[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints vs Eagles

rajncajn

I think Andy will address those needs( afterall they aren't Wrs) next year in the draft. I just hope he does go after a young stud LB. He has a clear diregard for the LB position.

Gaither is going to be a very nice LB, he has played well beyond anyones expectations for this year...but we do need to bolster the LB corps for sure

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaither is going to be a very nice LB, he has played well beyond anyones expectations for this year...but we do need to bolster the LB corps for sure

Gaither is nice, but we need a better OLB. McCoy sucks, Dahani sucks, Shawn Barber isn't playing much. I would have liked Michael Lewis to swith to LB.

I want to know where is Swami? Been flapping off being the sig sarge for two weeks and we have not seen his reply. So it ain't so swami, you are planning to paticipate I hope :D

Still no reply and he has been seen around the boards. Nice fans you got there eagles they jump off the band wagon when the tough games come around.

Dhani Jones has to go and he can take his stupid "air guitar" routine with him.

That guy really bugs me.

Dhani Jones has to go and he can take his stupid "air guitar" routine with him.

That guy really bugs me.

+1

So ... do we have a summary of who's in for both sides and what's at stake?

Slayer - you still up for a little side bet?

What do you have in mind?

As of now we have:

Saints-

Rajn- sig (if can keep memorial) and avi

Slayer- sig and avi

Mustofbeendrunk- sig and avi

Eagles-

Nextgeneration- sig and avi done

Avernus- sig and avi done

Nsab- sig and avi done

Marauders11- sig and avi

xmrogers- sig and avi

isleseeya- sig and avi

ebartender- sig and avi done

scorcher- avi

keggerz- avi done

nogohawk- avi

swami- sig and avi

hughmongus- sig and avi

zooty- avi done

flyeaglesfly- sig and avi

Need to agree on terms- I like idea of avy until end of Super Bowl

Edited by SLAYER

As of now we have:

Saints-

Slayer- sig and avi

Eagles-

Nextgeneration- sig and avi

Avernus- sig and avi

Nsab- sig and avi

Marauders11- sig and avi

xmrogers- sig and avi

isleseeya- sig and avi

ebartender- sig and avi

scorcher- avi

keggerz- avi

Skins is in for the Saints as well. Can't believe tbimm and Cordo aren't in on this...yet :D

You guys on the Aints side better go recruit some suckers :D

This is a little lopsided.

As of now we have:

Saints-

Slayer- sig and avi

Eagles-

Nextgeneration- sig and avi

Avernus- sig and avi

Nsab- sig and avi

Marauders11- sig and avi

xmrogers- sig and avi

isleseeya- sig and avi

ebartender- sig and avi

scorcher- avi

keggerz- avi

I can undestand why you would, since there won't be any more opportunities for you Saints fans to make another one until next year! We Eagles fans, however, would like to make another one next week with the winner of the SEA/CHI game.

One week.

I can undestand why you would, since there won't be any more opportunities for you Saints fans to make another one until next year! We Eagles fans, however, would like to make another one next week with the winner of the SEA/CHI game.

One week.

Um, the loser won't play any more games and would therefore have to wear the avy till after the Superbowl. What's to stop the winner from making another avy bet next week? :D

Raj, I meant actual Huddlers for the bet, not pretty pics. Piladelphia is going to do you guys a favor. We are sending a bunch of our fans down there. Maybe they can help deal with some of your muggers and murderers for you. I just listened to a radio report about several murders in the last week or so. :D

Skins is in for the Saints as well. Can't believe tbimm and Cordo aren't in on this...yet :bash:

I am only in for avi with Avernus for one month, so I think ours is a side deal just between us unless he says he wants to be in on the group sigline wager. He owns my sig for the offseason already :D and has generously given me a shot at redemption. :D

I want to know where is Swami? Been flapping off being the sig sarge for two weeks and we have not seen his reply. So it ain't so swami, you are planning to paticipate I hope :D

yes, the Swammi is in and rolling with the Birds....sig...avi...both...doesn't matter. The Eagles surprise this week.

Here's how:

The Eagles will control the clock early more than the Saints would like this week, as their newfound success in the running game translates into greater confidence to simply pound Westbrook and Buckl. With the largest OL in the entire NFL, the Eagles take the crowd out of the game early with back-to-back 10+ play drives, resulting in a 1st quarter lead of 10-0.

The Saints offense looks out-of-sync after their two-week layoff...Brees is sacked on each of their 1st two posessions, and young studs Bush and Colston don't seem to be adjusting to the speed of the playoffs. Two possessions, one first down, is all the Saints have to show for the 1st quarter.

In the 2nd quarter, Andy Reid continues to fluster the Saints defense, this time with a drive consisting of more pass than run. With the Saints playing 8 men up, Reid dials ups some play-action fakes to Westbrook while exploiting single-coverage on Brown and Stallworth. The West Coast offense working to perfection, the Eagles move the ball well between the 20's, and add another 6 points to their total, sandwiched around a long Henderson TD pass that sends the teams to the locker room at 16-7, Eagles.

The Birds return to their running game after the break, and a large dose of Westbrook culminates in a 20-yard TD run to make the gap 23-7, as the Saint faithful begin to fear an end to their magical season. But Brees is not done yet. As the game drifts into the 4th quarter, and the Saints abandon the run playing catch-up, their passing game begins to click. Back-up CB Hood is exposed several times on two drives, and a catch-and-run Bush TD reception and a deep ball to Colston with just over 4 minutes left makes the game 23-21.

The Eagles receive the kickoff, and again try to burn some clock with 3 straight Westbrook runs. However, the Saints force the punt after using all their timeouts, and with just over a minute left to play, its Saints ball at their 32. Brees completes two straight passes sending the Saints to the Eagles 40, but the clock is running. Two straight incomplete passes bring up an important 3rd down with just 15 seconds left in the game. As the Saints try to pick up another 10 yards on a qucik out-route, Brees is sacked by Trent Cole, and the clock gently ticks away to "0:00" as the Saints are unable to get the FG unit on in time to try to 57-yard kick.

So there you have it, in all its glory....Eagles 23, Saints 21, in a thriller. :D

So to answer your question, yes, I am in for the bet!!