[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mora Fired

jake_the_builder

blame Vick all you want but the whole team played well below its talent and potential... lack of focus, lack of attention to detail, and lack of accountability. the HC can't play the game but the blame for the above 3 shortfalls lies with the HC and his staff.

When the team is one-dimensional because the QB can't pass ... it shouldn't come as a surprise that the team is not cohesive (sp?) and turmoil.

When the team is one-dimensional because the QB can't pass ... it shouldn't come as a surprise that the team is not cohesive (sp?) and turmoil.

that's so tired. because Vick can't pass causes 3 1st round WRs to drop sure catches.

because they can't pass is why the D was getting burned every which way.

because they can't pass is why they're at the bottom in almost every passing D category.

because they can't pass is why they ran the ball only 19 times in a game lost by one TD.

because they can't pass is why the Head Coach wasn't sure of the implications of a late season game.

because they can't pass is why with 2 weeks left and the team still in the playoff picture is talking, even if it was jokingly, about getting another job.

because they can't pass is why on a series plays in goal to go or short yardage situations you (the #1 rushing offense in the league) call 7, 9, even 11 step drops... sometimes out of the shotgun.

that's so tired. because Vick can't pass causes 3 1st round WRs to drop sure catches.

because they can't pass is why the D was getting burned every which way.

because they can't pass is why they're at the bottom in almost every passing D category.

because they can't pass is why they ran the ball only 19 times in a game lost by one TD.

because they can't pass is why the Head Coach wasn't sure of the implications of a late season game.

because they can't pass is why with 2 weeks left and the team still in the playoff picture is talking, even if it was jokingly, about getting another job.

because they can't pass is why on a series plays in goal to go or short yardage situations you (the #1 rushing offense in the league) call 7, 9, even 11 step drops... sometimes out of the shotgun.

Do you know how an arch is built? Did you know that none of the pieces would stand without the keystone at the top?

Envision that ... now think about the impact of having an inconsistent underachieving multi-million dollar QB under center ... with Vick at QB none of the other pieces have a chance to stand for long.

Do you know how an arch is built? Did you know that none of the pieces would stand without the keystone at the top?

Envision that ... now think about the impact of having an inconsistent underachieving multi-million dollar QB under center ... with Vick at QB none of the other pieces have a chance to stand for long.

:D this is a very rosey posey Disney feelgood sports summer blockbuster of the year view of how a football organization is built and thrives. thx for the architecture lesson btw.

even in taking your very low opinion of Vick as fact, it still doesn't account for the many other deficiencies within the organization. NO NFL organization is one man by himself, ALL the time.

sure some teams would be worse off but good teams manage to do well and even win even when their "keystone" lets them down.

**EDIT: i'm an ATL fan. while you won't hear me saying that Vick is God's gift, I will say that without Vick ATL is much worse off. in fact I'd say Vick is about the only good thing they have. Take that and your and most everyone's opinion of Vick and that should speak volumes towards the state of the organization. and yes, yes Schaub has looked ok but i've seen nothing from Schaub in his limited PT that says to me they'd suddenly become a 9-11 win team. the D would still suck, the WRs would still drop passes, and the staff would still be lackadaisical in their game prep and game mgmt.

Edited by kingfish247

:D this is a very rosey posey Disney feelgood sports summer blockbuster of the year view of how a football organization is built and thrives. thx for the architecture lesson btw.

even in taking your very low opinion of Vick as fact, it still doesn't account for the many other deficiencies within the organization. NO NFL organization is one man by himself, ALL the time.

sure some teams would be worse off but good teams manage to do well and even win even when their "keystone" lets them down.

**EDIT: i'm an ATL fan. while you won't hear me saying that Vick is God's gift, I will say that without Vick ATL is much worse off. in fact I'd say Vick is about the only good thing they have. Take that and your and most everyone's opinion of Vick and that should speak volumes towards the state of the organization. and yes, yes Schaub has looked ok but i've seen nothing from Schaub in his limited PT that says to me they'd suddenly become a 9-11 win team. the D would still suck, the WRs would still drop passes, and the staff would still be lackadaisical in their game prep and game mgmt.

While all the blame cannot be laid at Vick's feet, I do believe that it takes a special someone to lead an NFL team and elevate the play of other around him. Vick does not posses the leadership qualities it takes to be an NFL QB. He is selfish, egotistical, easy to point fingers, average NFL QB. All his fancy running can't cover that up, no matter how hard you Vick lovers try. He just doesn't have "it". After 6 years and now going on 7 when will you take the blinders off and see him for what he truly is: a bust.

P.S. I personally think the team would be better off without Vick.

Edited by tosberg34

usual Vick apologist response ... Vick needs an all-world team, coaching staff and organization to succeed. Of course that all-world team, coaching staff and organization wouldn't be required to cover up Vick's quite apparent deficiencies at QB ... nah.

Saying that Vick is the best thing the organization has and that Atlanta would be much worse off without him is the same as saying finishing in the middle of the pack every year is good because you didn't finish last.

It looks to me like 32 teams have brought race cars to the track. Each car is customized by the individual organizations with the things they believe will make their car go faster. Atlanta is the only team to have a governor on their car. The fans accept this because while their car can't go as fast as most of the others (due to the governor, Vick) most of the time it finishes in the top 20, which is better than finishing in the bottom 12.

