[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Parcells' Replacement

J.D.Morrison

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I guess those world championships won by the Eagles back in the 50's and 60's don't count?

Oh, that's right....we are only going back to the 70's....my bad. :D

But I'll be honest, the Lindros thing did make me laugh.

LMMFAO, Championships before there was the Super Bowl, and when there were what 10 teams in the league. Oh and there were Superbowls in the 60's too. And the Birds didnt make any of those either.

Really? I guess those world championships won by the Eagles back in the 50's and 60's don't count?

Oh, that's right....we are only going back to the 70's....my bad. :D

But I'll be honest, the Lindros thing did make me laugh.

:bash: I love when Philly fans like to go back to the pre-Super Bowl era, when there were like 8 teams and they wore leather helmets. Yeah, those count. :D

LMMFAO, Championships before there was the Super Bowl, and when there were what 10 teams in the league. Oh and there were Superbowls in the 60's too. And the Birds didnt make any of those either.

Uh oh.....Me & Sarge are thinking alike. :D

:D

Edited by Menudo

See Sarge, I could easily say the same thing about your Super Bowl wins before expansion....its all relative to how you want to spin it. "Dallas Super Bowl wins in the 70's were meaningless beacause there were what, 22 teams?" Makes no sense.

Point is, it's time for you Cowboy fans to let go of your "vaunted" past....it means nothing to anyone with a firm grip on the present....I know its hard, seeing how your team is heading down, rather than up....but really, harping on titles won 30 years ago makes you guys seem more desperate than intimidating.

See Sarge, I could easily say the same thing about your Super Bowl wins before expansion....its all relative to how you want to spin it. "Dallas Super Bowl wins in the 70's were meaningless beacause there were what, 22 teams?" Makes no sense.

Point is, it's time for you Cowboy fans to let go of your "vaunted" past....it means nothing to anyone with a firm grip on the present....I know its hard, seeing how your team is heading down, rather than up....but really, harping on titles won 30 years ago makes you guys seem more desperate than intimidating.

I guess the 3 superbowl wins in the 90's don't count for some reason either :D

And the Lindros comment cracked me up as well :D

Can't believe I'm sticking up for Dallas, but, isn't their having 5 SUPER BOWL WINS and LOMBARDI TROPHIES in the 1990's and 1970's more impressive than Philadelphia's ZERO SUPER BOWL WINS & LOMBARDI trophies. :D

I just wish Philadelphia fans would admit it and stop bragging like their franchise has accomplished something.

Championships are what matter most. You shouldn't ever even enter an argument with a Steelers, 49'ers, or Cowboys fan. You should be seeking out Lions & Cardinals fans to argue with.

Edited by Menudo

Can't believe I'm sticking up for Dallas, but, isn't their having 5 SUPER BOWL WINS and LOMBARDI TROPHIES in the 1990's and 1970's more impressive than Philadelphia's ZERO SUPER BOWL WINS & LOMBARDI trophies. :D

I just wish Philadelphia fans would admit it and stop bragging like their franchise has accomplished something.

:D:bash:

Championships are what matter most. You shouldn't ever even enter an argument with a Steelers, 49'ers, or Cowboys fan. You should be seeking out Lions & Cardinals fans to argue with.

:D

I would like to see Rivera out of all the names thrown around..If we dont get him and we get a norv/ philips type then I firmly believe that coach will be a lame duck and we are going to offer Cowher the kings ransom next year..I think a young Def mind would serve us well if they take Rivera..I saw enough of Romo to know he has the goods and can be groomed into a franchise qb..Im not sold on the fact we are doomed the next couple of years..I think its a talented team that needs to make a few moves and have a good draft..

My Guess is no, thats why I'm thinking that Norv gets the HC job, but is put on a short leash. It will be long enough to season Garrett enough to make him an HC.

Between the two of them, they should be able to bring Romo to the next level

Being a Niner fan I would hate to see Norv go. Our offense is just starting become something again. :D

Heard on the radio today that the Niners are throwing incentives at Norv to stay. I, and many others around here, want the Niners to throw tons of cash at him to make it almost impossible to leave.

Also heard that he is coaching a game this weekend so couldn't even interview until next week? Is that correct or did I hear that wrong?

Also heard that he is coaching a game this weekend so couldn't even interview until next week? Is that correct or did I hear that wrong?

49ers offensive coordinator Norv Turner is expected to interview as well, possibly as early as Sunday. Turner has been in Mobile, Ala., this week at the Senior Bowl with the 49ers' staff coaching the South team.

I think it's

HC--Wade Phillips

OC--Jason Garrett

Concur. Unfortunately, for the Chargers, signs are pointing to Phillips as the Cowboys HC. The 49ers are making a strong play to retain Turner by offering him a nice incentive package. See link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2744279

They really want to hold on to Turner.

Phillips is an outstanding defensive mind, and he'll solidify the 3-4 defense that the Cowboys currently run. The Cowboys sprung a lot of leaks in the defense in the latter part of last season and I gotta think that they view Phillips as a guy who could really fix the parts that were broken. They have a rising star in Garrett to run the offense, so combining him with a defensive guru like Phillips would seem to be a good match.

so right now the cowboys appear to be deciding between norv turner and wade phillips? :D

"new blood" :D:bash::clap:

I think they are trying to wait to interview Ron Rivera personally, or they would have already made an offer to either Norv or Phillips. If it is between those two, I'd much rather have Phillips than Norv. Heck Jerry may be waiting to see if he can some how swing a deal for Lovie that doesn't bankrupt him or mortgage the team's future. Please God, no Norv.

so right now the cowboys appear to be deciding between norv turner and wade phillips? :D

"new blood" :D:bash::clap:

I think the 'Boys will be as good as they have been under Parcells with Phillips.

Norv, not so much.