[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Metal for Today

Bonehand

I for one am using today's vaguely sinister date as an excuse to bust out the devil music! (like I need an excuse...)

Today's playlist includes:

Black Sabbath: Black Sabbath & Paranoid

AC/DC: Highway to Hell

Iron Maiden: Number of the Beast

Judas Priest: Screaming for Vengeance

Merciful Fate: Melissa

Slayer: Reign In Blood

The Entombed: To Ride, Shoot Straigt, & Speak the truth

Supersuckers: La Mano Cornuda

For those about to rock, I salute you!

:D:D:D:D

Edited by Bonehand

I for one am using today's vaguely sinister date as an excuse to bust out the devil music! (like I need an excuse...)

Today's playlist includes:

Black Sabbath: Black Sabbath & Paranoid

AC/DC: Highway to Hell

Iron Maiden: Number of the Beast

Judas Priest: Screaming for Gay Love

Merciful Fate: Melissa

Slayer: Reign In Blood

The Entombed: To Ride, Shoot Straigt, & Speak the truth

Supersuckers: La Mano Cornuda

For those about to rock, I salute you!

:D:D:D:D

Fixed

Be sure to include some Rolling Stones (Paint It Black, Sympathy For The Devil, and so on...)

Good call! Additionally, a little Robert Johnson, the original sold-his-soul-to-the-devil-at-the-crossroads bluesman, will be the perfect dinner music to cap the day off.

Edited by Bonehand

I guess Charlie Daniels' hit from the 80s is really about the defeat of the devil, but I'd sneak it in there somewhere. I still like that tune, even after hearing it a couple thousand times.

Edited by Easy n Dirty

Fixed

:D Like a few of my friends you play/played emo rock, in most cases that makes you more satanic and evil than the devil himself. I'd rather watch a glam rock cover band than a few talented midwestern college kids who think they are the next REM play some sensitive tunes that diametrically opposes rock and everything it symbolizes....but thats just me.

Emo has it's place....it's just not in emo.

Just discovered a Swedish metal outfit called Opeth. Bought one disc (Ghost Reveries) after hearing a song on an internet metal station. It grabbed me so thoroughly, I bought 6 more on Amazon. I've never liked "Death Metal", with the growling vocals and hammering guitar, but these guys do very little of that. Most songs are 10 minutes or so and have multiple transitions. The music covers everything from acoustic guitar and harmony to acid rock to blues to metal. Their instrumental talent is awesome and the overall effect is pretty stunning. Give it a try. Anyone else with any Opeth reviews?

:D Like a few of my friends you play/played emo rock, in most cases that makes you more satanic and evil than the devil himself. I'd rather watch a glam rock cover band than a few talented midwestern college kids who think they are the next REM play some sensitive tunes that diametrically opposes rock and everything it symbolizes....but thats just me.

Emo has it's place....it's just not in emo.

I think we are thinking of two different emo's...The stuff I listen too isn't the Dashboard Confessional garbage on the radio

Dang Man How could you leave out White Zombie and Alice Cooper?

Alice Cooper is about the furthest thing you can find from a Satanist, for one.

Anybody else check out Strummin' With the Devil: The Southern Side of Van Halen yet? I like it.

You can sample it here:

http://www.cmhrecords.com/web/page.asp?pgs...catid=1&id=1017

Dave sang on some of their songs and they backed Dave up on Leno the other night doing their Bluegrass version of "Jump".

It was a train wreck and sad to see.

What happened Dave?

Edited by 'canes2004

• 9 months later...

Not really "evil" but Celtic Frost's Monotheist finally came out, and I have to say it's bludgeoningly heavy. Me likey. :D

....and exactly 10 months later I get to see Celtic Frost open for Type O Negative in about 45 minutes. I am stoked. :D