[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steeler homer

SLAYER

It is time to extend my beer collection to the Pit area. will take two bets, no points your Steelers vs. my Saints. bet a six pack of some local brew shipped to the winner. No iron city or rolling rock allowed talking good local brew. Any takers? I know your out there to many to name. :D

It is time to extend my beer collection to the Pit area. will take two bets, no points your Steelers vs. my Saints. bet a six pack of some local brew shipped to the winner. No iron city or rolling rock allowed talking good local brew. Any takers? I know your out there to many to name. :D

Slayer, just curious, but what did you send to Carolina & Baltimore?

Might I suggest trying Southern Pecan?

Edited by rajncajn

It's not exactly a Pittsburgh beer but it is a local beer so if you want to take me on for a six pack of Yuengling, you are on. http://www.yuengling.com/index.htm

It's not exactly a Pittsburgh beer but it is a local beer so if you want to take me on for a six pack of Yuengling, you are on. http://www.yuengling.com/index.htm

Pretty sure he was referring to a local microbrew. I like yuengling personally, but it can be bought just about anywhere.

I know no Houston fans have a teste sachel so I won't even bother asking them...

But be warned, Menyoudo is a welcher.

:D

I'll still bite. Just so everyone knows the story. I lost a bet with H8 and tried to have the agreed 30 pack of Bud sent to him. The place screwed up and only sent him a case. I sent H8 multiple PM"s trying to rectify the situation, but, he was more interested in being his typical self than actually coming up with a viable solution, so I gave up.

I sent H8 multiple PM"s trying to rectify the situation, but, he was more interested in being his typical self than actually coming up with a viable solution, so I gave up.

So H8 wasn't open to having you send him another 6-pack to fulfill your promise in the bet? Help me understand. :D

So H8 wasn't open to having you send him another 6-pack to fulfill your promise in the bet? Help me understand. :D

He wanted the beer sent to someone else by a certain date, so I was offering to send him money for the 2nd six-pack. I can't remember who the other Huddler was, but, he even agreed that he would take the money and buy the 6-pack, but, H8 was against that and was just trying to be his typical, difficult self. If that makes me a welcher, than, so be it.

Trust me, H8 didn't care about the 6-pack of beer, he was just giddy that they screwed up and only sent him 24, so that he could go into character.

Edited by Menudo

He wanted the beer sent to someone else by a certain date, so I was offering to send him money for the 2nd six-pack. I can't remember who the other Huddler was, but, he even agreed that he would take the money and buy the 6-pack, but, H8 was against that and was just trying to be his typical, difficult self. If that makes me a welcher, than, so be it.

Trust me, H8 didn't care about the 6-pack of beer, he was just giddy that they screwed up and only sent him 24, so that he could go into character.

:D Whether H8 was going into character or not; or if another Huddler was okay with it seems irrelevant, doesn't it? Wasn't the bet with H8? Wast the bet 24 beers plus a few bucks or 30 beers?

sounds good never tried a Black & Tan in a bottle before I'm game. Do you get Abita up there if not that is what I'll send just need to inform me of what type of beer you like IF you win.(lager,Amber,wheat, etc...)

:D

I'll still bite. Just so everyone knows the story. I lost a bet with H8 and tried to have the agreed 30 pack of Bud sent to him. The place screwed up and only sent him a case. I sent H8 multiple PM"s trying to rectify the situation, but, he was more interested in being his typical self than actually coming up with a viable solution, so I gave up.

OK I'll take my chances. I was kind of hoping you would take up the challenge,after everything I had to read the past year. :D

Some interesting NO-PIT facts as terrible as the Saints have been and as great(?) as Pit has been they are 6-6 in the series with NO winning the last one in 2002. Plus the Saints have never played in Heinz field before.

OK I'll take my chances. I was kind of hoping you would take up the challenge,after everything I had to read the past year. :D

Some interesting NO-PIT facts as terrible as the Saints have been and as great(?) as Pit has been they are 6-6 in the series with NO winning the last one in 2002. Plus the Saints have never played in Heinz field before.

Sure, I'll take you up on it. Only thing is, I'm not sure what beer to send. Yuengling is the big one in my area, but, Skippy is handling that. Any PA people have any ideas of what I can send ?

