[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Coincidence?

Pope Flick

No, its that stoopid people vote republican, and a lot of stoopid people also just happen to be poor. :D

:D:D

Well, I guess it says that the Republican Party is the party of the middle class and the working poor. The Democrats are the party of the welfare leeches....

Well, I guess it says that the Republican Party is the party of the middle class and the working poor. The Democrats are the party of the welfare leeches....

No, its just that the current republican sith lords' mind tricks work rather well on the working poor.

:raspyvadar: "these are not the estate tax cuts you are looking for." :raspyvadar:

Edited by yo mama

Kansas has a lower minimum wage than the federal minimum wage ...

:D

God my home state is stupid ...

It probably had to do with farm wages. You could earn less than minimum wage in CT on a farm too, if you so desired.

I wonder how those minimum wage rates correspond to the cost of living in those states?

How many people here have ever made minimum wage? I haven't - even as an under age worker in high school.

Granted, I don't live in an inner-city where there is tons of competition for low-paying jobs. I just don't see minimum wage jobs in my neck of the woods. McDonald's and Burger King start workers at over $7/hr. College campuses are flooded with job offers for $8-11 for summer jobs.

I hire people to do warehouse work, no experience required, for $12/hr to start.

I'm curious - does anyone here personally know of an able-bodied person working full-time for minimum wage? :D

I'm curious - does anyone here personally know of an able-bodied person working full-time for minimum wage?

Junior year of high school til graduation I worked at an oil change shop for $6.50 which was minimum wage at the time. That was in Oregon about 5-6 years ago.

Junior year of high school til graduation I worked at an oil change shop for $6.50 which was minimum wage at the time. That was in Oregon about 5-6 years ago.

That's a fair chunk over the Fed minimum - is it still the same in Oregon?

I'm curious - does anyone here personally know of an able-bodied person working full-time for minimum wage? :D

I normally ask my intro econ classes how many of them have jobs, then I ask how many people are working for minimum wage. Usually it is about 3% of students who are working for minimum wage.

I worked for minimum wage for about a month when I first started at McDonald's when I was 16.

That's a fair chunk over the Fed minimum - is it still the same in Oregon?

I don't know. I moved out of that s**t hole :D . I think at the time it was one of the highest in the nation. I am also not sure but I believe Washington (my new home) was 6.95 at the time.

I normally ask my intro econ classes how many of them have jobs, then I ask how many people are working for minimum wage. Usually it is about 3% of students who are working for minimum wage.

I worked for minimum wage for about a month when I first started at McDonald's when I was 16.

3% of the students, or 3% of those with jobs? Either way, that's interesting - thanks.

If you stayed at Micky D's, did you get a raise after a probationary period & if so to what?

Unemployment is pretty low here, so I wonder if that inflates the wages a bit?

Where did the framers insert in the Constitution the part about the government negotiating salaries between employers and the employed?

I missed that part...

It was debated at the same time they adopted the law that witholds federal funding for roads if you don't have seatbelt laws.

You can read about it here.

Where did the framers insert in the Constitution the part about the government negotiating salaries between employers and the employed?

I missed that part...

The federal gobment makes legislation in all matters no matter whether they have jurisdiction or not. The simply use, or I should say, mis-use the Commerce Clause to run rough shod over states rights. Clearly, they have no right to legislate these local matters and yet, they do so anyway. The 10th ammendment has been completely abrogated by this all powerful federal gobment.