[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who will be the first to number 6 ?

Menudo

Who will be the first to number 6 ?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the first team to win their 6th Super Bowl ?

• Cowboys (5)
    • 49'ers (5)
    • Steelers (5)
    • Other

With all of the talk about past championships and such, I was just curious who the Huddle Nation thinks will be the first to bring in their 6th Championship. The Cowboys, 49'ers and Steelers all site with 5 titles, while the Patriots, Packers, Redskins, & Raiders have 3.

1. Cowboys - The Cowboys were a playoff team this year, and based on that might be the favorite

at this point.

2. 49'ers - The Niners are definitely heading in the right direction, but, it may still be a bit until they are

serious Super Bowl Championship contenders.

3. Steelers - The Steelers had a dismal 2006, but, are just one year removed from the championship,

and have a lot of solid pieces in place.

So, who do you think gets it done 1st ?

:D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to go with Dallas. At this point they are closer to it than the 49rs and the Steelers. The 49rs have no defense at all. The The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY lucked into the SB last year, and were giving the game by the officials. They only have one proven WR, and do not have a good short yardage RB. Dallas was a playoff team last year with a first year starter at QB. Romo needs some more seasoning, and Dallas needs to address FS, CB, and pass rushing. If Ellis comes back healthy, he will take care of the pass rusher which will make the CB and FS look better. Dallas got beat deep a lot last year, with Ellis healthy, they opposing teams will not have as much time to sit in the pocket waiting on those deep plays to develop. If they can get a stud FS either in FA or in the draft then they can put Roy Williams up in the box where he thrives. I've heard rumors that they were thinking of moving Henry to FS, which would be great. He is a larger CB, and while he doesn't have great coverage skills as a CB, he would as far as FSs go. Then they need to add one starting CB and one project CB in either the draft or FA.

Uhhh, by watching their play the past 2 years as opposed to the previous 4?

I'm a strong believer the the "3 year window" theory. NE superceded that by a year, though when they won the SB vs the Rams, they probably ought to have lost that game. NE ought to fade a bit in the next couple of years & then if they can add some significant pieces they will start to rebound. If history has taught us anything, it's that the good to great organizations in the NFL during the salary cap era are cyclical.

:D They led for 59 minutes of the AFC Championship game. A week after beating the 'unbeatable' Chargers.

Everyone has an opinion, though...

The other counts do surprise me. One of these three will either win one in relatively current state (next 4 years), or simply by luck of draw win one in the next 15 or so before any of the 3's wins 3 or anyone else wins even more.

And for those that say "well, NE won 3 of 4 recently" - what are the odds of NE (or GB/Wash) doing that again? A heck of a lot worse than Dal/SF/Pit winning one before it happens

I'm surprised so many choose other. That would mean a team would have to win '3' before any of these teams win another one.

well there's 29 other teams, it's just a probability thing. 29 against 3 is pretty formidable -- and really the way the question is set up, it's 29 against 1, three times. let's say each of the 3 with 5 have a 22% chance of being the first to 6...that leaves the field with 33%, and i think that's probably about right. there are enough good teams and good organizations out there already with multiple super bowl wins already under their belts that i would take the field over any one of those teams.

Here's the other thing - realize these 3 won their SB's not in a 5 out of 7 type run. Different casts of characters (big time for Dallas and the final Pitt one, somewhat for the San Fran runs) were involved. That points to something within those organizations vs all the teams that have zero (including my own). Meaning, I'd put stock in the fact that, everythign neutral at a "startign poitn", these three have a much better than 1 in 32 shot to win one. Right now, maybe you could put NE up in the list possibly only cause of recent trend, but I severely doubt anyone but one of these gets to 6 first.

say 8 - well, now it gets interesting (and honestly, we're talking WAY down the road for that sort of thing anyway)

I'd have to go with Dallas. At this point they are closer to it than the 49rs and the Steelers. The 49rs have no defense at all. The The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY lucked into the SB last year, and were giving the game by the officials. They only have one proven WR, and do not have a good short yardage RB. Dallas was a playoff team last year with a first year starter at QB. Romo needs some more seasoning, and Dallas needs to address FS, CB, and pass rushing. If Ellis comes back healthy, he will take care of the pass rusher which will make the CB and FS look better. Dallas got beat deep a lot last year, with Ellis healthy, they opposing teams will not have as much time to sit in the pocket waiting on those deep plays to develop. If they can get a stud FS either in FA or in the draft then they can put Roy Williams up in the box where he thrives. I've heard rumors that they were thinking of moving Henry to FS, which would be great. He is a larger CB, and while he doesn't have great coverage skills as a CB, he would as far as FSs go. Then they need to add one starting CB and one project CB in either the draft or FA.

