[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB advice....Kitna or Brooks

I waited a little too long and ended up with Brooks as my QB. Only starters available now are Kitna, B. Johnson, Penny, Frye, Volek, Grossman and A. Smith.

eesh, I'd definitely snag Kitna. If possible, also make room on your roster for A.Smith. Very favorable strength of schedule, the team is likely going to be doing a lot of passing due to a cruddy D, and even though it's early in the preseason he's looked nice.

Detroit has a very soft passing schedule, so if they can put it together Kitna could produce nicely.

Minnesota first 3 weeks are brutal based on PPG allowed to QBs last year, as they face 3 of the top 8 teams against QBs from last season, but the rest oif the schedule is not to obad as the only play one more top 8 against the QB defense all year.

I waited a little too long and ended up with Brooks as my QB. Only starters available now are Kitna, B. Johnson, Penny, Frye, Volek, Grossman and A. Smith.

John Clayton intimated this morning that Brooks might get cut. Regardless of who else you have at QB, Kitna, Johnson, and Volek are all worthy of backup spots in standard leagues at this point.

Do you have a source on that? What kind of signing bonus did Brooks get?

Well, John Clayton said it on KJR in Seattle during his regular Tuesday afternoon feature. It was in reference to a caller asking about Andrew Walter's chances for starting. Clayton said something to the effect that the way Brooks has been looking in practice and playing in the first two exhibition games, he may not make the roster. I don't think he was citing a source or doing anything but emphasizing for effect how terrible Brooks has looked.

It's always important to quote media blowhards when they make outrageous comments out of context or off the cuff. If for nothing else than to hold them to the same standards they hold for the players and coaches they rely on to fill their columns and commentaries.

Does that mean maybe the return of Collins??

Too early to think of Collins' return. That said I don't think that Moss and Brooks will achieve the chemistry needed for both to have success. Kitna is my choice due to Mike Martz. Is Philip Rivers on the WW?

I would consider him as well.

Too early to think of Collins' return. That said I don't think that Moss and Brooks will achieve the chemistry needed for both to have success. Kitna is my choice due to Mike Martz. Is Philip Rivers on the WW?

I would consider him as well.

Philip Rivers is not available, he was taken in the draft.

I personally like Volek...people don't like his WR's but he has Drew Bennett who I personally like...David Givens who has nice speed....Troupe, Kinney, Brandon Jones if healthy and Calico...if healthy...

this isn't a bad group of wideouts and he's playing for a contract.....

I also think he's a half decent QB....

either him or Kitna...

when Kingfish said to make room........I think he meant get rid of Brooks. P/UP Kitna and B.Johnson.

Brooks is poop.

i actually meant retain Brooks (at least temporarily to see how his situation pans out) and definitely pickup Kitna and possibly A.Smith OR B.Johnson. in other words make room for a 3rd QB (A.Smith or B.Johnson) if possible.

Personally, I'd roll the dice with A.Smith over B.Johnson... I like the way he looks thus far, he's going to have plenty of chances playing behind in most games, A.Bryant/V.Davis/F. Gore aren't slouches, and the strength of schedule. IMO B.Johnson would be a safe bet but A.Smith can make some noise in his situation.

just my $0.02

i actually meant retain Brooks (at least temporarily to see how his situation pans out) and definitely pickup Kitna and possibly A.Smith OR B.Johnson. in other words make room for a 3rd QB (A.Smith or B.Johnson) if possible.

Personally, I'd roll the dice with A.Smith over B.Johnson... I like the way he looks thus far, he's going to have plenty of chances playing behind in most games, A.Bryant/V.Davis/F. Gore aren't slouches, and the strength of schedule. IMO B.Johnson would be a safe bet but A.Smith can make some noise in his situation.

just my $0.02

keeper-wise, Alex Smith would definately be worth it...

I'd drop Brooks immediately. By waiting you will see more evidence of what you already know...Brooks is terrible. IMO, you should grab Kitna as your starter and either Volek or BJohnson as your backup. I've grabbed Kitna in one league already and believe he will have a solid year. If you waited a little long for a QB, the rest of your roster should be pretty sound. Grab Kitna, monitor the free agent pool and look to pick up that surprise QB no one sees coming. Relax...it's a long season.

I'd drop Brooks immediately. By waiting you will see more evidence of what you already know...Brooks is terrible. IMO, you should grab Kitna as your starter and either Volek or BJohnson as your backup. I've grabbed Kitna in one league already and believe he will have a solid year. If you waited a little long for a QB, the rest of your roster should be pretty sound. Grab Kitna, monitor the free agent pool and look to pick up that surprise QB no one sees coming. Relax...it's a long season.

I like the Alex Smith idea. He has worked hard with A. Bryant and together they have developed good chemistry. We forget that Eric Johnson is healthy to compliment the phenom Vernon Davis. If the passing game can keep Defenses honest, Frank Gore could be a huge surprise. Volek's schedule is just too hard this year IMO.

Kitna or Alex Smith...

Decent #s, they should have.

Brooks bothers me for a number of reasons. The thing no one talks about though is the new offensive co in Oakland was the mayor of a town in Idaho last year? Who the he11 gets their OC from the mayors office in Idaho. Now you have Art Shell who has been out of the league a LONG time and a guy who mayored over potatoes. What kind of team can these two be expected to produce?