[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offensive Rookie of the Year

THE SIX KINGS

Wonderlic scores obviously don't mean everything, but they should be taken into consideration. QBs need to be able to process information quickly. Those that can't will go the way of Kordell or Ryan Leaf.

BTW, Randall Cunningham is a poor example of a "smart" QB. He was never able to grasp the WCO and ended up losing his job in Philly because Gruden's offense was too complicated for him.

wasn't saying Randall was a smart QB but had a decent career.

BTW, Ryan Leaf 27

Peyton Manning 28

Another major sports award given away to someone who did not deserve. the saddest part of it is it does not even suprise me anymore.

Tennessee won despite their offense..not because of it.

Yeah because that was the defense throwing and running for TDs with the game on the line time after time...

Give me a break you haters. VY led the league in comeback victories...AS A ROOKIE!!

No matter how successful he is, some people are just going to hate on him. When he is in the playoffs next year and in the Probowl, they will still say he doesn't deserve it...

One question for all you haters: since he didn't deserve this, did he deserve the National Championship? Or are there excuses for that as well?

:D

Yeah because that was the defense throwing and running for TDs with the game on the line time after time...

Give me a break you haters. VY led the league in comeback victories...AS A ROOKIE!!

No matter how successful he is, some people are just going to hate on him. When he is in the playoffs next year and in the Probowl, they will still say he doesn't deserve it...

One question for all you haters: since he didn't deserve this, did he deserve the National Championship? Or are there excuses for that as well?

:D

:D Great analogy. Compare an award given out to a single player to the award WON by playing a game on the field by a team. Perfect analogy.

Look, all the 'haters' are saying is, MJD was the best rookie, Young was the most valuable. Now, the award IS NOT the MVR, it's the ROY, given the the best rookie!!

And here's the proof. If Reggie Bush had accounted for 17 TDs and 2200+ total yards this year, he wins the award without a second thought. Hell, he finished 5th and accounted for 9 total tds and 1500 yards. But since it was MJD, and since he plays for Jax, one of the smallest markets in the league, he gets no love.

I think it is a really tough call between VY, MJD and Colston.

I tend to go towards MJD. He also had 436 Receiving yards and 2 TDs to go along with his Rushing stats with only one fumble for a total of 1,477 all purpose yards with 15 TDs while sharing time with Fred Taylor. That is pretty amazing IMHO.

I also agree with most comments from Colston, but... Henderson having those good games in his absence obviously shows that Brees played a major role for him.

I believe VY played in Game 2 and took the same snaps as Collins:

Young-----7/19-----106yds------1TD

Collins----6/19------57yds------0TD----2INT

Why do I bring this up because all the VY lovers out there would have counted this game as a win if he would have been able to win the game for the Titans... so... if it's good for a win, it's good for a loss.

Also, VY played games 4, 5 and 6 and lost 2 of them.

His score as a starter should read: 8-6, which is still impressive for a Rookie QB. I do agree that the QB is the position that usually takes longer to develop and what VY did down the stretch was amazing. But I disagree about him being the Starting QB from week 1 because he was there on week 2 and took over on week 4. So technically the Titans only lost him for 3 games, which they obviously lost. I also think that the rebirth of Henry and the good play of the Titans Def in certain games did help with the wins.

Just my :D

Another major sports award given away to someone who did not deserve. the saddest part of it is it does not even suprise me anymore.

Tennessee won despite their offense..not because of it.

:D They finished 16th in pts scored, and 27th in total yds gained. Not particularly great, but better than the 32 in both categories their defense allowed.

In their last 11 games (i.e. the ones young started) they tallied 264 points, 24 per game, and were only held below 20 points once. That's hardly "winning DESPITE offense", even factoring in 8 return tds.

And here's the proof. If Reggie Bush had accounted for 17 TDs and 2200+ total yards this year, he wins the award without a second thought. Hell, he finished 5th and accounted for 9 total tds and 1500 yards. But since it was MJD, and since he plays for Jax, one of the smallest markets in the league, he gets no love.

I lean towards MJD myself, but really have no issue with Young getting the award - it was at worst a coin flip, when you came down to it.