[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Foster OUT, D.Williams to start

theeohiostate

DeAngelo Williams is reportedly expected to start Sunday, according to FoxSports.com.

Take this with a grain of salt until it's official. DeShaun Foster isn't expected to play. If Williams starts against the leaky Redskins, he'd be a good RB2 option in fantasy leagues.

rotoworld

Nothing concrete, but this appears to be DW's coming out party vs the Skins. If he get's all the totes(minus Hoovers touches) he could put a big day with some recieving pts as well.

Not starting him because I have Gore and LJ, but will he get no GL carries in favor of Hoover, or is that a see as we go type of thing?

Just put him into my lineup over Lundy but I'll stillmonitor the situation. Williams has been sitting on my bench since the draft and with all the ankle sprains my team has suffered the last few weeks this could be the week he starts to pay off for me

I'm in a similar spot, today the patience pays off - I'm starting him ahead of McAllister.

Not starting him because I have Gore and LJ, but will he get no GL carries in favor of Hoover, or is that a see as we go type of thing?

I saw something on rotoworld earlier this week, said "Hoover will continue to vulture the goalline carries". Kinda' confused me as Hoover only has 1 rushing TD so far this season - Carolina as a team only has 6, with 2 to Foster, one to DW, 1 to Hoover, 1 to Steve Smith and I don't know where the other 1 is (Delhomme has none). Not that much to vulture so far.

I too have been sitting on Williams all year, and am also starting him today...but out of necessity.

I don't know if I'd start him over Lundy, McCallister, etc...while Williams upside is hugh, does everyone really think he is going to carry a full load today? Last week, I saw FOUR different Panthers toting the rock: Foster, Williams, Hoover and Goings.

With Foster out, I expect Williams to get a few more touches...but I also expect Hoover and Goings to get a few more, too. 12- 15 carries for Williams looks about right. And if he gets 5.0 YPC, he'd end up with 60-75 yards. Mediocre.

Also know that the Redskins are poor vs. the pass, and it may be a day where teh run sets up the pass. I see today's game as a bigger one for Delhomme/Smith, not Williams.

He may surprise me, but at this point, I'd rather go with someone who has already proven he can be a producing memeber of a RBBC (McCallister, Kundy, Barber, Jones, Dillon, etc.).

I too have been sitting on Williams all year, and am also starting him today...but out of necessity.

I don't know if I'd start him over Lundy, McCallister, etc...while Williams upside is hugh, does everyone really think he is going to carry a full load today? Last week, I saw FOUR different Panthers toting the rock: Foster, Williams, Hoover and Goings.

With Foster out, I expect Williams to get a few more touches...but I also expect Hoover and Goings to get a few more, too. 12- 15 carries for Williams looks about right. And if he gets 5.0 YPC, he'd end up with 60-75 yards. Mediocre.

Also know that the Redskins are poor vs. the pass, and it may be a day where teh run sets up the pass. I see today's game as a bigger one for Delhomme/Smith, not Williams.

He may surprise me, but at this point, I'd rather go with someone who has already proven he can be a producing memeber of a RBBC (McCallister, Kundy, Barber, Jones, Dillon, etc.).

Thats a good point about them rotating the other backs and may not get production. I picked up D. Williams this week off the waivers(I know..got lucky) and was going to start him over Samkon Gado(had Foster originally) against the Jets. I think I have a better shot with Gado this week since Williams is officially under the "radar" for the rest of this year and starting next year. :D

DW had 20 carries last week with Foster playing for most of the game. If Foster is out from the start and the Panthers once again play with the lead (expected) why would anyone think his carries would decrease by 25-30%? That makes no sense at all. I see a nice day for DW, maybe 90+ total yards and I score (through the air, I think). Now Lundy, there is a guy only getting 12-15 carries at best splitting evenly with Gado.

We've got conflicting reports here fellas. :D

This is from todays local wrag.

November 26, 2006, 06:29

Panthers :: RB

Panthers RB Foster May Play?

Stan Olson, Charlotte Observer - [Full Article]

It appeared RB DeShaun Foster's hyperextended elbow would sideline him today, but he practiced Friday and should play. That will disappoint a lot of RB DeAngelo Williams' fans after Williams rushed for 114 yards a week ago. But you can't overlook the fact that Foster had 63 yards on nine carries (7.0 average) before being injured in the second quarter.

www.charlotte.com

per cbs

DeShaun Foster, RB CAR

News: Carolina RB DeShaun Foster is inactive for Sunday's game against Washington. He is dealing with an elbow injury.

Analysis: Reserve Foster immediately and keep an eye on his status for Week 13 against Philadelphia. DeAngelo Williams will start in his place

per cbs

DeShaun Foster, RB CAR

News: Carolina RB DeShaun Foster is inactive for Sunday's game against Washington. He is dealing with an elbow injury.

Analysis: Reserve Foster immediately and keep an eye on his status for Week 13 against Philadelphia. DeAngelo Williams will start in his place

WHOOO HOOO!!! :D

3rd and 9 and CAR hands off to Nick Goings. NICK GOINGS. I know, 3rd down back, catch the D off guard etc. but c'mon now.

CAR wants to win the game, right? Is that a safe assumption? :D

FF aside, Goings has proven that he can get some very tough yards when he's not the full time back. I'm a hardcore D. Williams fan, and I want him to get as many touches as possible...But nothing wrong with a little try to Goings, especially in a big time defensive game like todays.

FF aside, Goings has proven that he can get some very tough yards when he's not the full time back. I'm a hardcore D. Williams fan, and I want him to get as many touches as possible...But nothing wrong with a little try to Goings, especially in a big time defensive game like todays.

Nevertheless, he is Nick Goings. He's the guy who runs the ball when your starting RB & your backup RB are hurt. He is the scrappy white guy and that's great but it's 3rd and 9! Already a low % play to run on 3rd and 9 and you're going to put it in his hands? Not Steve Smith, not Keyshawn, not DeAngelo, at best your 4th best player? Some of these teams are just setting themselves up to fail.

Disclaimer: I'm not watching the game. I'm "watching" it & others on yahoo gamechannel.

Nevertheless, he is Nick Goings. He's the guy who runs the ball when your starting RB & your backup RB are hurt. He is the scrappy white guy and that's great but it's 3rd and 9! Already a low % play to run on 3rd and 9 and you're going to put it in his hands? Not Steve Smith, not Keyshawn, not DeAngelo, at best your 4th best player? Some of these teams are just setting themselves up to fail.

Disclaimer: I'm not watching the game. I'm "watching" it & others on yahoo gamechannel.

Carolina many times a game will just try to get positive yardage for a punt. The defense has been playing completely lights out so Foxy has no problem going 3 and out or just trying for a few yards on a 3rd down...very conservative.

Carolina many times a game will just try to get positive yardage for a punt. The defense has been playing completely lights out so Foxy has no problem going 3 and out or just trying for a few yards on a 3rd down...very conservative.

I hear ya. Conservative play-calling just drives me crazy. (PTSD from years of Dan Reeves.) Like that last drive which ended with another Goings run on 3rd and 14. I think Fox is trying to kill me.