[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Too many dents in the Cadillac?

MistaWrite

I thought I was reeeally getting over when I was able to select Cadillac as my second RB from the #11 spot in our 12-person draft (Ronne Brown was my #1). Now, just as was the case after he started the season w/all of those big yardage games, he's hurting again?!? He's a young guy - only in his second year - and he already can't stay healthy? Am I the only person who'starting to have serious doubts about him in the short and long term?

:D:D

The caveat with Williams is that he was in a full blown RBBC in college and never had to handle a full load. Then he moves up to the bigs, gets a HC who gives him 27 or more carries in 4 games last year, and he can't sustain the workload. @ 5'-11" @ 204 lbs, either Gruden has to lighten his load or he's going to be an injury risk again this year. It indicates in the article cited that they're actually contemplating increasing his workload. That ought to be a concern to FF owners.

During the WCoFF draft twiley and I had the 10 pick. Cadillac "dropped" to us in the 1st round. Twiley wanted him and I knew that the other 4 guys that owned the team wanted him as well. I was able to talk twiley out of Cadillac by saying,"hell no I don't want Caddy let's take Chad Johnson." Caddillac came back around to us in the 2nd round (15th overall pick), I kind of wanted Larry Fitzgerald or Anquan Boldin but I knew the other 5 guys on our team would've thought I was a complete dumba$$ for passing on Caddy again. I know 3 things about Caddillac, #1 he started off his career with a bang. The sceond thing I know about him is he had a nagging Lis Franc sprain that killed his value for 10 weeks of the season. The third thing I know about him is right after he was drafted he was asked how he felt about being drafted behind his Auburn teamate Ronnie Brown, to which Caddy replied, "He may have won the war, but the battle is not over." You could then hear his family and the ESPN employees all laughing at him while he stared at the camera with this confused and befuddled look on his face(kinda looked like this :D ). Knowing those three points about him I now realize that he's good when he's playing and not injured. It does appear that he gets injured quite a bit. He's dumb as a brick and I now have him on a $1,600 team. :D

During the WCoFF draft twiley and I had the 10 pick. Cadillac "dropped" to us in the 1st round. Twiley wanted him and I knew that the other 4 guys that owned the team wanted him as well. I was able to talk twiley out of Cadillac by saying,"hell no I don't want Caddy let's take Chad Johnson." Caddillac came back around to us in the 2nd round (15th overall pick), I kind of wanted Larry Fitzgerald or Anquan Boldin but I knew the other 5 guys on our team would've thought I was a complete dumba$$ for passing on Caddy again. I know 3 things about Caddillac, #1 he started off his career with a bang. The sceond thing I know about him is he had a nagging Lis Franc sprain that killed his value for 10 weeks of the season. The third thing I know about him is right after he was drafted he was asked how he felt about being drafted behind his Auburn teamate Ronnie Brown, to which Caddy replied, "He may have won the war, but the battle is not over." You could then hear his family and the ESPN employees all laughing at him while he stared at the camera with this confused and befuddled look on his face(kinda looked like this :D ). Knowing those three points about him I now realize that he's good when he's playing and not injured. It does appear that he gets injured quite a bit. He's dumb as a brick and I now have him on a $1,600 team. :lol:

Well, being dumb as a brick seems to go hand in hand with a lot of these athletes, that and an inability to form complete sentences.

Reminds me of when Shaq returned from a trip to Greece a reporter asked him if he went to the Parthenon...he replied...we went to so many clubs I don't remember the names. :D

:lol:

QUOTE(Bronco Billy @ 7/24/06 7:51am)

The caveat with Williams is that he was in a full blown RBBC in college and never had to handle a full load. Then he moves up to the bigs, gets a HC who gives him 27 or more carries in 4 games last year, and he can't sustain the workload. @ 5'-11" @ 204 lbs, either Gruden has to lighten his load or he's going to be an injury risk again this year. It indicates in the article cited that they're actually contemplating increasing his workload. That ought to be a concern to FF owners.

Couldn't the same be said about R.Brown as well? :D

Yep, except that Brown has a better height/weight ratio and a physique more condusive to taking a larger workload - and Williams has already established an injury history.

So what you are saying, BB, is that us celebrating that the guy in front of us taking a WR and letting Williams drop to us in the 1st round wasn't the gift we thought it was? Dang! Somehow this just doesn't sound fair.

Well, being dumb as a brick seems to go hand in hand with a lot of these athletes, that and an inability to form complete sentences.

Reminds me of when Shaq returned from a trip to Greece a reporter asked him if he went to the Parthenon...he replied...we went to so many clubs I don't remember the names. :D

:D

:lol:

Gruden needs to step on the brakes before Caddy gets another flat tire. I don't want to see him in the breakdown lane again this year. He's already spent enough time in the shop. With proper maintenance, he could be a real hot rod, but if Gruden's not careful, he'll be rusting away on cynder blocks.

There...got it all out of my system.

Can we please stop with the car references...

:D:lol::lol::brew:

Amen. :D

At MFL using the Live Draft function... drafted Williams and the site says... Cadillac Williams... liked to have dropped my drink it was so unexpected. Had to turn the sound down so I wouldn't hear anymore of that kind of stuff. LOL

Gruden needs to step on the brakes before Caddy gets another flat tire. I don't want to see him in the breakdown lane again this year. He's already spent enough time in the shop. With proper maintenance, he could be a real hot rod, but if Gruden's not careful, he'll be rusting away on cynder blocks.

It's in-depth analysis like Vet's that makes me love the Huddle. :D

Stop it. Stop it right now.

During the WCoFF draft twiley and I had the 10 pick. Cadillac "dropped" to us in the 1st round. Twiley wanted him and I knew that the other 4 guys that owned the team wanted him as well. I was able to talk twiley out of Cadillac by saying,"hell no I don't want Caddy let's take Chad Johnson." Caddillac came back around to us in the 2nd round (15th overall pick), I kind of wanted Larry Fitzgerald or Anquan Boldin but I knew the other 5 guys on our team would've thought I was a complete dumba$$ for passing on Caddy again. I know 3 things about Caddillac, #1 he started off his career with a bang. The sceond thing I know about him is he had a nagging Lis Franc sprain that killed his value for 10 weeks of the season. The third thing I know about him is right after he was drafted he was asked how he felt about being drafted behind his Auburn teamate Ronnie Brown, to which Caddy replied, "He may have won the war, but the battle is not over." You could then hear his family and the ESPN employees all laughing at him while he stared at the camera with this confused and befuddled look on his face(kinda looked like this :lol: ). Knowing those three points about him I now realize that he's good when he's playing and not injured. It does appear that he gets injured quite a bit. He's dumb as a brick and I now have him on a $1,600 team. :brew:

:D:D:lol:

Caddy's suffering from back spasms.

So the kid down the street decided to shoot hoops at the neighbors house while the Caddy was in the driveway and couldn't get the rebound before it bounced off the trunk.......it is concerning as a Caddy owner, I knew when I took him over Brown last year I was going to regret it :D