[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am Running so Good that I...

spain

My luck is running so good right now that I just bought a $100 raffle ticket to win a $500k house! The C-note is fully tax deductable and benefits St Judes Childrens Hospital. They limit the ticket sales to 12,500. The house is located in the town that I live in, Franklin, Tennessee. Below are the details if you are interested in buying a ticket:

http://www.southernland.com/News/tabid/104...and-mortar.aspx

St. Jude home a dream in bricks and mortar

Visit $500,000 Franklin house for ideas and inspiration, then try to win it in hospital's raffle

By KAREN-LEE RYAN

Staff Writer

If you could give $100 to a good cause in exchange for possibly winning a half-million-

dollar home, wouldn't you take a chance?

Get out your checkbook. Southern Land Co. and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital are teaming up again for the St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway, the second in two years. They're raffling a new, $500,000 brick Tudor in Franklin's Westhaven community, where one new home sold every day in the first three months of the year. Only 12,500 tickets will be sold, and at $100 apiece, they will raise more than $1 million to help cure childhood cancer.

Last year, Julie and Michael Harrison of Mt. Juliet bought one ticket that they couldn't afford and ended up with the grand prize.

"It was the best experience of our entire lives," Julie says. "We owed $80,000 on a double-wide and had no retirement funds." They decided to stay in their Mt. Juliet home and sold their prize to prevent going further into debt, she explains. With the help of free investment counseling from local financial guru Dave Ramsey, she says, they're now debt-free and on course for financial freedom in retirement.

"God gave us an opportunity: The house became our future and our children's future," says Julie, who's already bought a ticket for this year's raffle and encourages others to do the same. She and Michael have two young children, and she says they will give to St. Jude "forever and ever."

This year's 3,000-square-foot Dream Home is nearing completion thanks to dozens of contractors and suppliers who've contributed their time and materials for the past several months.

"We all have kids," says Joe Ehrhart, owner of Ehrhart Concrete, which has donated 10-20 hours a week for the past five months. He says he and other contractors who've worked on the houseare "very fortunate" not to have a child with cancer or other catastrophic diseases. "When we think about it in those terms," he says, "we're happy to donate."

Everything from bricks and landscaping materials to appliances and floor coverings have been generously provided to make this 3-bedroom, 21/2-bath dream a reality.

"The St. Jude house gives us a great opportunity to use materials not typically in a standard builder package," says Betty Potts of The L&L Co., who has led the installation and finishing of tile, floors, walls and carpet at the home. Because so many people tour the house before the winner is drawn June 25, she says, "We try to showcase new products."

In the kitchen, for example, what looks like a tumbled marble backsplash above all the counters is actually porcelain, which is more durable and stain-resistant. In the laundry room, elongated floor tiles were laid to look like bricks to give the room more personality, Potts says.

The home's designers are also conscious of using "finishes that people are requesting right now," says Carrie Maechler, an interior designer for the home building division of Southern Land Co. That's why the Dream Home kitchen is outfitted with painted and glazed "vanilla bean" cabinetry, stainless GE appliances, tropical brown granite countertops and an oil-rubbed bronze faucet from Kohler. The hardwood floors sport a dark Jacobean finish, slate edges the gas fireplace and surround sound fills the oversized bonus room that sits atop the garage.

The house also has an open layout with the master bedroom and laundry on the first floor; the upstairs children's bedrooms are divided by a shared Jack-and-Jill bathroom. "People like an open feeling in homes," Maechler says.

This new home isn't the only treasure in the St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway; one in 500 tickets will be a winner. Second prize is a custom-made chopper motorcycle valued at $80,000, and other items in the drawing include furniture, gift certificates, appliances and more.

"We're contributing to the 'wow' factor," says Tim Bolin, general manager of 357 Customs, which recently relocated to Williamson County from Orlando, Fla. He says the company generally builds bikes for celebrities, including Tim McGraw, Montgomery Gentry and Toby Keith, so the special edition St. Jude chopper is a unique prize. "It's nothing anyone can buy."

Like so many others involved in this project, he says, "We're very excited about being part of this and giving back to the community." •

Go to Full article for more information and picures...

Visit stjudewesthaven.com

I'm glad you're buying beers next month in Chicago. :D

You got it Gil! Hey, and the drawing for this house is June 25th so I will know by the time I get up there if my 1 in 12,500 shot came in! :D

For those of you who dont know, St Judes is a childrens hospital in Memphis. They do some incredible things there. They will never turn down needy children. Lots of kids with cancer and other terminal illnesses. This is a good, tax deductable, cause and you just might when a house.

Very good charity - I am going to buy 2 tickets if I can paypal em! Wanna rent the house from me if I win it?

Thanks for posting.

edit: :D

Oops! There has been an error.

