[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm on the verge on mono....

Goopster24

So the last couple of days I have been feeling quite weak and all. I have had a very bad throat, a fever, stomach and breathing issues, coughing a lot, and headaches. I have a very hard time sleeping last night and decided to see the doctor today. He tested for strep; negative. Mono; negative. However, he did say that my platelet count is significantly low and that usually means you are "on the verge of mono." He said I need to come in early next week to check again for mono and make sure the platelet count is ok. Am I gonna get mono no matter what or can I do something to fight it right now?

Edited by Goopster24

Get a lot of sleep. Consider your current life style. If your not eating well, not getting good rest start reversing that.

Link.....

A very good friend of mine in college was run down, partying too much, yada-yada. He got TB!!! :D That was ~35 years ago and he still takes meds for it!

Not trying to scare you, just givin' facts/experience!

Keep in close touch w/ your Doc!!!! Do what he says!!!

Get a lot of sleep. Consider your current life style. If your not eating well, not getting good rest start reversing that.

Link.....

Good info here. :D

If you went to the doctor already, why didn't you ask him rather than a few numbskulls on a fantasy football message board? :D No offense to the numbskulls.

I'm sure just for some extra info, some of OUR life experiences, etc. I see no problem w/ that. There are NEVER enough sources/resources when one is sick, under stress, needs an opinion for a personal problem or computer problem or any problem. Hell, w/o that there would be no reason for the tailgate! :D:D

Good info here. :D

TY....Doc! :D

Mono sucks, I had it in college. If you do develop it then I recommend getting plenty of rest. Actually, mono will MAKE you get plenty of rest. I remember that it use to take me 15 mins to walk up 2 flights of steps because I was so damn tired. The fatigue will last for about a month or two and I know it took a good 3 or 4 months before I felt 100%.

If you went to the doctor already, why didn't you ask him rather than a few numbskulls on a fantasy football message board? :D No offense to the numbskulls.

As a numbskull who had mono in college, it sucks!

Get lots of sleep and drink lots of water. In that order!

On the plus side, you will get to watch a lot of Price is Right for the 1-2 hours per day you are awake.

As a numbskull who had mono in college, it sucks!

Get lots of sleep and drink lots of water. In that order!

On the plus side, you will get to watch a lot of Price is Right for the 1-2 hours per day you are awake.

good info here

So does that mean that you are not going to NY to see the Yanks and Braves?

Haha, thanks for the concern. I no doubt still plan on going to New York to see the Yankees-Braves game and the NBA draft; I technically don't have mono yet but it's not looking good....

I'm gonna suck this one up :D.

That's probably how you got mono in the first place! Stop "sucking" on infecting thingies!

:D

:D

That's funny. If you get mono, you won't be sucking anything up. I got it right around Mardi Gras and tried to tough it out. I lasted 3 mins. Trust me, the tough guy attitude will not work with mono. Take your fatigue right now and multiple it by 100. That's mono.

• 3 weeks later...

Link.....

A very good friend of mine in college was run down, partying too much, yada-yada. He got TB!!! :D That was ~35 years ago and he still takes meds for it!

Not trying to scare you, just givin' facts/experience!

I didn't even know they had college back when you were in college...