[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Waynes brother dies in car crash

tonyr0802

Crash On Louisiana Interstate Kills Brother Of Indianapolis Colt

Sep 24, 2006 06:51 PM EDT

24-Hour News 8 has learned all-pro wide receiver Reggie Wayne Boarded a plane to New Orleans Sunday night. His 32-year-old brother, Rashad died in a car crash Sunday morning.

Police in Kenner, Louisiana say it happened on Interstate 10.

Officers found Rashad in the cab of the truck with a severe head injury.

The accident is still under investigation.

An autopsy will be performed to determine his cause of death.

http://wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5451315

Crash On Louisiana Interstate Kills Brother Of Indianapolis Colt

Sep 24, 2006 06:51 PM EDT

24-Hour News 8 has learned all-pro wide receiver Reggie Wayne Boarded a plane to New Orleans Sunday night. His 32-year-old brother, Rashad died in a car crash Sunday morning.

Police in Kenner, Louisiana say it happened on Interstate 10.

Officers found Rashad in the cab of the truck with a severe head injury.

The accident is still under investigation.

An autopsy will be performed to determine his cause of death.

http://wishtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5451315

:D

this crap is getting old

Since I've been a Colts fan we've had two draft picks killed before they played a down. And then what happened with Dungy's son. . .

I feel bad for Reggie. Hope things go well.

Edited by CaptainHook

this crap is getting old

Since I've been a Colts fan we've had two draft picks killed before they played a down. And then what happened with Dungy's son. . .

I feel bad for Reggie. Hope things go well.

Situations like this remind us that the players are people with lives outside of football. Somewhat of a reality check that gets lost in all the glamor and excitement sometimes

Prayers for his family and friends

That is just awful. I wonder if he played the game with this knowledge or was notified after the game. Terrible...

I don't know, but I would think he found out after the game. There was no mention of it by the commentators during the game either.

Reggie's always seemed like a good person, hope he has a good support system around him during this time.

That is just awful. I wonder if he played the game with this knowledge or was notified after the game. Terrible...

He had to have found out after the game. He was really pumped up before he game, getting the fans involved. I can't imagine he knew.

Who did that happen to?

Can't remember his first name, last name was Curry. Second round pick in the late eighties-early nineties. He was actually the Colts first pick that year, as they didn't have a first rounder. He was a defensive lineman from Miami. Got shot outside a nightclub, and died shortly after being drafted.

Then their was the offensive lineman from Arkansas, Brandon Burlworth. Was a Drew Carry look-alike. Fourth round pick (I think) about 5-6 years ago. Head on car crash shortly after being drafted. Died instantly. They think he might have fallen asleep at the wheel.

Can't remember his first name, last name was Curry. Second round pick in the late eighties-early nineties. He was actually the Colts first pick that year, as they didn't have a first rounder. He was a defensive lineman from Miami. Got shot outside a nightclub, and died shortly after being drafted.

Then their was the offensive lineman from Arkansas, Brandon Burlworth. Was a Drew Carry look-alike. Fourth round pick (I think) about 5-6 years ago. Head on car crash shortly after being drafted. Died instantly. They think he might have fallen asleep at the wheel.

Don't forget Fred Lane was shot by his wife. Sad to hear about Reggie :D I'm sure he'll get a lot of support from Dungy and the rest of his team.

I remember Burlesworth, shame. I think the DL was Donte Curry?

My prays are with the Wayne family. I know that being a part of a Dungy coached team, there will be plenty of support for Reggie. Makes me proud to be a homer in this case as it seem the organization understands there is a more important calling outside of football.