[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver/SF Swap Picks

Mr. Pennypacker

Totally spit-balling on this, but I just want to throw it out there to see what others are think about it.

Using the draft pick value chart the DEN #22 = 780 and it was exchaged for the SF #37 = 530 and the SF#68=250.

530+250=780 so that evened out nicely.

The 49ers now have the #6 and the #22

#6 = 1600 and #22 = 780

1600+780 = 2380 or just enough to get them the #3 and some change.

The #1 is worth 3000, does anyone think that the 49ers have A.) the balls and B.)the ammo to trade with Houston and move into the poll position?

Edited by wcd480

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally spit-balling on this, but I just want to throw it out there to see what others are think about it. 

Using the draft pick value chart the DEN #22 = 780 and it was exchaged for the SF #37 = 530 and the SF#68=250.

530+250=780 so that evened out nicely. 

The 49ers now have the #6 and the #22

#6 = 1600 and #22 = 780

1600+780 = 2380 or just enough to get them the #3 and some change.

The #1 is worth 3000, does anyone think that the 49ers have A.) the balls and B.)the ammo to trade with Houston and move into the poll position?

1427517[/snapback]

I doubt it.

The 49er's have sooo many holes to fill. They just gave up two picks to gain one and they would cost themselves even more picks to move up further.

1.15 is going to be WR Chad Jackson

A source told me about this rumored deal last night, and said basically this is Shanny showing faith in Bell to be the man next yr.  Rod Smith is aging and they must get a WR in there this yr who can be the #1 when Rod retires.  Clearly Lelie is not that WR.

1427429[/snapback]

I agree with this. shanny has never taken a rb in the 1st round and i don't see it happening this year. the need at wr substantially exceeds the need at rb at this point, figuring they're going to use some form of rbbc anyway.

I doubt it.

The 49er's have sooo many holes to fill. They just gave up two picks to gain one and they would cost themselves even more picks to move up further.

1427554[/snapback]

No way! The niner are so good!

:D

This is 1989 right?

My best guess scenario for Denver is:

1.15 Best available Defensive End or if they go offense, Lendale White (he won't last to round 2).

2.05 Probably their choice of the 2nd TE off the board.

2.29 Sent to Green Bay in some combination deal for Javon Walker.

My best guess scenario for San Francisco is:

1.06 TE Davis, now the pick would make more sense.

1.22 Best defensive back available or RB Williams as a longshot since Head Coach Nolan coached and raved about him at the Senior Bowl.

Personally, I'd bet the Broncos intitated the trade talk so they can deal for Javon Walker. I highly doubt it was the 9'ers looking to gather ammo to trade ito the top few picks.

I'm wondering if Ricky Williams wins his appeal, does Shanny trade for him with one of the later picks just acquired?

1427639[/snapback]

Keep thinking fantasy.

Ricky is still playing football because he has that lawsuit pointed at his head by the Dolphins. If he gets traded, the signing bonus is no longer a legal issue. No team would send a first day draft pick for a guy that is one toke away from a year suspension.

We all know that the Lions want a 3rd round pick for Harrington, could this be the reason they asked for SF's 3rd round pick? Harrington is supposed to be in Denver for a visit today I believe. :D

We all know that the Lions want a 3rd round pick for Harrington, could this be the reason they asked for SF's 3rd round pick?  Harrington is supposed to be in Denver for a visit today I believe. :D

1427710[/snapback]

nobody in their right mind would give a 3rd rounder for harrington

Mike Nolan is on Sirius NFL Network and said that there is a lot of depth on the defensive side in this years draft. They know they can get a decent DE and CB in the later rounds.

He also mentioned that they are looking for STARS in this years draft. This makes me think they are grabbing Vernon Davis at 1.06 and praying that Deangelo Williams is there at 1.22.

Talking about Alex Smith, mentioned that he was a rookie last year and was surrounded by young players who weren't top quality. Mentioned having a better TE in the conversation. HINT HINT?!?!

Said they will take the best available player available. DL, OL, TE, WR, doesn't matter, just won't be a QB.

Talking about Vernon Davis said he would project he will be a great player. Said he is excited about other players including Vernon at the 1.06 spot.

Mike Nolan is on Sirius NFL Network and said that there is a lot of depth on the defensive side in this years draft. They know they can get a decent DE and CB in the later rounds.

He also mentioned that they are looking for STARS in this years draft. This makes me think they are grabbing Vernon Davis at 1.06 and praying that Deangelo Williams is there at 1.22.

Talking about Alex Smith, mentioned that he was a rookie last year and was surrounded by young players who weren't top quality. Mentioned having a better TE in the conversation. HINT HINT?!?!

Said they will take the best available player available. DL, OL, TE, WR, doesn't matter, just won't be a QB.

Talking about Vernon Davis said he would project he will be a great player. Said he is excited about other players including Vernon at the 1.06 spot.

1427796[/snapback]

williams won't be there at 22. think they have more pressing needs anyway.

If this was a perfect world........Denver gives their late 2nd rd pick to Miami for Ricky Williams assuming he is cleared. Miami will give Denver conditional picks if Ricky starts smoking dope again and is suspended within the next year.

Edited by CaGamblers

Keep thinking fantasy.

Ricky is still playing football because he has that lawsuit pointed at his head by the Dolphins. If he gets traded, the signing bonus is no longer a legal issue. No team would send a first day draft pick for a guy that is one toke away from a year suspension.

1427659[/snapback]

Their 29th pick in the 3rd round maybe?

Remember Maurice Clarett?

It was just last year that Shanny blew a late 3rd rounder on a very questionable RB with no track record in the NFL.

It was just last year that Shanny blew a late 3rd rounder on a very questionable RB with no track record in the NFL.

1427866[/snapback]

chit, i'd be game if the suspension goes away. ricky didn't look too terrible last year.

chit, i'd be game if the suspension goes away.  ricky didn't look too terrible last year.

1427871[/snapback]

Uh, yeah, well I'd say 280 yards rushing in the last two games isn't anywhere near terrible. i knew what you meant though. :D

1427866[/snapback]

U got to let that go. Heck who says that after this draft that someone waste a high round pick on say BUSH. 1.1 and he end up being a bust. None of these players have a NFL track record. And they all questionable about something. Can they take 25 carries, too small, character issue, and so one....

There had been rumors here in Minny that they might try and package our #1 and a #2 and #3 to move up to SF's #6 to take AJ Hawk or Cutler.

I could see the 49'ers making the deal to get a 2nd and 3rd rounder back while still having two 1st rounders. :D

U got to let that go.  Heck who says that after this draft that someone waste a high round pick on say BUSH. 1.1 and he end up being a bust.  None of these players have a NFL track record.  And they all questionable about something.  Can they take 25 carries, too small, character issue, and so one....

1427911[/snapback]

You're taking what I said out of context loyalboyd.

The Clarett example was in direct response to Riffraff saying no one would trade a first day pick for Ricky Williams.

If Shanny was willing to spend a late 3rd rounder on Clarett, an unproven & very questionable RB, I'm willing to bet he would use a late 3rd rounder on a PROVEN & very questionable RB.

See what I mean?