[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brasil vs. France

darin3

Since DocSac is probably off at some "French bar"... :D I'll take the liberty of starting this match off with a thread of its own.

This is gonna be a great match. I don't like the showboating of Brasil nor do I like France much. But both sides are wildly talented.

2-1 Brasil....

Gonna fire up the BBQ for some King Salmon straight from Alaska (buddy just got back from vacationing there), burgers, cheddar-brats and various chips n' dips.

:D

an all-europe final four. man, a france-germany final would be huge.

No surprises there - the tournament is mostly won by teams on their own continent.

France were so much better than Brazil it was ridiculous. Zidane is still the best player in the world.

an all-europe final four. man, a france-germany final would be huge.

Gotta think that's how it's gonna play out.

No surprises there - the tournament is mostly won by teams on their own continent.

France were so much better than Brazil it was ridiculous. Zidane is still the best player in the world.

France certainly has Brazil's number. A team like France that can control the ball and then strike with a 1-2 punch like Zidane-Henry will beat a streaky team like Brazil. Zidane's incredible. He has such control of the ball, at any speed. And the tail end of that 1-2 punch, Henry, is simply amazing.

---

I'm obviously rooting for Germany, and am hoping they get by the suddenly hot Italians. France should get by Portugal, but that game is gonna be close.

This was the most exciting game of the tournament (thus far). Tremendous victory and outstanding play by the French team.

Say what you will about the nation as a whole, but Thierry Henry, Zinedine Zidane, and Fabien Barthez played some unbelievable soccer today.

that was one of the best sports games i have ever seen. :D

france owened brazil and exposed them for the flopping shirt pulling wussies they really are. :D

america and the nfl should look toward france for real sports, like the tour. :D

get it? :D

shocked at how much france dominated the midfield. It was like they were playing a third world soccer power in the midfield. But none the less terrified for the whole game as whenever brazil got close to the french goal everything and anything seemed possible. The brasilians are still the most creative and dangerous players out there, but when you give up that much of the midfield you just limit your chances too much to win a game, especially against a pretty solid defense.

France was a much better team today, and indeed Zidane still is the best player on this planet.

Watched the game at my sister's with a few friends. Big screen HDTV . Wow. there is a reason people get those things :D . Commentary was nowhere near as annoying as the first match

It's hard to explain how awesome this day feels.

There is no sporting event as awesome and emotional for countries and fans as the WC.

Best US comparison I can think of is the 1980 Miracle on Ice (I am talking about the stage, not comparing these two events) it's just that the US is seldom involved in true world events, except for sports that few other nations play, and even then, something like car racing has an international stage F1, that the US is not involved in.

Today is just huge for our country

shocked at how much france dominated the midfield. It was like they were playing a third world soccer power in the midfield. But none the less terrified for the whole game as whenever brazil got close to the french goal everything and anything seemed possible. The brasilians are still the most creative and dangerous players out there, but when you give up that much of the midfield you just limit your chances too much to win a game, especially against a pretty solid defense.

France was a much better team today, and indeed Zidane still is the best player on this planet.

Watched the game at my sister's with a few friends. Big screen HDTV . Wow. there is a reason people get those things :D . Commentary was nowhere near as annoying as the first match

There is no sporting event as awesome and emotional for countries and fans as the WC.

Best US comparison I can think of is the 1980 Miracle on Ice (I am talking about the stage, not comparing these two events) it's just that the US is seldom involved in true world events, except for sports that few other nations play, and even then, something like car racing has an international stage F1, that the US is not involved in.

Let's try this again. That'll teach me to do this after drinking too many brews. Are you still living in France?

I just wondered because most citizens of the USA call THIS our country. :D