[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rank the division

BigMikeinNY

In Gibbs' second year back cleaning up the Spurrier mess they made the second round of the playoffs. And this year the defense is better and the offense is upgraded at WR. Overpaid players? I think at this point, almost every other team is trying to emulate Snyder and Gibbs' ability to get vets to restructure and free agents to extend signing bonuses. Every year it gets done right.

If we undersachieved last year imagine what we could this year if we play to our potential.

I think the only real key additions the Skins made were Brandon Lloyd and Al Saunders....the rest may have been over-done....especially Randle El....

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Westy as fragile as JJ?....:D...actually...that's not even funny..

and I agree that Allen was big and slow...but I'm not sure they upgraded the position at all....let alone filled the void..

and I'm all about a bet....but I'd rather have a sig bet.....even if I did lose...I am to lazy to get a cheese steak and package it in dry ice lolol....plus you wouldn't enjoy it cold IMO...

of course...you'd have to win the bet :D

Oh I'll win the bet, and a sigline it is.... :D

You're right I don't live in Texas and I hate the Eagles. :D

What's your point?

I beleive his point is that you MIGHT be one of the thousands of front-running Cowboy fans that probably started liking the Cowboys when they were on top some decades ago, and now comes out of the woodwork when the team is on the rise. You strived for attention as a kid, so decided to like the team that everyone else on your block hated.

But that is just a guess....perhaps you just like rooting for criminals, malcontents and drug-addicts??? :D

PS:

1. Giants (10-6)

2. Cowboys (9-7)

3. Eagles (9-7)

4. Redskins (7-9)

I beleive his point is that you MIGHT be one of the thousands of front-running Cowboy fans that probably started liking the Cowboys when they were on top some decades ago, and now comes out of the woodwork when the team is on the rise. You strived for attention as a kid, so decided to like the team that everyone else on your block hated.

But that is just a guess....perhaps you just like rooting for criminals, malcontents and drug-addicts??? :D

PS:

1. Giants (10-6)

2. Cowboys (9-7)

3. Eagles (9-7)

4. Redskins (7-9)

I like this, only somewhat upside down:

Skins

Boys

Giantz

Eagles

If the Moss connection is found the rest are sunk.

I like the boys here, but mental meltdown is a real possibility.

Should be a good year for Eli, but unless there's a Hugh running game, I still have anxiety about the young man. Shockey could change my mind....he hasn't done it yet....regardless what his Miami Vice impression on the NFL channel says...

Lastly, McNabb and Westbrook do not a whole team make.

NFC East:

Giants (6-10)....last year was the most overrated team in the past 20 years

:D i dont think id go that far...injuries will kill a good team late in the season...signing retired linebackers was my first hint of an early playoff exit

PS:

1. Giants (10-6)

2. Cowboys (9-7)

3. Eagles (9-7)

4. Redskins (7-9)

Yup that's me. :D

I'd bet there's more Eagles fans around these parts that started being Eagles fans in the last 4 or 5 years than there is Cowboys frontrunners.When's the last year that the Cowboys did anything Einstein?F the Eagles.

I think the only real key additions the Skins made were Brandon Lloyd and Al Saunders....the rest may have been over-done....especially Randle El....

Weather or not it was "over-done" they have improved from last year with the addition of keeping all key personal that got the team to the playoffs last year, other then arrington(which can be debated)

You have to remember that Skins were 7-1 in the devision last year. That's pretty damn good... and now they addressed most of the problems from last year:

No pass rush - carter

No #2, 3 WRs - Lloyd, Randel el, pattern was hurt

poor punt return/ trick play ability - randel el

serviceble back up QB - Collins, 2nd year for campbell

Not to mention the word is that Pattern has been blowing up in camp and dont forget they still have Cooley and Sellers who are both proven play makers.

I still see NFC east as a dogfight, but..

Skins - Gibbs 3rd year, key additions, better on D and O

Giants - another year for eli, good D additions

cowboys - TO is money, but the line is still sh!t

eagles - no true #1 wr, westbrook is not a 30carry back, D is the worst of the 4

Weather or not it was "over-done" they have improved from last year with the addition of keeping all key personal that got the team to the playoffs last year, other then arrington(which can be debated)

You have to remember that Skins were 7-1 in the devision last year. That's pretty damn good... and now they addressed most of the problems from last year:

No pass rush - carter

No #2, 3 WRs - Lloyd, Randel el, pattern was hurt

poor punt return/ trick play ability - randel el

serviceble back up QB - Collins, 2nd year for campbell

Not to mention the word is that Pattern has been blowing up in camp and dont forget they still have Cooley and Sellers who are both proven play makers.

I still see NFC east as a dogfight, but..