Please read the error message(s) below, correct the problem and resubmit the form.

Your zip code is invalid for this Dream Home.

Guess you have to live there to contribute.

Very good charity - I am going to buy 2 tickets if I can paypal em! Wanna rent the house from me if I win it?

Thanks for posting.

edit: :D

Guess you have to live there to contribute.

I didnt realize that. Try the other link. If you want me to go over there and buy you tickets, just shoot me a pm. I will be glad to do so for anyone here.

My luck is running so good right now that I just bought a $100 raffle ticket to win a $500k house! The C-note is fully tax deductable and benefits St Judes Childrens Hospital.

It won't be tax-deductible if you get the house. Course, I'm sure you could find some way in your heart to cope with that result.

Edited by yo mama

It won't be tax-deductible if you get the house. Course, I'm sure you could find some way in your heart to cope with that result.

If I win it, I am going to sell it, pay the taxes on it, then split the money 50/50. I am going to keep 50% and then I am going to give 50% to St Judes! And that will be tax deductable. :D

You got it Gil! Hey, and the drawing for this house is June 25th so I will know by the time I get up there if my 1 in 12,500 shot came in! :D

For those of you who dont know, St Judes is a childrens hospital in Memphis. They do some incredible things there. They will never turn down needy children. Lots of kids with cancer and other terminal illnesses. This is a good, tax deductable, cause and you just might when a house.

:D ...........Spain giving to a Catholic charity??? :D

Next thing is he'll contribute to this...............

Lincoln........

Those Cicero boys dont drink scotch! Well, not unless they move out to the suburbs and get all soft! :D

:D Cicero boys drink whatever they want. And we can force a drink on anyone we want. We are mean, not so lean, kick-ass machines! :D

Here is the site dedicated to the cause:

http://www.stjudewesthaven.com/

Awesome - good luck spain.

My company is working with St. Jude's in Memphis. Apparently they have a crapload of land around their hugh facility that they want to develop. Unfortunately, I am not on the team that's working on this (yet). I would LOVE to get back to Memphis (been there twice).

This is one of the few Catholic charities I would personal give to. It is a great cause, trust me on this one guys...

Seriously............St. Judes is an excellent charity. I have given them $$ many times. I loved Danny Thomas and that was his main charity.

St. Judes.........

Last year, Julie and Michael Harrison of Mt. Juliet bought one ticket that they couldn't afford and ended up with the grand prize.

"It was the best experience of our entire lives," Julie says. "We owed $80,000 on a double-wide and had no retirement funds." They decided to stay in their Mt. Juliet home and sold their prize to prevent going further into debt, she explains. With the help of free investment counseling from local financial guru Dave Ramsey, she says, they're now debt-free and on course for financial freedom in retirement.

Even though this is a fantastic idea with a wonderful cause, I can't help but smile when lucky people move from their double-wide into Spain's neighborhood. Last year he dodged that bullet, but he may not be so lucky this year.

Even though this is a fantastic idea with a wonderful cause, I can't help but smile when lucky people move from their double-wide into Spain's neighborhood. Last year he dodged that bullet, but he may not be so lucky this year.

:D:D

Well we’re movin on up, to the east side.

To a deluxe apartment in the sky.

Movin on up to the east side.

We finally got a piece of the pie.

Fish don’t fry in the kitchen;

Beans don’t burn on the grill.

Took a whole lotta tryin’ just to get up that hill.

Now we’re up in the big leagues

Gettin’ our turn at bat.

As long as we live, it’s you and me baby

There ain’t nothin wrong with that.

Well we’re movin on up, to the East Side.

Well we’re movin on up, to the east side.

Fish don’t fry in the kitchen;

Beans don’t burn on the grill.

Took a whole lotta tryin’ just to get up that hill.

Now we’re up in the big leagues

Gettin’ our turn at bat.

As long as we live, it’s you and me baby

There ain’t nothin wrong with that.

Well we’re movin on up, to the East Side.

Uh, please! When the "George's and Weesie's" move in, thats when I move out... :D

Chuck and I are contemplating splitting a ticket. How'd you like two Detroiters in posh Franklin, TN.

Actually, how cold does it get there on the average winter day. My wife would move in a minute to a warmer climate :D

Chuck and I are contemplating splitting a ticket. How'd you like two Detroiters in posh Franklin, TN.

Actually, how cold does it get there on the average winter day. My wife would move in a minute to a warmer climate :D

Sorry dude, we have reached our quota on Michiganders! :D Actually, the weather is great here. It snows maybe once or twice a year, couple inches max. Although we havent gotten anything but flurries the past few years. You would be shocked at the number of Michigan expatriates here for the auto industry. There are more RedWings spamshirts at a home Predators game than their are for nashville... :D