[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Parcells' Replacement

J.D.Morrison

another thing I found interesting....

Garrett, who turns 41 in March, spent all day at Valley Ranch, meeting with both team owner Jerry Jones and his son, Stephen, along with former head coach Bill Parcells, who has remained in his office this week despite announcing his retirement from coaching Monday morning.

I don't know how to link the story here and it's pretty long for a c+p...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another thing I found interesting....

Garrett, who turns 41 in March, spent all day at Valley Ranch, meeting with both team owner Jerry Jones and his son, Stephen, along with former head coach Bill Parcells, who has remained in his office this week despite announcing his retirement from coaching Monday morning.

I don't know how to link the story here and it's pretty long for a c+p...

Here ya go:

:D

Its news on the Dan Patrick National radio show, as well as ESPN even 3 days after the fact. And monopolizd that same show the full 3 hrs on Monday. Id hardly call a National show, as well as ESPN sportscenter a regional thing. Maybe your newspaper needs to get its head out of its ass, and cover the news.

Of course it's news on national outlets that go 24/7. Jeez, anything's news on those, they have to find something to say. As far as regional newspapers go, of course there's going to be massive coverage in the TX area but the rest of us don't give a $hit and neither do our newspapers.

I suppose there'll be a writeup in Soap Opera Digest, though. :D

Not sure...I don't read fiction.

Still hurting over that pathetic QB bobble, eh? Don't worry...the pain will go away in about 10 years. That's the same length of time since your last playoff win, right? :D

Amazing how fans of a ringless organization have some much to say..

Not sure...I don't read fiction.

Still hurting over that pathetic QB bobble, eh? Don't worry...the pain will go away in about 10 years. That's the same length of time since your last playoff win, right? :D

I was never hurt over the bobble. I knew the Dallas D was going to give up a FG even if that FG was made by the Boys. Dallas only shot the way that game was going was to punch it in, and force Seattle to score a TD to beat them.

Surely the Philly newspaper have reported on this story.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Amazing how fans of a ringless organization have some much to say..

Hanging your hat on something that happened almost two decades ago, eh? :D

Ironic that fans of Jets, Colts, Dolphins, etc. don't harp on championships from 15-40 years ago....but I guess since you are frontrunning Cowboy fans, it's all you have at this point, especially with your team on another downward death spiral for the next several seasons.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Surely the Philly newspaper have reported on this story.

Yes they have...and it has been clearly stated by McNabb's agent, the Eagles, and pretty much anyone associated with the story that it was one beat writer's fabrication. No story here...pure fiction.

But best of luck to you with that Jason Garrett thing. Perhaps he is being brought in to try to salvage Romo's crushed confidence?

Ironic that fans of Jets, Colts, Dolphins, etc. don't harp on championships from 15-25 years ago....but I guess since you are frontrunning Cowboy fans, it's all you have at this point, especially with your team on another downward death spiral for the next several seasons.

Deep down Swammi it kills you that you are ringless..Absolutely kills you..You can say "cowboys" and "10 years without a playoff win" all you want but late at night when you are staring at your walls that have a Mo Cheeks Wheaties box on them with cheese steak sauce on your Lindross jersey in the fetal position the pain in knowing that if you won it all 4 years in a row you would still be 1 behind haunts you..Then again you do have Rocky :D

Edited by whomper

Ironic that fans of Jets, Colts, Dolphins, etc. don't harp on championships from 15-25 years ago....but I guess since you are frontrunning Cowboy fans, it's all you have at this point, especially with your team on another downward death spiral for the next several seasons.

What you fail to see, is our franchise has won championships and been the most dominant team of the 90s decade, and a dropped TD pass away from the most dominate in another, the 70's. The Birds best run was this decade and they have nothing but loses to show for any of it.

I can understand why you are bitter, but you do realize, your team has won as many titles in the last 15 yrs, your glory years, as my Boys in a down period of team.

Yes they have...and it has been clearly stated by McNabb's agent, the Eagles, and pretty much anyone associated with the story that it was one beat writer's fabrication. No story here...pure fiction.

But best of luck to you with that Jason Garrett thing. Perhaps he is being brought in to try to salvage Romo's crushed confidence?

Funny, Dhani Jones mentioned the rift. Is he lying as well.

What do you think Andy Reid was before he was hired by the Birds. Jason Garrett + 200 lbs........

Yes, and the Birds suffered sub-.500 seasons thereafter until he got his feet wet..pretty much exactly what I said will happen to the Cowboys over the next few years.

But you miss one big difference....Reid came from an orgainzation that was a winner, and Reid himself was given mucho credit for much of Favre's successes during that run. Garrett's coaching pedigree comes from....the Miami Dolphins?!? I guess all the success he has had coaching Joey Harrington has made him an ideal candidate for Jerry Jones......

Edited by i_am_the_swammi