[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OSU vs Florida

theeohiostate

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

I think we've played tough competition before :D

The OSU layoff is making Florida look like world beater tonight. Congrats to the Gators, they came to play and had an excellent gameplan. Tressel and staff appear to have left their cliffnotes on the team play, to get to Smith next interview in time for a guest appearance.

My gawd - how is the connection in the Mental facility?? you are honestly making excuses for this debacle?. Layoff? :doh: how about a self-imposed exile ala Sarge- yer complete idiocy just peaked with this ass whooping by FLA. My gawd, can you and Brian now admit, uh maybe the Big 10 was a perhaps. a bit down this year??? :bash::clap::tup:

at least you have Greg Odoen

I have to say, regardless of OSU playing it's worst game in a century and not being perpared , viewing too many of their press clippings. One thing will ALWAYS be certain

OSU has the best damn band in the land. SEC sucks in comparison.

You know it's really funny that you say that! I'm just a rookie with a "piss poor post", however it wasn't too far off now was it? I am so lucky to be able to be the first to shove it straight in an OSU fans' face! If you will look at my first post ever, just in case you forgot...

Florida-38

OSU-31

SEC-7-0 in bowl games against OSU

OSU-0-7 in bowl games against SEC

I don't see why tradition is gonna change this year.

Boise State will be the only undefeated team in D-1 this year, thus bringing more controversy than in 2003 when the Championship was split...

...and this being my third post, I am happy, but also a little disappointed. Happy I was right about Florida showing the Scmuckeyes what SEC football is all about (Big 12 fan to the end, but I am also a realist). But I was a little disappointed with all this hype about OSU, and they couldn't even score twice on offense! Not even a field goal! Troy Smith 4-14 for 35? That's straight POP WARNER! Your big time coach Jim Tressell went for it on 4th and 1 on their own 30 early in the 3rd. Suffering succotash!? Tebow Accounted for more plays and better stats than the ENTIRE OSU Squad, let alone HEISMAN WINNER, TROY SMITH! And Boise State is just pissed right now! The only undefeated team in D-1. Some body needs to get Jim Mora involved....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3NDiMorX-o

Sound familiar OSU fan? :D

I guess we can say now...OSU 0 and SEC 8

Oh it feels good! Go and hide! Go hang out with your coach and figure things out for next year...wait maybe two years...oh wow who knows? Maybe Maurice Clarette has a cousin somewhere!

I thought you might like this Mr. TheOhioState...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NraSUWJT7_o

Or maybe you like this better! GET YOUR GOOSE ON DOG!!!

Edited by KSUChiefsTarheelFan

It gets VERY tiresome seeing people think that SEC teams should be ranked 1-12 in the BCS, and then the rest of CFB should sort it out.

SEC is a premier conference, but so are the Big Ten and Big 12 (North, at least). One isn't dominant over the other year in and year out, and all are on equal footing. Blind-ass homerism gets tiresome after exposure of more than 30 seconds.

Jeezus H Chavez- enough of this drivel- you name the Big 10 and Big 12 N ahead of the Pac 10 - effing clueless go back to the NFL posts- you usually know your sh1t - but enough of this garbage- The Pac 10 is clearly ahead of the SLow 10 and Little 12, and it is not even close- get yer head out of the hearltand.

I'm a big ten homer, and I give credit where credit is due, and the SEC is the supreme ruler of college football in 2006. I can't say how impressed I am at this performance by the Florida Gators. To hold an offense like Ohio State to under 100 yards of total offense is one of the best performances I've seen in my lifetime.

:D stay classy Des Moines.

solid post

well well, FLa represents for the SEC niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllyyyy.

Much like us fans with some brains figured- the Big 10 was BAD this year- and Fla dominated them - TOS has to be on the verge of puking now, jeez what a disgrace. Completely dominated and outclassed, outcoached. It wa s like wacthing an NFL team dummy a middle tier Big 10 team, faster, stronger, more athletic at evey position.

Pretty obvious to me- only 2 teams can play with Florida- LSU & USC -

would have been nice to see some combo of those play each other at least.... oh well.

Pretty obvious to me- only 2 teams can play with Florida- LSU & USC -

would have been nice to see some combo of those play each other at least.... oh well.

LSU and USC both lost multiple games. OSU and Michigan played strong the entire year, then fell apart bowl time. USC and LSU had no business playing Ohio State.

I live in Big D, where are you from. And Id hardly call TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... owning anyone, but A@M, oh wait nevermind. :D

:D Denton, and he is a Michigan fan.

I don't think Wildcat is saying that USC of LSU got unfairly passed over. I don't see what is so hard to understand about that.

my point is that to say that OSU and Mich cannot play with LSU, USC, FL based on their bowl performances doesn't hold water in my book ... how can you take the worst game played by either team throughout the year and use that to base their competitiveness on? you can't, although a few on here are trying to do just that.

my point is that to say that OSU and Mich cannot play with LSU, USC, FL based on their bowl performances doesn't hold water in my book ... how can you take the worst game played by either team throughout the year and use that to base their competitiveness on? you can't, although a few on here are trying to do just that.

Obviously it is BS to say that OSU and Mich couldn't beat the others and I'm sure nobody really thinks that. I suppose pay back's a female dog. The best we heard out of the Big 10 crowd here was that "maybe FL gives OSU a better game than most think", the worst... well we don't need to go down that path again.

So, if they want to talk like that for 6 weeks straight, they'd better expect the same and more coming back after both Michigan and OSU got waxed in their bowl games.

Obviously it is BS to say that OSU and Mich couldn't beat the others and I'm sure nobody really thinks that. I suppose pay back's a female dog. The best we heard out of the Big 10 crowd here was that "maybe FL gives OSU a better game than most think", the worst... well we don't need to go down that path again.

So, if they want to talk like that for 6 weeks straight, they'd better expect the same and more coming back after both Michigan and OSU got waxed in their bowl games.

well, then if they know it is BS ... they should have at least put their boots on.

LSU and USC both lost multiple games. OSU and Michigan played strong the entire year, then fell apart bowl time. USC and LSU had no business playing Ohio State.

yeah think? - not arguing who deserved playing in the NC game. Just fairly obvious to me, that USC and LSU are the only BCS teams that have the athletes to match up with Florida.

Fell apart?? :D they were dominated by superior athletes and teams. period. One thing to lose, but to be dummied like that says alot.

Not sure how it play out, would have just liked to see USC/LSU/FLA match up in some fashion as a college football fan.

yeah think? - not arguing who deserved playing in the NC game. Just fairly obvious to me, that USC and LSU are the only BCS teams that have the athletes to match up with Florida.

Fell apart?? :D they were dominated by superior athletes and teams. period. One thing to lose, but to be dummied like that says alot.

Not sure how it play out, would have just liked to see USC/LSU/FLA match up in some fashion as a college football fan.

those superior athletes gave up on catching a "lesser" athlete on a kick return :D

as a college football fan how many OSU games did you watch. if you watched any of them you would have known that their play last night was not the ordinary. their o-line stunk, their receivers had problems getting open, their d-line was virtually non-existant, their zone scheme was a joke ... they were outplayed and outcoached and that is all there is too it. florida wanted it more and it showed. but to take the worst game played by OSU this year and base your argument off that is pretty ignorant for a college football fan.

those superior athletes gave up on catching a "lesser" athlete on a kick return :D

as a college football fan how many OSU games did you watch. if you watched any of them you would have known that their play last night was not the ordinary. their o-line stunk, their receivers had problems getting open, their d-line was virtually non-existant, their zone scheme was a joke ... they were outplayed and outcoached and that is all there is too it. florida wanted it more and it showed. but to take the worst game played by OSU this year and base your argument off that is pretty ignorant for a college football fan.

save it, please.

make this quick since your obiviously clueless- obviously Ginn Jr. is a phenom athlete. The Big 10 was bad this year- and Mich OSU showed it clearly. They were overmatched, by faster, more athletic squads on both sides of the ball. You guys need to show some humility, one thing to have Mich/OSU lose hard fought 24-20 games. - but this was embarassing

but anyone who actually knows the game can clearly see they were overmatched by FLA. me, and others have said it all year- Big 10 speed just doesn't match up with the real athletic teams whetehr it be SEC, USC, whoever.

I am not a Big 10 hater, I have no preference whether it be SEC or Big 10. I call it like I see it- The Big was awful, this year from top to bottom. The strength of the SEC was pretty obvious.......

I don't know what color glasses you wacthed this game thru - but get real.

Maybe, just maybe, OSU didn't look as good as they did all year because they hadn't faced an SEC D all year. Certainly Tressel has to take the heat for preparation and playcalling but when your QB has got a guy in his dish all night long, that will pretty much disrupt things. If your WRs can't get open, that may say a lot about the DBs they were facing all year. I mean, Michigan was ranked among the top in D all year but USC had no problem getting open on them. Perhaps feasting on the Iowas and Northwesterns of the world isn't the best way to get prepared for a game like this.

I understand that you can't blame a team for their competition but I did think that this could come back to bite them if things started going against them. That's the problem with not being battle tested much, you don't learn how to figure out ways to win when someone takes away what you want to do.

Now, I'm not saying that OSU's best was not good enough because that was certainly not OSU's best. However, if you don't assign at least some of that to the fact that Florida didn't allow OSU to be their best, you're missing the point entirely.

Edited by detlef