[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rank the division

BigMikeinNY

Beats laying a turd on the field in the first round.

Geez...you throw a compliment out there for having your team reach the SB and this is the thanks I get! :D

Gotta give Carolina credit for that ass whoopin though. The Giants were a shell of the team they were when they played Seattle due to injuries and the Panthers took full advantage.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of 2006, what does everyone think the NFC East will look like? And will there be a wild card team in there?

1st Wash

2nd NYG *

3rd Dallas *

4th Philly (3-13)

* = Wild Card

Even though my homer is in the division, I honestly think this is what the final standings will look like in the NFC East!!

BM

Good info above though I put the Eagles at 6-10 or 7-9.

to me...the Redskins just did what they do every year....they added a bunch of players and dumped some too....

the chemistry is something I'd like to see....because I don't see it...plus they need a QB and Campbell doesn't have me convinced....

the only teams I am sure about are the Eagles and Giants.....last year the Eagles were a worst case scenario at just about every position....and the divisional opponents still had trouble beating them...

You are insane. Their chemistry is unbelievable, particularly on the defensive side. Gibbs and Williams are team/system guys and it is all about chemistry. That is why LaVar is gone. The Redskins gutted out games on chemistry and heart to close very strong last year and will continue it this year. I am fine with either Brunell or Campbell under center this season and think that Portis will have a hugh season and the defense will be top three. Sean Taylor and Archuletta are going to murder people while Carlos Rogers and Shawn Springs lockdown opposing receivers.

The defensive line will be better, and the O line will be back and more cohesive. Noone can argue that Brandon Lloyd and Randle El wont open up the downfield game and that means Cooley and Portis can go wild. And I really like the Fauria pick up to lay some wood in the running game.

I am going to say one thing about the Redskins: watch out. You heard it here first.

I don't see any team in this division being better than 10-6 or worse than 8-8. (maybe the Eagles at 7-9).

The problem is they are all good but they each play each other twice. I could easily see all of them going 4-4 in the division.

The team with the best D (and QB) will win this division. They wear green :D

1st- Eagles & Giants (9-7)

3rd- Dallas & Skins (8-8)

Edited by Zooty

As long as you can admit that you know if it weren't for Jay Feely's choke job the Giants dominated that game, in Seattle no less. But hey, congrats on your Super Bowl loss!!!

Okay, seriously homer?? If you were to take a poll on this site, at least 75% percent would say that the only touchdown you scored in that game was given to you because of a horrible call. To say that a team that scored ten points "dominated that game" is ridiculous. Both teams played like crap offensively, the only difference is that nobody excpected the Seahawks to play like crap, so it makes the G-women look better. Geez, look at me, you've actually got me riled up about the Giants, like anybody cares about the freakin' Giants. Hey dude, have fun watchin Eli throw your season down the toilet this year. But sure, come again, we'll send ya back on that long flight anytime you wanna come down.

Edited by Seahawks21

Good info above though I put the Eagles at 6-10 or 7-9.

You are insane. Their chemistry is unbelievable, particularly on the defensive side. Gibbs and Williams are team/system guys and it is all about chemistry. That is why LaVar is gone. The Redskins gutted out games on chemistry and heart to close very strong last year and will continue it this year. I am fine with either Brunell or Campbell under center this season and think that Portis will have a hugh season and the defense will be top three. Sean Taylor and Archuletta are going to murder people while Carlos Rogers and Shawn Springs lockdown opposing receivers.

The defensive line will be better, and the O line will be back and more cohesive. Noone can argue that Brandon Lloyd and Randle El wont open up the downfield game and that means Cooley and Portis can go wild. And I really like the Fauria pick up to lay some wood in the running game.

I am going to say one thing about the Redskins: watch out. You heard it here first.

don't skin fans say this every year?....and every year their overpaid players underachieve...

:D

Almost any of these teams can take the division this year.

The Exception being the Eagles.

I just don't see it. Sure McNabb is back and he is one of the better QBs out there but the WRs don't scare anyone and Westbrook is coming off an injury, again. What may save the running game is Moats. He could be this year's suprise if they give him a chance. They have a good TE, and Smith should have a great year. Also the Defense is going to be good again this year and should keep them in a lot of games. But I don't see them having a chance this year.

The Giants are interesting this year. Mini Manning started to look good last year, the big question is will he take the next step. If he does he has a two good targets in Plaxico, and Shockey. But that's where it ends. Moss is interesting but I don't see him has a major threat this year and Toomer is getting a little old. And speaking of getting old Strahan is done, which will hurt the Defense and Tiki (he has proved me wrong for the last 2 years) isn't going to be the Tiki of old, the O-line will open up holes for him, I just don't see him exploiting them like he has in the last couple of years.

The Redskins could be in serious trouble in Burnell goes down. This is the key to the Redskins this year. Knock out Burnell and they are done. On the other hand, he stays healthy, look out, this team will put up some points. They already have Moss, and I love the addition of Lloyd and I even find the addition of Randle El interesting (I always thought he was under-used in Pit). Add a very good TE in Cooley and you have the making of a very good passing team. And lets not forget the running game. Portis (I have never been a fan) should see a lot of open space this year. I think the passing game will keep the Defenses honest and I believe the OL will open up enough holes each week to keep him at or above 100 yds every week. Now plug in a very good defense and you have the makings of a winner this year.

