[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is the biggest A-HOLE in professional sports?

jmb_info

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably doesn't make him THE biggest A-hole out there, but it's pretty disturbing that you routinely hear that Tiger Woods doesn't tip. I've heard he doesn't tip the clubhouse guys at the tournaments (which is common practice to tip them from what I understand) and also at restaraunts.

i know what h8 and spain would say.. :D

it's pretty disturbing that you routinely hear that Tiger Woods doesn't tip. Come on, this guy is worth several hundred million dollars, is it too much to ask to throw a few bucks at someone who is making about $3.50 an hour without tips? What a prick. :D

I'll have to ask my Godson. He's a p/t bartender at Medinah.

Here's a couple of things I found real quick doing a google:

New York, NY (WFN) -- Tiger Woods may be a great golfer but his skill as a tipper isn't quite on par.

According to "Travel Holiday" magazine, Woods is notorious for being one of the biggest celebrity cheapskates around.

In fact, one waiter at the Hyde Park Grill in Columbus, Ohio, claims Tiger once spent $700 at the restaurant -- but didn't leave even a penny tip for his waiter.

http://www.ncbuy.com/news/2002-11-19/1005487.html

You might be surprised to learn that there isn't much negative stuff on golfers, although one poster complains that Tiger Woods left him a $4 tip at Tony Roma's in Orlando for a $125, two-and-a-half-hour meal. But that was a number of years ago.

http://www.worldgolf.com/blogs/alan.katz/2...rity_cheapskate

Tipper's Name: Tiger woods

Where it happened: Las Vegas, NV

Total bill / Tip amount / Percentage: $2000.00 / $20.00 / 1%

A 1% tip on a $2,000 dollar bill?! :D

http://www.bitterwaitress.com/std/index.html?detail=1&id=478

Again, I've heard that repeatedly from many different places. I'm not a waiter or anything, but stuff like that bothers me to hear.

Edited by Skrappy1

Teddy Bruschi

Not if you saw the "Make-a-Wish" special on ESPN featuring Bruschi. He's now one of my favorite athletes. Very compassionate and real. You can usually tell when a person is faking. We was not.

Plus, after he had his stroke, there was a lot of coverage, interviews, video clips. He seems like a real solid human being and family man, one that has not let his fame go to his head.

IMHO, he is what is right with athletes today.

My vote goes Randy Johnson...and I am a Yankee fan.

Edited by The Wolf

Probably doesn't make him THE biggest A-hole out there, but it's pretty disturbing that you routinely hear that Tiger Woods doesn't tip. I've heard he doesn't tip the clubhouse guys at the tournaments (which is common practice to tip them from what I understand) and also at restaraunts. Come on, this guy is worth several hundred million dollars, is it too much to ask to throw a few bucks at someone who is making about $3.50 an hour without tips? All Mr. Pink jokes aside, I think that should at least get him an honorable mention in this award category. What a prick. :D

Yes I have heard this a few times as well. I also have heard that he's a pretty nice guy who if approached will sign an autograph.

Not if you saw the "Make-a-Wish" special on ESPN featuring Bruschi. He's now one of my favorite athletes. Very compassionate and real. You can usually tell when a person is faking. We was not.

Plus, after he had his stroke, there was a lot of coverage, interviews, video clips. He seems like a real solid human being and family man, one that has not let his fame go to his head.

I was J/K.

Oh and ill beat spain and h8 to it. I've waited tables long enough to make this generalization. Tiger Woods is black. Black people are notoriously bad tippers. You want fair representation, ask a black waitress/waiter, theyll tell ya the same. I dont presume to know why. I worked at a restaraunt down here in FL that the Williams sisters used to come to all the time. Multi-Millionaire athelete/celebrities and no one wanted to wait on them.

The sanctimony of the media is more disgusting than anything Barry Bonds has ever done.

Believe me, I am not a fan of the media either. BUT a guy who wrote a biography on Bonds, and has talked to people close to him, and researched it is certainly entitled to share his opinion on the guy.

Believe me, I am not a fan of the media either. BUT a guy who wrote a biography on Bonds, and has talked to people close to him, and researched it is certainly entitled to share his opinion on the guy.

Bonds is hard to beat. Here's a guy that everyone agrees is just a miserable prick to be around, he takes people who has been loyal to him and throws them under the bus, cheats on his wives, hell, cheats at his own profession by taking every performance enhancing substance known to man, then when the evidence is overwhelming that he did so, thumbs his nose at the world and continues to go about things as if nothing is the matter, dragging a once proud sport thru the mud. He's both the most recognizable icon in the sport, and at the same time, its biggest disgrace and best example of everything that is wrong with MLB. His presence is a disgrace to the game. Say what you want about T.O., or any athlete that's been an ass to the media, or tested positive for drugs, or had a DUI, none of them hold a candle to Bonds. No one has damaged a sport like he has. It's hard to imagine anyone ever being worse.

No one has damaged a sport like he has. It's hard to imagine anyone ever being worse.

458,891 people attended 15 MLB games last night.

459,146 people attended 15 MLB games on August 23, 2005.

369,552 people attended 14 MLB games on August 23, 2001.

How has the sport been damaged by Bonds again? Has there ever been a time in your lifetime where the "credibility" of the game of baseball not been called into question by sportwriters?

Fact is that people don't care. At least the people who enjoy baseball don't care, because they still go to games, even more than they did 5 years ago.

I'm going to say Bud Selig. He's the guy who let the whole steroid thing happen, all in order to recover from his inability to prevent the players strike in 1994. You can't condemn the monster (Bonds) and ignore his Frankenstein (Selig). It's under his watch and with hsi tacit approval that the game and it's record have had their historical moorings removed and will forever skew the book in what is already known as "The Steroid Era."

That's not even mentioning his squirrely dealings in owning the Brewers AND his All Star Tie from a few years ago. The former is more evidence of his a-holeness and the latter more a measure of his incompetence.

Also, I'm sick of interleague and want to see it shelved.

Edited by Pope Flick

I'm going to say Bud Selig. He's the guy who let the whole steroid thing happen, all in order to recover from his inability to prevent the players strike in 1994. You can't condemn the monster (Bonds) and ignore his Frankenstein (Selig). It's under his watch and with hsi tacit approval that the game and it's record have had their historical moorings removed and will forever skew the book in what is already known as "The Steroid Era."

That's not even mentioning his squirrely dealings in owning the Brewers AND his All Star Tie from a few years ago. The former is more evidence of his a-holeness and the latter more a measure of his incompetence.

Congrats on 5k. :D

Clearly, demonknight was :D with that comment...I hope he was, otherwise he is hands down the stupidest person not only on this board, but in general society as we know it.

i see your bud selig and raise you one donald fehr

I like T.O. here--from a "destruction of team" point of view, he may be the best that ever lived. You gotta wake up early in the morning to turn a Superbowl caliber team into the trainwreck that he left in Philly. If I had to choose based on personality, I have to say we can't forget ol' Dennis Rodman. He considered suicide once. This gazillionaire whose only purpose on any team was to jump high, grab the ball and hand it to someone else, was sad about his tough life. Yeah, poor guy...how did he sleep at night. Oh wait--I know how he slept. He slept next to CARMEN ELECTRA. Truly an epic A-Hole.

Bonds makes a great case too, although I do think the media baits him.