So I hope you Vick apologists continue to enjoy watching other cars pass the Atlanta car on a regular basis as the Atlanta car tops out at speeds well below the other cars on the track.

Is Schaub the answer? I don't know. But I do know that Vick ISN'T the answer. And as long as Atlanta is content to live with a multi-million dollar QB that can't read defenses and is a below average passer simply because he can be exciting to watch then they will flounder in a well deserved mediocrity.

Good luck with that.

Edited by Grits and Shins

usual Vick apologist response ... Vick needs an all-world team, coaching staff and organization to succeed. Of course that all-world team, coaching staff and organization wouldn't be required to cover up Vick's quite apparent deficiencies at QB ... nah.

Saying that Vick is the best thing the organization has and that Atlanta would be much worse off without him is the same as saying finishing in the middle of the pack every year is good because you didn't finish last.

It looks to me like 32 teams have brought race cars to the track. Each car is customized by the individual organizations with the things they believe will make their car go faster. Atlanta is the only team to have a governor on their car. The fans accept this because while their car can't go as fast as most of the others (due to the governor, Vick) most of the time it finishes in the top 20, which is better than finishing in the bottom 12.

So I hope you Vick apologists continue to enjoy watching other cars pass the Atlanta car on a regular basis as the Atlanta car tops out at speeds well below the other cars on the track.

Is Schaub the answer? I don't know. But I do know that Vick ISN'T the answer. And as long as Atlanta is content to live with a multi-million dollar QB that can't read defenses and is a below average passer simply because he can be exciting to watch then they will flounder in a well deserved mediocrity.

Good luck with that.

Well said.

And LMAO @ the Vickheads.

Good luck with that.

was i apologizing for Vick? show me where I was and I'll crawl back into the hole i came from. you won't find me every apologizing for Vick because he's apart of the organization and the organization is broken.

pretty usual response by someone that has it out for Vick if you ask me. blame the guy that makes the most money because he's the QB, he makes the most money and therefore must single handedly will and carry them to EVERY one of their victories.

remove Vick from the team. throw in any other "keystone" player and the Falcons are still an 8-8/sub .500 team. it's hard to have a winning record when you can't cover anyone, you're not forcing turnovers, you can't consistently protect the passer, your GM overpays for middle of the road injury prone FAs, and you have knuckleheads as coaches. you're right, Vick isn't the answer but he's not the problem.

was i apologizing for Vick? show me where I was and I'll crawl back into the hole i came from. you won't find me every apologizing for Vick because he's apart of the organization and the organization is broken.

pretty usual response by someone that has it out for Vick if you ask me. blame the guy that makes the most money because he's the QB, he makes the most money and therefore must single handedly will and carry them to EVERY one of their victories.

remove Vick from the team. throw in any other "keystone" player and the Falcons are still an 8-8/sub .500 team. it's hard to have a winning record when you can't cover anyone, you're not forcing turnovers, you can't consistently protect the passer, your GM overpays for middle of the road injury prone FAs, and you have knuckleheads as coaches. you're right, Vick isn't the answer but he's not the problem.

Vick apologist = somebody making excuses for Vick ... you are telling me that you aren't making excuses for him? As I look back at your responses it seems as if you attempted to lay out more than several reasons why Vick sucks, none of them his fault.

I see both agree that Vick is NOT the answer ... and he never will be.

Last time I looked Dallas couldn't cover anybody either and is coming up short on turn over margin ... yet they managed a winning record?

he was also just a knucklehead coach.

play calling, game management, and the infamous phoning a friend late last season to ask about the implications of the outcome of the OT game versus Tampa.

the most recent example being the loss to Carolina... you're head and shoulders the #1 rushing offense in the NFL. you lose 10-3. you attempted 19 rushes. Vick attempted 4 rushes (no telling exactly how many were designed or scrambles), a WR attempted the other. only 14 for your RBs. what's wrong with this picture?

blame Vick all you want but the whole team played well below its talent and potential... lack of focus, lack of attention to detail, and lack of accountability. the HC can't play the game but the blame for the above 3 shortfalls lies with the HC and his staff.

OK thx, take your word for it, that's all I was wondering....

Well at least he didn't blow up in an interview and say bad words like "poopy" :D

Can we all agree that Vick is nothing more than an average QB at best, and that his salary prevents the team for picking up the personnel that the team needs to field players needed at other positions? I'm not saying that Vick is the only problem, it is true that their WR production is poor, but how much of that is due to the WR's and how much is Vick?

My dream job would be to be a head coach in the NFL, but if Blank offered me the job tomorrow, I'd turn it down.

My dream job would be to be a head coach in the NFL, but if Blank offered me the job tomorrow, I'd turn it down.

Of course, who wouldn't? I mean, how many of us working schlubs would want to give up a 2 hour-each way daily commute to a thankless job just to coach a mediocre NFL franchise for a million dollars a year?

Of course, who wouldn't? I mean, how many of us working schlubs would want to give up a 2 hour-each way daily commute to a thankless job just to coach a mediocre NFL franchise for a million dollars a year?

For a couple of million a year i'd coach the Raiders.

his salary prevents the team for picking up the personnel that the team needs to field players needed at other positions?

:D

McKay set up Vick's contract in such a way, that it isn't restraing the Falcons at all.

Hence the big FA Hartwell signing two years ago + all their draft picks & the big FA Abraham signing this year + all their draft picks.