:D Whether H8 was going into character or not; or if another Huddler was okay with it seems irrelevant, doesn't it? Wasn't the bet with H8? Wast the bet 24 beers plus a few bucks or 30 beers?

Shocking that you are chiming in where you don't belong to go against me. Your obsession is unbelievable. The bet was for a 30-pack, which is what I made arrangements to have sent. They only sent 24, so I offered to send money for a 6-pack, but, H8 was more interested in being able to rip me for not living up to my end of the deal that an actually accepting the money for the leftover 6-pack. I'll still pay him the money, or send him a 6-pack if he wants it, but, my guess is that isn't what he is interested in.

Sure, I'll take you up on it. Only thing is, I'm not sure what beer to send. Yuengling is the big one in my area, but, Skippy is handling that. Any PA people have any ideas of what I can send ?

I have no problem with that I'll just take a different style if I win. like the Porter since i'm partial to dark beer.

sounds good never tried a Black & Tan in a bottle before I'm game. Do you get Abita up there if not that is what I'll send just need to inform me of what type of beer you like IF you win.(lager,Amber,wheat, etc...)

Hey Slayer, I'm not into the beer thing very much but if Yuengling is to common and not really what you would want to bet for then I will investigate with a freind of mine that is into the mico brews and see if there is a better option.

Just let me know.

As for me, as I have pointed out, I am not really into beers all that much so really you don't have to kill yourself over me. I prefer a good old traditional larger but Abita sounds fine as it is not around the Pittsburgh area.

Edited by Skippy

You could get Troegs (Harrisburg). You should be able to find Victory where you are, its very good. Or try Lionshead from Wilkes-Barre, its only $12 a case.

Edit- If you do Yuengling go with the Porter or Lord Chesterfield Ale

Edited by Zooty

You could get Troegs (Harrisburg). You should be able to find Victory where you are, its very good. Or try Lionshead from Wilkes-Barre, its only $12 a case.

Edit- If you do Yuengling go with the Porter or Lord Chesterfield Ale

Yea just what I want a $12 a case beer hell I can get Olympia and Busch if i want rot gut beer.

Yuengling will do, never had it before.

H8 was more interested in being able to rip me for not living up to my end

All I wanted was the other 6, you have never offered to send that. never.

The party you sent the underbet 24 pack to was I Like Soup, he told you not to worry about the cash for the 6, my attorney, foreskins, informs me Soup does not in fact have Power Of Attorney to make such decisions on my behalf.

You send me a 6 pack of Budweiser, I'll quit calling you a welcher. Til then, you are the very definition of a welcher.

All I wanted was the other 6, you have never offered to send that. never.

The party you sent the underbet 24 pack to was I Like Soup, he told you not to worry about the cash for the 6, my attorney, foreskins, informs me Soup does not in fact have Power Of Attorney to make such decisions on my behalf.

You send me a 6 pack of Budweiser, I'll quit calling you a welcher. Til then, you are the very definition of a welcher.

::D Your address might help matters, but, when I asked for it before, you were much more interested in continuing your show.....

I, like many others, bet quite a bit against other huddlers. Knowing the bet welchers who roam our boards is in everyone's best interest.

If you feel I am a welcher, then don't bet against me. Problem solved.

If you feel I am a welcher, then don't bet against me. Problem solved.

My sense of civic duty goes above and beyond my own interest. As someone who has made sigline bets, charity bets, and straight out $$ bets, I don't like seeing anyone on these boards making bets with welchers. Looking from the outside in, it's seems fairly obvious you didn' fulfill your bet with H8tank and then shifted the blame on everyone else and everything else while not taking care of your promise.

Hey Slayer, I'm not into the beer thing very much but if Yuengling is to common and not really what you would want to bet for then I will investigate with a freind of mine that is into the mico brews and see if there is a better option.

Just let me know.

As for me, as I have pointed out, I am not really into beers all that much so really you don't have to kill yourself over me. I prefer a good old traditional larger but Abita sounds fine as it is not around the Pittsburgh area.

You should like their Amber then, it's a very good non-heavy brew.

It still has a limited distribution area. Closest for Slayer is in Alabama.

(And none in Georgia :D )

Yeah, sucks...I have to go over to Mobile to get it...which is actually illegal if I bring it back even for consumption. Mississippi has stupid liquor laws. :D