[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tipping the carpenter

Kid Cid

During my build, I only tipped the moving people. Sears was delivering my washer/dryer and I had an old 52" TV I had bought from Sears that I didn't know the top separated from the bottom. We had jagged up the wall trying to move it up the stairs. I mentioned this to the two guys and they had it separated and moved upstairs in 10 minutes. They didn't expect anything but slipped them each a $20. Never tipped the carpenters, electricians or any of the other trade guys.

I'm with the no tipping crowd. Give him a nice letter of refferal with your contact information on it so that other prospective clients can call you to ask about your experience with him. This will do far more for him than couple of c-notes. And don't worry, you won't be called often or at all, because your letter will tell them about your good experience, and people rarely contact references.

10%

I agree with this. How about carry out when you go in and they print off the credit card receipt that has the tip option? Usually I put Zero but I did tip a couple bucks the other day because I felt bad for the bar tender because her waitstaff was shafting her at the time. In hindsight I should have gave $0 in that instance but maybe a tip is necessary even on a pickup carry out? I mean I wouldn't tip the Pizza place on a pickup?

I agree with this. How about carry out when you go in and they print off the credit card receipt that has the tip option? Usually I put Zero but I did tip a couple bucks the other day because I felt bad for the bar tender because her waitstaff was shafting her at the time. In hindsight I should have gave $0 in that instance but maybe a tip is necessary even on a pickup carry out? I mean I wouldn't tip the Pizza place on a pickup?

Restaurants - I'll tip 10% or if it's under $20 I'll tip $2. I've gotten better service from those bartenders at times than the waiters when eating in. One place will give me a free beer now when I'm waiting.

Pizza Places - no tip

During my build, I only tipped the moving people. Sears was delivering my washer/dryer and I had an old 52" TV I had bought from Sears that I didn't know the top separated from the bottom. We had jagged up the wall trying to move it up the stairs. I mentioned this to the two guys and they had it separated and moved upstairs in 10 minutes. They didn't expect anything but slipped them each a $20. Never tipped the carpenters, electricians or any of the other trade guys.

I tipped the electrician that prewired all of my ceiling fans and extra lights. I knew the guy and he prewired 5 ceiling fans, a light in our breakfast room and the light over the pool table. He saw the light for the pool table and even hung it up for me and made sure it was level. He charged me $300 for all of this, I gave him an extra $50 and (2) 30 packs of miller lite. Luckily I knew the guy or I would of been charged $100 per prewire