[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My most unbelievable season in 17 years...

DMD

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the combined $11k, Dorey and Squirrel are filming a FF version of "Waiting to Exhale."

Contract negotiations still ongoing to decide if they want Whitney (Houston) to play Dorey or not.

I have always been told that a movie of my life would be played by John Cusak... no wait... maybe that was John Goodman. Yeah, I think it was Goodman.

And I am not going to ban RiffRaff. He's been banned so many times by now I think he has built up an immunity. Either that or he figured out the admin password again.

Congrats DMD. Amazingly enough, I had the same picks as you in my draft except that I had R. Williams instead of C. Johnson (LT, Gore, Gates I did have). I also won my FFL Championship. This was my first year with "The Huddle"...I'll be back!

btw, Only a measly $800 compared to your $10k. :D

I'm basking in the glow as well.

Bah, I wouldn't get banned for making the name comment. No ill will was intended or implied. It just rolled along with the obvious joke.

Besides, I have nothing against the name Whitney. It is the name of a very good academic high school in southern California. (Presidential Blue Ribbon school). Been a good school as far back as I can remember.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitney_High_...os,_California)

10K to 1K from 1st place to second place? Holy crap. What did the 3rd place finisher get - a pair of tube socks?

How much was the entry fee?

Entry fee was $200. However, you had an upper limit of $100 in free agency bidding during the year, which was charged to you in real dollars. I spent $91 in transaction fees, so I spent $291 total.

There were 16 twelve team leagues. The championship game for the league was played in week 12, which pitted the team with the best record vs the team with the next highest score. (In a foreshadowing of things to come, a team past me in week 11 to make the championship game). The winner of the championship game received $1000, and loser received $200.

Each league championship game participants proceeded to the playoffs(32 teams). Then, the next highest 64 scoring team regardless of league advanced. Each team started with a base score of your season average, and then your score for weeks 13-16.

Playoff were as follows:

The Draft Champion = $10,000(DMD)

Second Place = $1,000(me)

Third Place = $500

Fourth Place = $250

Sorry to be so lengthy, but I was trying to answer several questions(and some future questions) in one post.

10K to 1K from 1st place to second place? Holy crap. What did the 3rd place finisher get - a pair of tube socks?

How much was the entry fee?

How about spreading the wealth to the 1st 500 members? :D:D:clap:

Either that or Tube Socks! :bash:

Congrats!!!

Congrats, DMD! Well deserved. Your championship had some similarities to my lost championship. Unfortunately, I was "the other guy" taking his lumps with Coles+Barber in Week 16, immediately after reaping the rewards of their Week 15 performances. And then, my opponent also had Gore, to go along with Dayne and MJD, and I was toast.

Yes, Gore was probably one of the top value picks in the '06 fantasy drafts. Great pick!

Thanks for the weekly projections and valued articles in '06. Happy '07.