[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade away the "Edge"...

we keep 10 players each year and I have had Edge since he came into the league...I have watched him come back from a knee injury and flourish in the Colts offense...He has definately lost a step and without that great offense around him I think now is the time to trade him away...these are three offers I am considering...

1. Trade for the #4 and #9 picks in the first round

2. Trade for C. Taylor and next years first rounder from that team

3. Trade for C. Benson and the #12 pick this year

which makes the most sense...

ps - I have Alexander as my main running back so Edge is expendable to get my team better for the future...

Edited by alexgaddis

I like your option number one or three. Fourth pick this year may land you D. Williams or Maroney (or Addai). Do you know who's picking top four?

Benson will be a star in the league. This year is difficult w/ the T. Jones situation (if he doesn't get traded). Tough call........def wouldn't do number two. Not personally high on C. Taylor. Could be a bust.

If you're looking for the future I guess I would opt w/ option one but option three is a very close second.

well, i'd be keeping alexander and edge and building around them. no way i would give up on edge at this point and even if you did, i don't like any of the options you have. the potential payoff if edge clicks in this new system is too hugh an opportunity to pass on, especially when you can combine that with alexander. i don't like any of the 3 options ...

well, i'd be keeping alexander and edge and building around them. no way i would give up on edge at this point and even if you did, i don't like any of the options you have. the potential payoff if edge clicks in this new system is too hugh an opportunity to pass on, especially when you can combine that with alexander. i don't like any of the 3 options ...

Agreed.. unless there are other mitigating factors not mentioned in the original post, such as contract years or salary caps, etc., I don't care for either of the proposed deal. THis year's crop is not extremely deep, so that 9th or 12th pick is a crap shoot, none of the rookie RBs have gone ot ideal situations where you can realistically hope to match or get close to Edge's likely level of production, and while Benson or Taylor may have fine seasons, Edge is a proven commodity that I would rather take into this season than either of the options offered.

So the new offense doesn't scare you away from him this year?

There are no other mitigating circumstances I just thout now is the time to sell in his case and try to build for the future...also, because I have Alexander I can afford to lose him...

but I have also thought about just keeping him and riding him out...

So the new offense doesn't scare you away from him this year?

There are no other mitigating circumstances I just thout now is the time to sell in his case and try to build for the future...also, because I have Alexander I can afford to lose him...

but I have also thought about just keeping him and riding him out...

instead of building for the future, i'd be looking to dominate this season with alex/edge in my backfield.

edited to add: the offense doesn't scare me at all. i think they are going to put up some big numbers.

Edited by tonorator

I DID dominate last year but when it came to my playoff game I went up against Tiki on his 250 yard, 2 TD game and missed the final by 5 points...

would have won the league last year if not for that...

I am less confident in Edge this year than in past years with that great offense...I think he goes for 1100 and 6 TD's this year...

if edge stays healthy, i would be shocked if he only has 6 td's. i think the passing threat has to take some pressure off the line and its run blocking. i would think green would try to stay balanced on offense. if i am on defense and you try to stop the run first, i think that opens the door up for warner to hit some passes early and that should soften up the run defense some. obviously if warner goes down , again, i think edge has a harder time.

but i dont think there is a defensive coordinator in the league who wouldnt rather see arizona try to grind out a long drive than to overemphasize stopping the run and getting burned on the home run pass. i think edge will be ok.

so if you dont trade , when is your first pick? and do most of the teams keep 10 or do you have to keep 10?

With Edge being 27 and Alexander being 28 they should still have thread on their tires. I can understand the hesitation toward Edge since he is a cardinal... and their running backs are perennially bad. I would take the chance with him though since the reward outweighs the risk. If he doesn't shape up in the first three weeks of the season he is still tradeable for future draft picks. If you do end up trading him go with Option 3.

Shaun Alexander on the other hand you might want to consider trading. His value is at an all time high and you can get the most bang for your buck if you trade him. Look for a younger stud RB like S. Jackson to replace him. I see too many bad signs about Alexander's future. At least he got his "peice of the pie."

I am less confident in Edge this year than in past years with that great offense

I agree with less production this year from Edge than last year. However, also agree with the previous replies that the 3 options you listed weren't the best.

Not sure if I missed it, but do you have another RB to start other than Benson/Taylor for this year?

Also, how bad is the team offering Taylor? If that might be a top pick, it might not be that bad a deal.

I DID dominate last year but when it came to my playoff game I went up against Tiki on his 250 yard, 2 TD game and missed the final by 5 points...

would have won the league last year if not for that...

I am less confident in Edge this year than in past years with that great offense...I think he goes for 1100 and 6 TD's this year...

You shouldn't put so much weight on that.

For one thing, in the Colts offense, Edge hardly played the last few weeks of the year (because the Colts were resting players). Those are prime fantasy weeks. In Zona, he will be playing in those weeks. So on a team like mine (and yours), where I dominated in the regular season, Edge would always hurt me with that.

This move to the Cards boosts his value significantly for me, because now instead of sitting out and getting low/no points he will be playing the whole game trying to get to the playoffs in a weak division.

Now is the time to trade for Edge, as most people will be looking to dump him due to uncertainty (like yourself). He may take a slight hit in total points, but now he is much more valuable to me because he wll be playing when it counts.......

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

This is a tough call. I think I go with the Benson deal if I decided to make a move at all. I would be leaning on doing something. I might wait till after week 1 though and then make a trade. It's a gamble, however I see Arizona opening that stadium with a big win and Edge should have a good first game then you could sell high. I think Edge's value at best is luke warm right now. You should get more after a nice showing and folks think Edge is back.