[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Constitutional Amendment on Flag-Burning

wiegie

And, to the Bush Administration, the Constitution of the United States is little more than toilet stained from all the chit that this power-mad despots have dumped on the freedoms that "goddamned piece of paper" used to guarantee.

This is yer author...speaking his uh...rational reporting of Politics without Partisanship. :D

The same author used to dig up and post negative stuff about Clinton too...

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this whole thread, only Balla and the noob are defending this.

Balla, is there any bit of tripe from the GOP that you won't open wide and deepthroat without applying any critical thinking to?

Balla has no critical faculties. He is a deeply entrenched member of the flagwaving quadrant of the GOP (overlapped with the uneducated quadrant), beyond any hope of rational thought.

Balla doesnt agree with me and the far left so we must attack him personally. If you dont agree with every plank of the liberal platform then you are wrong and stupid. We will on the left will try to stifle any and all debate by attacking the intelligence of anyone that disagrees with us on the looney left.

fixed

Kool! So I can yell "Fire!" in a crowded theatre! Thanks! :D

I know you are intentionally being dense but.....

"the question in every case is whether the words used are in such circumstances and are of such a nature as to create a clear and present danger that they will bring about the substantive evils that Congress has a right to prevent."

Exactly. That is such a case where congress does have power to make laws that infringe freedom of speech.

A better example for me, however, would be the banning of certain gang signs/clothing/colors in LA. This is only offensive to some people, only a few people will see it, but it was able to be passed without much question.

Some opponents of the Flag Protection Amendment argue that we must choose between trampling on the flag and trampling on the First Amendment. I strongly disagree.

There is no idea or thought expressed by the burning of the American flag that cannot be expressed equally well in another manner. This Amendment would leave both the flag and free speech safe.

:D

You are a fool. And you clearly put form over substance in such a way that tramples upon the most basic and most fundamental liberties for which America was founded and is supposed to champion to this day. You sicken me and everyone else who truly does love this county, you simple-minded secret garden.

You are a fool. And you clearly put form over substance in such a way that tramples upon the most basic and most fundamental liberties for which America was founded and is supposed to champion to this day. You sicken me and everyone else who truly does love this county, you simple-minded secret garden.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/edito...POE=click-refer

back to your gf's crotch

Edited by dmarc117

Nothing intelligent to say, as usual. I didn't expect any more from you. This country is truly facing dark days, because of people like you. You'll be the ruination of America and everything it stands for. Hope you're proud.

Wave the flag again for us while you wipe your ass on the Constitution like the mindless simpleton you are.

Good boy!

Exactly. That is such a case where congress does have power to make laws that infringe freedom of speech.

Burning a flag in itself does not represent a "clear and present danger of substantive evil" as defined by the Supreme Court. Not even close.

A better example for me, however, would be the banning of certain gang signs/clothing/colors in LA. This is only offensive to some people, only a few people will see it, but it was able to be passed without much question.

Get me a link on this one, chief. The city outlawed gang signs, clothing, or colors?

Doubtful. :D

Ummm, so if you're correct Justice Suppasonic, that would mean that congress can just go ahead and pass a LAW and we wouldn't need a constitutional amendment would we? :D

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe