[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is your personality type?

Savage Beatings

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ENTP.

Thomas Jefferson, Teddy Roosevelt, George Carlin and Rodney Dangerfield? 

That works for me.

1428430[/snapback]

Hard to argue with a lot of this about skins:

"Clever" is the word that perhaps describes ENTPs best. The professor who juggles half a dozen ideas for research papers and grant proposals in his mind while giving a highly entertaining lecture on an abstruse subject is a classic example of the type. So is the stand-up comedian whose lampoons are not only funny, but incisively accurate.

ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their often-impressive skills. They tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.

ENTPs are as innovative and ingenious at problem-solving as they are at verbal gymnastics; on occasion, however, they manage to outsmart themselves. This can take the form of getting found out at "sharp practice"--ENTPs have been known to cut corners without regard to the rules if it's expedient -- or simply in the collapse of an over-ambitious juggling act. Both at work and at home, ENTPs are very fond of "toys"--physical or intellectual, the more sophisticated the better. They tend to tire of these quickly, however, and move on to new ones.

ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this. However, they do tend to be extremely genial, if not charming, when not being harassed by life in general.

In terms of their relationships with others, ENTPs are capable of bonding very closely and, initially, suddenly, with their loved ones. Some appear to be deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest; others are so demonstrative that they succeed in shocking co-workers who've only seen their professional side. ENTPs are also good at acquiring friends who are as clever and entertaining as they are. Aside from those two areas, ENTPs tend to be oblivious of the rest of humanity, except as an audience -- good, bad, or potential.

TJ is also listed under my B/M type - INTJ. :D

Hard to argue with a lot of this about skins:

TJ is also listed under my B/M type - INTJ.  :D

1428798[/snapback]

No way. TJ was in the mix down with the sistahs. He was straight up E, G.

And I am trying to pay attention to the rest of hughmanity, but its hard. Its hard work. They're so stupid and all.

I was a strong INTP the last time I tested.

I think the value of these things is limited. Carl Jung feared the tests would be used to classify people into certain roles, rather than for the more limited potential use of indentifying temporal problem-solving strategies.

M-B makes rather broad generalizations that people can read as applying to themselves, given the a priori information that there are distinct personality "types," and it seems remarkably true. This works because, culturally speaking, our need for self-identification and socialization are greater than our need for truth.

Just like astrology, the ennegram and most religions. :D

I was a strong INTP the last time I tested.

I think the value of these things is limited. Carl Jung feared the tests would be used to classify people into certain roles, rather than for the more limited potential use of indentifying temporal problem-solving strategies.

M-B makes rather broad generalizations that people can read as applying to themselves, given the a priori information that there are distinct personality "types," and it seems remarkably true. This works because, culturally speaking, our need for self-identification and socialization are greater than our need for truth.

Just like astrology, the ennegram and most religions.  :D

1429007[/snapback]

that's a very typical INTP observation :D

Just like astrology, the ennegram and most religions.  :D

1429007[/snapback]

I totally agree.

Tarot cards, too. Read the tarot cards, and anyone will read something significant into it, even though it's all a bunch of hooey.

I totally agree.

Tarot cards, too.  Read the tarot cards, and anyone will read something significant into it, even though it's all a bunch of hooey.

1429460[/snapback]

This is better than tarrot cards. I can see some of me in the other categories, but my own category has me nailed down more accuratly. I'm nothing like the category opposite mine.

Some of you guys are missing the point of this test. The system is not trying to be right, it helps identify personality types and styles so others can communicate with you better based on this information.

I use the info for this purpose and it works great! :D It's really helped me manage my team more effectively and also helped me recognize individuals based on their needs making them feel more appreciated.

It works at home too. :D

Some of you guys are missing the point of this test.  The system is not trying to be right, it helps identify personality types and styles so others can communicate with you better based on this information.

1429556[/snapback]

No no... you're missing the point. The point is to score as close to the "cool" type (ENTP) as possible, to avoid being mocked by others.

Not everyone can be good at it, but some of us are. :D

Some of you guys are missing the point of this test.  The system is not trying to be right, it helps identify personality types and styles so others can communicate with you better based on this information.

I use the info for this purpose and it works great!  :D  It's really helped me manage my team more effectively and also helped me recognize individuals based on their needs making them feel more appreciated. 

It works at home too.  :D

1429556[/snapback]

I agree completely. I took a training course at work that used the Wilson Learning Social Styles Series, which uses only two characteristics (how you communicate and what you value as an outcome for projects). I found it very useful, not for slotting people and labelling them, but for understanding what they needed to get out of a communication or project. It helped me understand that what I think I'm saying isn't always what is heard and interpreted, and it helped me communicate and work more productively with people who approach things from different perspectives.

It helped me understand that what I think I'm saying isn't always what is heard and interpreted, and it helped me communicate and work more productively with people who approach things from different perspectives.

1429734[/snapback]

Bingo.

Rather than "slotting" people, as a common critique laments, these types of tests help people understand themselves and others better.

These classifications can also help identify what kinds of work will keep people more satisfied. I've moved a couple of people around withing my work team with great results.

As a few have mentioned, it's funny how many of us migrated to occupations that suit our personality types.

• 3 years later...

I retook the QnA... this time a ENJF:

ENFJs are the benevolent 'pedagogues' of humanity. They have tremendous charisma by which many are drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. Many ENFJs have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship. But it's usually not meant as manipulation -- ENFJs generally believe in their dreams, and see themselves as helpers and enablers, which they usually are.

ENFJs are global learners. They see the big picture. The ENFJs focus is expansive. Some can juggle an amazing number of responsibilities or projects simultaneously. Many ENFJs have tremendous entrepreneurial ability.

ENFJs are, by definition, Js, with whom we associate organization and decisiveness. But they don't resemble the SJs or even the NTJs in organization of the environment nor occasional recalcitrance. ENFJs are organized in the arena of interpersonal affairs. Their offices may or may not be cluttered, but their conclusions (reached through feelings) about people and motives are drawn much more quickly and are more resilient than those of their NFP counterparts.

ENFJs know and appreciate people. Like most NFs, (and Feelers in general), they are apt to neglect themselves and their own needs for the needs of others. They have thinner psychological boundaries than most, and are at risk for being hurt or even abused by less sensitive people. ENFJs often take on more of the burdens of others than they can bear.

Funny, but this one seems right too.....