Now for my Cowboys. It all hinges on the O-line. If these guys don't get it together it will be a long year. Bledsoe, when given the time can and will chop up a defense, but he has no legs and he can't stand the pressure. Even with this fancy 2 TE set I keep hearing about, if the O-Line doesn't hold it won't matter. Also, knock him out and the Boys are over, there is NO backup in Dallas. So assuming that Bledsoe is protected who is he throwing too. I would argue the best set of WRs in the Division starting with TO. Personally, I hate the guy (see avi) but he is a game changer and will draw double and triple coverage which will open up the long ball to Glenn, and that is going to be a killer. Now add Crayton who was having a good year before the injury and you have one of the best receiving corps in the division. And if Bledsoe didn't already have plenty of options to throw too, there is that all-pro TE Witten to worry about. I see the running game as the major weakness here. JJ doesn't seem to be able to stay healthy and Barber is a suitable replacement, but he just doesn't excite me. But if the O-line works and JJ can ditch the injury bug, it could be a very good year. Add all of this with an improving Defense and a actual kicker this year and this team could be fun to watch.

So the way I see it:

Redskins

Cowboys

Giants

Eagles

lol jojo....dallas is no prize either....Bledsoe the statue can't handle being the 2nd most sacked QB in the NFL again.....

so what have they done to help this?....they let Larry Allen go and signed Jason Fabini and Kyle Kosier...:D....this isn't exactly anything to brag about...

and while the defensive front is good...I'm not sold on the secondary, other than Roy killing someone once every 3 times he gets burnt...Newman is speedy, but hasn't lived anywhere near expectations and Glenn is way too old...Henry is decent....

TO has not finished a season since 2002...whether it's being suspended or being injured....and Terry Glenn came out of the woodworks with a stellar season last year.....what makes you think he has another year like that in him?...

his career goes like this....

15 GP

9 GP

10 GP

14 GP

16 GP

4 GP

15 GP

16 GP

6 GP

16 GP

plus he's only had over 1000 yds 3 times in his 11 year career......hopefully Patrick Crayton doesn't get hurt again....oh and not to mention Julius Jones....

people bring up how many questions the Eagles have....but Dallas has just as many, if not more.....we're coming off a worst case scenario season where everything that could have gone wrong...did go wrong....and we finished 6-10.....people make it sound like we went 3-13 or something... :D

people bring up how many questions the Eagles have....but Dallas has just as many, if not more.....we're coming off a worst case scenario season where everything that could have gone wrong...did go wrong....and we finished 6-10.....people make it sound like we went 3-13 or something... :D

Did the wrongs get righted?

Did the wrongs get righted?

McNabb and Westbrook are healthy. Moats will bring a viable #2 RB. Lj is healty again too. R. Brown will be better in year 2 but they still need a #2. Wr is still weak but they have good options at both RBs and both TEs. They also added a capable back-up QB in Garcia.

The O line returns 2 starting tackles and a rookie. Guard will be fine with Andrews and who ever Andy coaches into #2 and the Center is healty again too. Fraley missed time last year and Jackson will be better when he's ready.

D-line added depth and D. Howard. Everyone returns at LB and McCoy will be an upgrade at OLB plus they drafted Gocong who may take a while to learn. Seconday returns and they are healty again too.

Way too many starters missed games last year especially down the stretch. They will be better than 6-10 barring a rash of injuries.

Edited by Zooty

McNabb and Westbrook are healthy. Moats will bring a viable #2 RB. Lj is healty again too. R. Brown will be better in year 2 but they still need a #2. Wr is still weak but they have good options at both RBs and both TEs. They also added a capable back-up QB in Garcia.

The O line returns 2 starting tackles and a rookie. Guard will be fine with Andrews and who ever Andy coaches into #2 and the Center is healty again too. Fraley missed time last year and Jackson will be better when he's ready.

D-line added depth and D. Howard. Everyone returns at LB and McCoy will be an upgrade at OLB plus they drafted Gocong who may take a while to learn. Seconday returns and they are healty again too.

Way too many starters missed games last year especially down the stretch. They will be better than 6-10 barring a rash of injuries.

ohh...he was asking about the Eagles...

since everyone is back healthy....then yeah, the wrongs were righted...we improved up front on both sides of the ball in FA and in the draft...

I've never seen this team have as many injuries as we had last year......and while injuries are a big part of football....sometimes the sh!t just hits the fan and gets out of control with a poo shower...

I'm not saying we'll win the division...it is very strong...and there are plenty of nfc east fans here with :D responses to get things going here....but this team is better than the 2003 team and the previous ones.....and while the rest of the division is ALOT better than those teams.....the Eagles DID beat teams outside the NFC east...as well as outside the NFC as well....but instead of going 12-4/13-3...we would have had 5...maybe 6 losses against the current teams.....that's still enough to take the division....

Gentlemen you are right. The only other team I have seen with as many injuries as the Eagles had last year was my fantasy team last year. But again IMO the Eagles did not make the improvements they needed to. I would hate to imagine the year McNabb would have with a quality WR corp. But he doesn't, and that is why the Eagles don't win the division this year. And you want to talk RBs, Westbrook is as fragile as JJ. The only hope the Eagles running game has is Moats (Did I mention I like him), but my guess is that he won't be used as much as he should because the Eagles will need Westbrook in the pass pattern since he will most likely be their best WR this year.

And yes you are correct Bledsoe will be dogmeat if the O-Line doesn't get the job done. But the loss of Larry Allen isn't as big as it seems. He was old and slow, the additions are not the best (but didn't they also say that about Denver a while back) but if they come together Bledsoe is going to have a great year because he has someone to throw too.

As for the Defense, It's going to be in the top 10.

So what say we get a little bet going Avernus, the Christmas Day Game, I'll put up a Dozen of Arizona's finest Christmas Tamales against your best Philly Cheesesteak.. :D

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Gentlemen you are right. The only other team I have seen with as many injuries as the Eagles had last year was my fantasy team last year. But again IMO the Eagles did not make the improvements they needed to. I would hate to imagine the year McNabb would have with a quality WR corp. But he doesn't, and that is why the Eagles don't win the division this year. And you want to talk RBs, Westbrook is as fragile as JJ. The only hope the Eagles running game has is Moats (Did I mention I like him), but my guess is that he won't be used as much as he should because the Eagles will need Westbrook in the pass pattern since he will most likely be their best WR this year.

And yes you are correct Bledsoe will be dogmeat if the O-Line doesn't get the job done. But the loss of Larry Allen isn't as big as it seems. He was old and slow, the additions are not the best (but didn't they also say that about Denver a while back) but if they come together Bledsoe is going to have a great year because he has someone to throw too.

So what say we get a little bet going Avernus, the Christmas Day Game, I'll put up a Dozen of Arizona's finest Christmas Tamales against your best Philly Cheesesteak.. :D

Are you fuggin kidding me!!!! The 04 Panthers needed their own fuggin MASH unit that year, still have nightmares about that season :D

Not with Me-shawn in there. :D Too many questions in the LB core too, but they could work it out.

Also, my take on Key is very simple, he's arrogant, selfish and want's the damn ball, but if he respects you, he'll fight tooth and nail for you.

#1-If playing for the only former player who is now a NFL franchise owner, well if you can't repect that, done deal-The entire league repects the Big Cat

#2-Coach Fox, "It is what it is", a damn fine coach, one of the best in the business-Nuff Said.

#3-Steve Smith, if watching mighty might didn't earn boat loads of respect-nothing will and these to will compiment others very nicely.

#4-Jake Delhomme, he wants to win, he's a fiery competitor and these two will jell very nicely as well.

#5-It's just flat out one of the better organazations in the NFL-players want to come there and play, not to mention a very top contender for the prize.

OK-sorry to hijack

Redskins

Eagles

Cowboys

Giants

No wildcard here

don't skin fans say this every year?....and every year their overpaid players underachieve...

:D

In Gibbs' second year back cleaning up the Spurrier mess they made the second round of the playoffs. And this year the defense is better and the offense is upgraded at WR. Overpaid players? I think at this point, almost every other team is trying to emulate Snyder and Gibbs' ability to get vets to restructure and free agents to extend signing bonuses. Every year it gets done right.

If we undersachieved last year imagine what we could this year if we play to our potential.

I honestly believe that it will be almost impossible to call right now because I think the Skins and Cowboys are going to be improved (and could be significantly), the Giants are going to be at least as good and maybe better and the Eagles are the only team I am less certain about though they had no problem getting to the NFC Championship game without Owens before.

It could end up a brutal deal where each team wins at home and loses on the road and waters each other down so that none of them have a great record this year but each could make the playoffs. This is as strong as the entire division has been in many years IMO.

Completely agree. Each team has numerous questions and all should beat up on each other. There is no standout among these 4 teams and the finish is one big question mark. So here's my best guess:

1. Cowboys

2. Giants

3. Eagles

4. Skins

Remember, it's my best guess, but who really knows...

In Gibbs' second year back cleaning up the Spurrier mess they made the second round of the playoffs. And this year the defense is better and the offense is upgraded at WR. Overpaid players? I think at this point, almost every other team is trying to emulate Snyder and Gibbs' ability to get vets to restructure and free agents to extend signing bonuses. Every year it gets done right.

If we undersachieved last year imagine what we could this year if we play to our potential.

They are up-graded with Al Saunders too.

Under Snyder the cap is just a suggestion. :D

Westy as fragile as JJ?....:D...actually...that's not even funny..

and I agree that Allen was big and slow...but I'm not sure they upgraded the position at all....let alone filled the void..

and I'm all about a bet....but I'd rather have a sig bet.....even if I did lose...I am to lazy to get a cheese steak and package it in dry ice lolol....plus you wouldn't enjoy it cold IMO...

of course...you'd have to win the bet :D