Skins - Gibbs 3rd year, key additions, better on D and O

Giants - another year for eli, good D additions

cowboys - TO is money, but the line is still sh!t

eagles - no true #1 wr, westbrook is not a 30carry back, D is the worst of the 4

the eagles D is not the worst of the 4....and that is no slight to the other defenses...

but umm...relying on Brunell is a big problem....

the fact that he's expected to start this season speaks volumes of how UNready Campbell is.....and Todd Collins?....nbfudsbgufbg

and David PatteN is a good wideout....but you have to rely on old man Brunell....nothing was expected of him last year and when he has a good season pretty much out of nowhere, nobody questions him....or his age...

I have nothing against the skins, but I see them as the weakest out of the division...

the eagles D is not the worst of the 4....and that is no slight to the other defenses...

but umm...relying on Brunell is a big problem....

the fact that he's expected to start this season speaks volumes of how UNready Campbell is.....and Todd Collins?....nbfudsbgufbg

and David PatteN is a good wideout....but you have to rely on old man Brunell....nothing was expected of him last year and when he has a good season pretty much out of nowhere, nobody questions him....or his age...

I have nothing against the skins, but I see them as the weakest out of the division...

yes, brunell in no manning but he is far from done. He came in as a 80% completion qb, then had a great season statistically last year. In fact he should have been to the probowl over Vick.

the reason he declined towards the end is that shot to the knee, which would have hurt any QB. He was playing hurt the rest of the year.

Even as a skins fan i realize Brunell is the key, if he cant get it done or gets hurt the teams chances are signific lower. Yet, several facts still ring true:

1. without brunell the team is stilll very well balanced on O & D. The O line is the best in the NFC(when healthy) and the D will be top 6 this year. So even if brunell goes down, a servisable back up can keep D honest with an excelent running game. See TB and Balt in the last 5 years.

Even if campbell does exceptionally well in the preaseason, brunell will still start. Campbell is the future, brunell is the veteran they need to win now.

Edited by oraphus

yes, brunell in no manning but he is far from done. He came in as a 80% completion qb, then had a great season statistically last year. In fact he should have been to the probowl over Vick.

the reason he declined towards the end is that shot to the knee, which would have hurt any QB. He was playing hurt the rest of the year.

Even as a skins fan i realize Brunell is the key, if he cant get it done or gets hurt the teams chances are signific lower. Yet, several facts still ring true:

1. without brunell the team is stilll very well balanced on O & D. The O line is the best in the NFC(when healthy) and the D will be top 6 this year. So even if brunell goes down, a servisable back up can keep D honest with an excelent running game. See TB and Balt in the last 5 years.

Even if campbell does exceptionally well in the preaseason, brunell will still start. Campbell is the future, brunell is the veteran they need to win now.

if by "far" you meant "close"...then yeah, I agree...

Edited by Avernus

Almost any of these teams can take the division this year.

The Exception being the Eagles.

I just don't see it. Sure McNabb is back and he is one of the better QBs out there but the WRs don't scare anyone and Westbrook is coming off an injury, again. What may save the running game is Moats. He could be this year's suprise if they give him a chance. They have a good TE, and Smith should have a great year. Also the Defense is going to be good again this year and should keep them in a lot of games. But I don't see them having a chance this year.

Well, I think for the reasons you just mentioned, the Eagles have a very good chance this year. It sounds like your falling into that ESPN trap. Their so called experts are horrible. I hate watching people get paid to do a job and they don't even do any research. I think everyone at The Huddle does more research than those clowns.

Sorry, just had to vent a bit. :D

PS:

1. Giants (10-6)

2. Cowboys (9-7)

3. Eagles (9-7)

4. Redskins (7-9)

I couldn't have said it better myself. :D

1. Cowboys or Giants (Too close to call, but since I'm a Cowboy fan, if I had to jump out there I'd say the boys.)

2. Giantss or Cowboys

3. Redskins

4. Iggles

Why don't you support the team you live closest too? :D

that arguement is ridiculous.FWIW i live closer to Pitt. than Philly.I should root for Pitt.??I have family in D.C. and spend more time there than any other city(besides my hometown).Does that mean I should root for the 'Skins?I also have family in N.C. and spend time there.Maybe I should root for the Panthers.The only time I wanna be near philthy is on my way to A.C.

Tell ya what..I'll root for who I want and you root for you want.I've only ever liked Dallas and always hated Philly.Get over it. :D

that arguement is ridiculous.FWIW i live closer to Pitt. than Philly.I should root for Pitt.??I have family in D.C. and spend more time there than any other city(besides my hometown).Does that mean I should root for the 'Skins?I also have family in N.C. and spend time there.Maybe I should root for the Panthers.The only time I wanna be near philthy is on my way to A.C.

Tell ya what..I'll root for who I want and you root for you want.I've only ever liked Dallas and always hated Philly.Get over it. :D

since you're a frontrunner...this gives you multiple teams to root for when one is horrible....