[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The worse owner?

Scooby

Al Davis is probably clinically insane, and incapable of making rational decisions.

Bidwell has no excuses.

see, jones spends his money better than Snyder. And Davis has had high draft picks gone wasted. Bidwell has an excuse b/c he does not know what he is doing. Both Davis and Snyder know better, that is why I selected them. Now if we are voting on creepiest, then it is Davis and Bidwell.

The thing about Bidwell is longevity. He has been so bad for so long that nobody can touch him. He is the class of the competition here, and there is no need to even dispute it.

Davis used to be good.

Snyder wants to be good.

Bidwell doesn't really give a rattsass one way or the other as long as the checks keep coming in.

Bidwell. I wouldn't call Ralph Wilson a bad owner but the last few times I've heard him interviewed he just seemed lost and confused. Granted, I'm pretty sure he's around a 135 years old so it's understandable.

I really don't have anything to say about your post--I just like you Avator.

I don't think Snyder is even 40 yet. Give him time. He's made lots of mistakes, but he is learning, and hiring Gibbs, who he will not mistreat, was a huge step in the right direction for him as an owner, regardless of whether Gibbs brings the 'skins back to being one of the best teams in the league. Snyder just needs to learn to be patient and that he is not an expert on team management.

But he sure is an expert on making money!

William Clay Ford is clearly the worst owner.

Ford bought the Lions in 1964. Since then, Detroit has one playoff victory.

And he gave the worst GM in football, Matt Millen, a five year contract extension.

Top that.

The thing about Bidwell is longevity. He has been so bad for so long that nobody can touch him. He is the class of the competition here, and there is no need to even dispute it.

Davis used to be good.

Snyder wants to be good.

Bidwell doesn't really give a rattsass one way or the other as long as the checks keep coming in.

Bidwell has a new stadium and four marquee offensive players. He's in a much better position than he was four years ago. Snyder and Jerry Jones still have a ton of fan and media support, despite failing to get over the hump for a decade plus. They're also still attracting top-tier free agents.

I'd say that Ralph Wilson and Al Davis are in the worst positions right now. Their teams are awful and will be mired in the "rebuilding" phase for the next few years, their franchises have lost a lot of prestige and fan support over the past 5-10 years, and both play in decrepit, craphole stadiums with no prospects for anything better on the horizon.

why?

He hired a great coaching staff. He is always going after players, trying to improve the team. The stands are always full... the fans are always optimistic... and the the skins are the richest team in the NFL... has it panned out yet? No. But every year, 31 teams fail to win the Superbowl.

Bidwell has a new stadium and four marquee offensive players. He's in a much better position than he was four years ago.

Yeah, but I believe his son was the driving force behind finally conning the voting public into building a new stadium for the tight fisted Bidwell, and I suspect his influence might be a part of the reason for the marquee players as well. Bidwell didn't suddenly have a light go on in his head, Junior must be having an influence. Doesn't change the fact that BIDWELL SUCKS!!

Edited by rattsass

I think this has to be broken into 2 catagories. 1) Worst owner since they bought the team 2) Worst owner this year.

Ford and Bidwell are clearly the worst for their long track records of futility. Both care very little about puting a wining product on the field and the NFL players now it.

The cript keeper Al Davis is currently the most incompetent owner without a doubt. It's truly painful to watch, but he can't be considered the worst owner of all time because he's in the HOF for being a great owner :D

Good owners know how to create a good business model and how to generate revenue. Therefore, owners like Snyder, Jones and Kraft are doing a very good job. I think Snyder is an idiot by I give him credit for turning the redskins into a money making machine.

I think Benson is the worst. He really acted like an idiot when his franchise needed him to step up last year.