[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here we go again

Hankk

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"don't mess with another man's wife" is just stupid advice.  Perhaps it's my frenchicity, but your concern is about yourself and about her, NOT about her husband.  So that should not be the impediment.

Shockingly however (since it involves human interaction) :D  Az nailed it: trying to relive a highschool crush and falling in love with the idea of who you people USED to be, and present yourselves to one another, is a god awful idea.  Which can be overcome, but you are obviously not ready for it since 1) you have fallen right into this off the bat, and 2) you mention her parents and how they used to like you which shows that you are living in the past

And this comes from someone who married his highschool girlfriend 15 years after they initiallly dated :D

1449279[/snapback]

I agree with the first part. I don't give a rat's ass about the guy.

But I'm not living in the past. My mention of the parents and whatnot were in response to a comment.

Are you ever really ready for something like this? How many times does this bolt out of the blue thing happen in your life - once? Twice?

Close... but a miss. I guess it depends on where you are in life. Once you pass 40 everyone is pretty F'd up. Love has jaded us all to some degree, but in this case the essence of youth can still win. It's all about trust, and the walking in to the old relationship where trust is immediately gained is the "weird" part.

I married my high-school sweetheart, and it lasted 11 great years. When it ended it sucked, and she's since turned into some sort of demonic figure, but those were good times, and she was a size 5 and had big tata's. The moral of the story is your 50th birthday to me. I don't want to wake up on that day and still be playing this game. She didn't end this... HankK did. She's still innocent, and unless you're a heartless mofo you must make sure the ducks are lined up before anything is acted upon. This includes flirtatious e-mail, because the game of chicken will keep escalating until it's showtime if you don't draw some lines in the sand. The last thing you should want is to wake up in the morning, look over at her, and regret it.

Good advice here. You don't want to be the reason her marriage ends. You can't act on this until the divorce is in motion. Not sure about you guys, but once the papers are filed it changes things. There is a gray area somewhere, and I think it's defined by her moving out and the papers are in motion. Accepting being the rebound is different when you've been there before. Expectation meets reality, but it really comes down to how hot she still is... I mean, how ready she is... yea... ready, for uh... nevermind.

1449376[/snapback]

I'm 39. This isn't some schoolboy crush. And this wouldn't be a rebound relationship, which I would avoid like the plague . . . .

Wait a minute. I'm talking to Thews about relationships. :D:D

well, umm....there's that stuff, and also the fact that i like, you know, chicks.

1449377[/snapback]

What?   :D

1449382[/snapback]

Wait just a fu*cking second!!! :D

1449401[/snapback]

No worries Dave.  He still likes you best.  :D

1449407[/snapback]

:D

1449581[/snapback]

That whole house, girlfriend, dog thread didn't fool some people, it appears.

Edited by Hankk

When someone comes out of a divorce, the last thing they need to do is get immediately into another relationship.  If she leaves her husband, she needs at least a year of being on her own to get her head together and be ready for another man.  The timing here is just horrific.  So, Hankk needs to just go away.  Dont look back.

1449607[/snapback]

Some of the best words I've ever heard from Spain. He's right on here. It doesn't mean that they need to be a nun, but if that person wants to get into a healthy relationship he/she needs time to rediscover themselves before bringing another into the relationship. Often times that other person is really just a crutch.

I'm 39.  This isn't some schoolboy crush.  And this wouldn't be a rebound relationship, which I would avoid like the plague . . . .

Wait a minute.  I'm talking to Thews about relationships.  :D  :D

1449866[/snapback]

What about for her? Things can look a lot different when in a bad relationship. You just don't know exactly what is going on in her head.

BTW Spain I think you made a typo so I fixed it for you.  :D

I agree 110% with this Spainy-pooh.  I kid above but seriously I'm right there with you, some dude sticking his no no in her willy woo, i'd see red.  I'd go ape shiiiiit and would hunt down the dude who "knew" she was married.  It's one thing to ram a bird that's married if you didn't know she was but a whole other ball of wax to smash some man skirt and you knew she was hitched.

Trust me, Rock salt hurts and you'd be luck to get an a$$ full of that.

1449419[/snapback]

The guy doesn't concern me in the least.

If he wants to exchange some rock salt for a couple of 230 gr. Hydrashoks, his problems may be over.

I'm 39.  This isn't some schoolboy crush.  And this wouldn't be a rebound relationship, which I would avoid like the plague . . . .

Wait a minute.  I'm talking to Thews about relationships.  :D  :D

1449866[/snapback]

um...it is a schoolboy crush, it would be a rebound relationship (for her), and if you have the lifeline of e-mail, it's prolly gonna happen... someday. If she was divorced, how could you possibly pass this up? As far as respecting the other guy, you don't have to respect him, just the marriage. If he's that bad she'll leave. If he's not, she'll stay and you won't be "that guy"... you don't wanna be that guy.

Whatever happened to old fashioned relationships? Ya know, just grabbing a Barnaby Jones in the front seat and not worrying about whether she was married or not? You kids today and yer rules.

I say go for it, dude! You guys can work on finally solving the Rubik’s cube. She can throw on some leg warmers and you can throw on a pair of acid wash jeans and you guys can go see INXS. I hear that they are touring again.

(Insert reality check here)

You hook up with this chick and 5 years from now you’ll be the “douchebag” in her eyes. At the next 25 or 30 year class reunion that comes around Peggy Sue will be making eyes at Brad, the old captain of the football team.

a. forget this chick

b. buy a sports car

c. bag a younger babe

One of the most annoying things in the world is folk who ask for somebody's opinion only to hold out for the answer that validates the decision they already made

My daughter does this crap every morning... should I wear this one or this one dad? I give her my answer and she says - but I like this (the other) one.

If you have made your decision, then why they heck did you ask?

Last night I dreamt that I was a Power Ranger.  :D

Does that help?

1449171[/snapback]

:D no but its funny... and thats haha funny not funny funny

One of my partners started screwing one of the secretaries.  As far as I can tell, it killed both of their marriages, and neither of them appear to be really happy at this point.  Don't go there Hankk. :D

1449297[/snapback]

u mean the cows are getting married???? dam the republitardds are slipping

um...it is a schoolboy crush, it would be a rebound relationship (for her), and if you have the lifeline of e-mail, it's prolly gonna happen... someday. If she was divorced, how could you possibly pass this up? As far as respecting the other guy, you don't have to respect him, just the marriage. If he's that bad she'll leave. If he's not, she'll stay and you won't be "that guy"... you don't wanna be that guy.

1449972[/snapback]

I think many of us have known people who have stayed in bad relationships even when that person knows it's bad. It just doesn't always work that way.

I think many of us have known people who have stayed in bad relationships even when that person knows it's bad.  It just doesn't always work that way.

1450568[/snapback]

I understand, and if someone stays because of the kids or any other reason to try and work it out, it lives or dies on its own. You just don't want to be the reason it lives or dies.

...and sorry folks, learn to read between the lines here, Hankk may not have delivered the payload yet, but he has already crossed into the danger zone or the point of no return. He posted for reinforcement not to be told not to.....am I close Hankk???

I am sure that it would be some of the best gutz to plow but it won't be after yer 10 minute bashfest is over. You'll feel like chit and be pissed off at yerself. Unless yer H8 and then you wouldn't give a fek and you knocked some dude's wife's spleen out her nose. I think yer a little more sensitive than that...so let things happen on their own. Just don't break a commandment.

Edited by SuperBalla