[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Belll...Did He Leave Yards On The Field?

Endzone

Will Shanny bench him again for not follwing game plan or leaving yards on the field? The game wasn't shown in our area?

I was just curious if his performance against the Chiefs will impact his playing time or status for next week for those who saw the game. He had only 10 carries.

He was brutal last night....running into his own lineman and falling, failing to hit holes with any sort of decisiveness...the stats he posted were well deserved. Worse, as the Broncos were trying to mount a drive after they had cut the margin to six points by holding KC to a field goal, he dropped an easy screen pass that would have kept the potential go-ahead drive going.

JMO, but I think we have seen the last of any real contribution from him...I can't imagine Shanny giving him the nod as his primary ball carrier after last night's performance, unless the entire RBBC is hurt.

He was brutal last night....running into his own lineman and falling, failing to hit holes with any sort of decisiveness...the stats he posted were well deserved. Worse, as the Broncos were trying to mount a drive after they had cut the margin to six points by holding KC to a field goal, he dropped an easy screen pass that would have kept the potential go-ahead drive going.

JMO, but I think we have seen the last of any real contribution from him...I can't imagine Shanny giving him the nod as his primary ball carrier after last night's performance, unless the entire RBBC is hurt.

Don't agree at all. KC was in the backfield on EVERY running attempt, there was no room to run , even if it were LT or LJ. When Nash came in to sub, he was met with the same fate. KC had a plan to stop the run and make Plummer throw the ball, it worked well. I dont think Tatum, Cobbs could have mustered another inch more then Mike or Damien.

Edited by theeohiostate

Don't agree at all. KC was in the backfield on EVERY running attempt, there was no room to run , even if it were LT or LJ. When Nash came in to sub, he was met with the same fate. KC had a plan to stop the run and make Plummer throw the ball, it worked well. I dont think Tatum, Cobbs could have mustered another inch more then Mike or Damien.

I agree with you that KC certainly was looking to contain the run, I was about to post that Damien Nash didn't post stellar numbers either.

Too bad Mike Bell dropped that one pass out in the flat, it looked like he would have had some room to gain some very good yardage on that play.

But who knows what Shanahan is thinking. He might just activate T Bell and Cobbs for the next game and bench M Bell and Nash because they both couldn't get it done against KC.

well, i only caught the end of the game because the people's house i was at for thanksgiving didn't think they got the NFL network and we only realized that they actually did get it midway through the 3rd quarter :D

But, Mike did not look with it last night. yes, KC's run defense was good, but he made a few mental mistakes that undrafted rookies can't afford to make.

Edited by Jackass

I get the feeling that they might not wait until Tatum is 100%, as previously reported.

And I agree, it was not all Mike Bell's fault Thursday night...KC played very well, and the Denver O-line got pushed around all game.

That being said, if I am given a job, and I fail (whether its my fault or someone else's), I would expect to be demoted or fired.