited by Kid Cid

Heck, Straw Dogs - which I realize is set in Ireland, not "the West" but the themes remain the same.

1422419[/snapback]

i'm not sure you can call 'straw dogs' a western, even obliquely. "ride the high country" is definitely a western though, and a very good one from peckinpah.

I have the 200 minute extended version of Good, Bad, and Ugly. :D Very nice. That's a top 3 movie of all time.

A Fistful of Dollars is second. Outlaw Josey Wales 3rd. I'll accept no arguments. :D

Never cared for John Wayne's stuff very much, but I do like Jimmy Stewart.

• 1 year later...