[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

it's here

Down Goes Frazia

for a suggested retail price of 5 grand do you get free pron?

it was out the door for just over 3K.... kick ass deal.

included the stand, (2) HDMI cables, a set of component cables, 3 year warrant for another bulb & pick up and removal of my old 400 lb. projection. :D

now i just gotta figure the best way to wire the thing..... there's about 20 different wiring options between my sound system & the new HD cable box... not to mention the back of the TV looks like a mixer board. :D:D

wow...when I saw it was a JVC, I said..meh...

:D ..... it's pretty highly rated in everyone publication I looked at. :D Now, I'm not for a minute, gonna sit here & claim to know alot about all this stuff, although over the past month I've learned alot more..... but this new HD-ILA technology is f'n sweet. :D

HD-ILA overview for you geeks. :D

pretty interesting stuff. this thing is alsso quite a bit thinner than the DLP, LCD models the same size.... certainly not like a plasma but much closer.

:D

Go to avsforums or hometheaterspot and do a search on ISF calibration...

You can get started with a DVD like Avia Guide to Home Theater or Digital Video Essentials, but it's worth it to have it done by a pro IMO.

Go to avsforums or hometheaterspot and do a search on ISF calibration...

You can get started with a DVD like Avia Guide to Home Theater or Digital Video Essentials, but it's worth it to have it done by a pro IMO.

Avis Guide is one of the best. It is better to get it done by a pro, but that DVD makes it easy. Takes less than 30 minutes.

Avis Guide is one of the best. It is better to get it done by a pro, but that DVD makes it easy. Takes less than 30 minutes.

That's the one I have as well, but you can't do greyscale with it. For that reason alone you need to have a pro do it.

:D ..... it's pretty highly rated in everyone publication I looked at. :D Now, I'm not for a minute, gonna sit here & claim to know alot about all this stuff, although over the past month I've learned alot more..... but this new HD-ILA technology is f'n sweet. :D

HD-ILA overview for you geeks. :D

pretty interesting stuff. this thing is alsso quite a bit thinner than the DLP, LCD models the same size.... certainly not like a plasma but much closer.

HD-ILA is harder to manufacture than the other types...and I've noticed that JVC TV's tend to need repair more often than say a Sony or Samsung....

Panasonic and JVC are some of the top TV brands that have problems with this, but Panasonic makes great DVD players.....I like JVC alot....but their TV's are a hit/miss....

yet...your TV is a high end model and I think JVC has worked out the kinks by now before making their 1080p models.....

the TV you have is gold...so don't misinterpret what I am saying like your TV isn't that great....you made a wise decision.....no if and's or buts about it...

enjoy your HD experience....and if you're looking for an upconversion DVD player....check out 'Oppo'...I wouldn't recommend a HD-DVD or Blu-ray model yet as the 1st generations are crap....

That's the one I have as well, but you can't do greyscale with it. For that reason alone you need to have a pro do it.

OK...... so I need to call who for this ? Is this something that's included in the 1 year factory warranty from JVC or the 3 year extended plan thru the dealer ? :D

and WT--F am I calibrating ? the DVD player to the TV..... or the TV itself, or what ? :D

I needed to ask these questions when I bought the d*mn thing. :D:D

enjoy your HD experience....and if you're looking for an upconversion DVD player....check out 'Oppo'...I wouldn't recommend a HD-DVD or Blu-ray model yet as the 1st generations are crap....

thnx dude for the info & feedback. :D As for the upgrading of the DVD player..... that's gonna have to wait for a while. :D I went top end of my alotted budget here ( over a bit actually)..... and this was one month on the heels of Mrs. Frazia dropping 30K for a new jeep. :D

my electronic piggybank is empty for a year or two. :D

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

OK...... so I need to call who for this ? Is this something that's included in the 1 year factory warranty from JVC or the 3 year extended plan thru the dealer ? :D

and WT--F am I calibrating ? the DVD player to the TV..... or the TV itself, or what ? :D

I needed to ask these questions when I bought the d*mn thing. :D:D

this is someone i found in my area: Avical. there are some explanations about the services they provide, but it's $425 to calibrate.

from what i understand, the surround-sound system, dvd player, all that stuff figures into the calibration. the other option is to never see what a properly calibrated set looks like, and just subscribe to the "ignorance is bliss" philosophy.