[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Constitutional Amendment on Flag-Burning

wiegie

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Republicans are dummies.

Excerpt:

The other countries that have banned flag burning include Cuba, China, Iran and Saddam Hussein’s Iraq.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I am all against amending the Constitution for this reason. If a person wants to burn the flag, I feel they have that right. Just don't do it around me or I will exercise my rights also and express my opinion about someone desecrating a flag I am proud to live under.

Mainly by putting the fire out by using your face as a smothering agent.

Edited by The Holy Roller

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I am all against amending the Constitution for this reason. If a person wants to burn the flag, I feel they have that right. Just don't do it around me or I will exercise my rights also and express my opinion about someone desecrating a flag I am proud to live under.

That, Mr. Roller, is not within your rights.

But I hear ya. :D

According to Robert Justin Goldstein a "a scholar on the flag and teacher of political science at Oakland University in Michigan" there were fewer tha 45 reported flag burnings during the period 1777-1989. (That's 212 years)

best link that I could quickly find

I'm sure that there are other figures out there.

If a person wants to burn the flag, I feel they have that right. Just don't do it around me or I will exercise my rights also and express my opinion about someone desecrating a flag I am proud to live under.

I guess you need to kick the President's asz then, cause he writes on US flags all the time. I will forward yer post to the Secret Service as it could be perceived as threatening.

Edited by skins

I guess you need to kick the President's asz then, cause he writes on US flags all the time. I will forward yer post to the Secret Service as it could be perceived as threatening.

I'd be proud to have an autographed flag from President Bush (if there is such a thing). In return I would give him my autographed Libertarian membership card, lol.

I'd be proud to have an autographed flag from President Bush (if there is such a thing). In return I would give him my autographed Libertarian membership card, lol.

Writing on the flag is considered desecration and you have just condoned it. I am now going to have to smother you.

:D:D:D:D That is two. We need an official count of how many of us card carryng Libertarians there are on the huddle. Big John, what is your best estimate of how many active posters there are? I want to see if we can identify at least 5% Libertarians.

Writing on the flag is considered desecration and you have just condoned it. I am now going to have to smother you.

Lol. As long as it's not with a burning American flag.

And I'm going to have to tell my mom you're threatening me.

:D:D:D:D That is two. We need an official count of how many of us card carryng Libertarians there are on the huddle. Big John, what is your best estimate of how many active posters there are? I want to see if we can identify at least 5% Libertarians.

I am against a consitutional ban on flag burning AND I am against "big gobment". You might want to go back and check your latest poll Mr. Clinton....

Just to be clear, I might have voted for a democrat 10 or 15 times in 27 years (just an estimate and I vote in maybe 95% of all elections). Also, to be clear, I voted for, donated to, worked for, was a delegate to district and state conventions for, chaired a countywide committee in Harris County, TX (larger population than 23 states, larger in area than 1 of them).; the republican party. I have put up with voting at republican conventions, where there were blocks of people their because of 1 issue, and 1 issue alone, they had no clue how to vote on anything, their leaders would hold up red or green signs to tell them to vote yes or no. I have had a voter come up to me at a polling place I was the election judge at, and tell me that he did not understand what all the fuss over abortion was, that they should let poor people and certain races have all the abortions they wanted. I put up with all of it, because of the economic issues and smaller government issues.

If in fact the republican party is the party for smaller government, please answer just one simple question? Why in the 6 years that the republicans have controlled the Whitehouse and Congress, has total public debt in this country gone up every single year. It is up 47%, an increase of $2.673 TRILLION ($2,673,000,000,000) <-- This is just the increase; the total right now is $8.346 Trillion. I bet we spend more money yearly on interest on the debt, then we do on the "war" on terror. Have not looked it up, but anyone care to take me up on the bet?

Spain, I have no problem with you supporting the republican party. You are involved, you vote (I assume) and you are part of the process. I am not going to call you names because you are a republican, and I am certainly not going to ridicule you. But please, do not talk about the republicans wanting smaller government. I lived that lie for 20 years.

http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opdpenny.htm

Edited by rbmcdonald

If in fact the republican party is the party for smaller government, please answer just one simple question? Why in the 6 years that the republicans have controlled the Whitehouse and Congress, has total public debt in this country gone up every single year. It is up 47%, an increase of $2.673 TRILLION ($2,673,000,000,000) <-- This is just the increase; the total right now is $8.346 Trillion. I bet we spend more money yearly on interest on the debt, then we do on the "war" on terror. Have not looked it up, but anyone care to take me up on the bet?

http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opdpenny.htm

The typical response is that the Republicans really want smaller government, however, they are a victim of the times and circumstances. With the war on terror and the need to spy on people, they need to increase government spending. They don't really want to, but they are doing it for the good of all of us. Don't question them, as they know what's best. Now, please return to your corner seat and put your head down like a good citizen. :D

Do other countries have fruitcakes out in the street burning their flags? Or is it just our looney left and other America haters who like to burn only the US flag?

When was the last time you saw someone burn a US flag here in the states? Seriously? Talk about a non-issue. You know, kind of like the "war on christmas". :D

When was the last time you saw someone burn a US flag here in the states? Seriously? Talk about a non-issue. You know, kind of like the "war on christmas". :D

Did you answer my question? No, you didnt.