Please explain to me how they lucked into SB ? :D Crying about their Superbowl win is weak, but, saying they lucked into the Super Bowl is just sad. I would say they took the toughest past ever to get into a Super Bowl. Keep up your bitterness though. Maybe if you close your eyes really hard and open them again, you can erase time and it wouldn't have happened.

Edited by Menudo

here we go again. :D

Sorry, saying they lucked their way into the Super Bowl is the talk of losers. They won and therefore earned their way in.

Edited by Menudo

I'm a strong believer the the "3 year window" theory. NE superceded that by a year, though when they won the SB vs the Rams, they probably ought to have lost that game. NE ought to fade a bit in the next couple of years & then if they can add some significant pieces they will start to rebound. If history has taught us anything, it's that the good to great organizations in the NFL during the salary cap era are cyclical.

You are saying this, but this will not happen for the same reason they get blasted for letting McGinnest go, let Branch & Givens go, let Viniateri become the highest paid kicker while they slot a rookie deal in that spot.

And the list goes on, starting with T. Glenn, Milloy, Law, T. Washington. What do they do when they lose Washington? They go out and draft Wilfork.

It will probably happen this year with Dillon and possibly Samuel.

Some might call it cold, or arrogant, but it's the reason they will be in position to win for the next few years.

All the proof you need is this list......:D

Edited by charty

I dont get the votes for the 49ers.

QB Alex Smith is simply not a franchise QB. Is he better than Romo, hell no.

RB Frank Gore is a good RB, but has blown out both knees and is an injury risk at any time

WR - None, and None would be an improvement over the trash they have now

TE - Vernon Davis. Could be the best player on this team.

OL - Pourus, and no quality youth to build around.

St - Decent at best

DL - Bryant Young is the anchor and he is in his what 15th season.

LB - Derek Smith is no spring chick, and Brandon Moore wouldnt start for most teams. The jury is still out on last yrs #1 pick.

DB - Decent young corners, and a hard hitting safety. The best of this defense for sure.

San Fransico plays in a weak division, that had more to do with their 7 wins, than how good they really are.

Sep 10 @Arizona Lost 27-34

Sep 17 St. Louis Won 20-13

Sep 24 Philadelphia Lost 24-38

Oct 1 @Kansas City Lost 0-41

Oct 8 Oakland Won 34-20

Oct 15 San Diego Lost 19-48

Week 7 BYE

Oct 29 @Chicago Lost 10-41

Nov 5 Minnesota Won 9-3

Nov 12 @Detroit Won 19-13

Nov 19 Seattle Won 20-14

Nov 26 @St. Louis Lost 17-20

Dec 3 @New Orleans Lost 10-34

Dec 10 Green Bay Lost 19-30

Dec 14 @Seattle Won 24-14

Dec 24 Arizona Lost 20-26

Dec 31 @Denver Won 26-23

The only playoff team they beat was Seattle, and one was without Hassleback and the other was a complete meltdown by the Seattle defense in the 4th quarter.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/rosters/SF

This roster is not closer than Dallas or Pitt to winning a SB. Not even close, and with the ownership in place that rivals the Bidwells as far as spending money on FA, they wont win a SB in the next 10+ yrs.

And I doubt any of the teams with 3 championships win 3 before Pitt or Dallas wins another one. So to me, its between Pitt and Dallas, and I wish I could say Dallas had the better team to get it done, but Pitt is closer imo right now to get a 6th ring first.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Sorry, saying they lucked their way into the Super Bowl is the talk of losers. They won and therefore earned their way in.

I don't disagree with you but sooner or later you have to stop defending them to people who obviously don't feel the same way and are'nt going to change their views about it. And it seems obvious to me that alot of it is just to get a rise out of you..Just my :D

I dont get the votes for the 49ers.

QB Alex Smith is simply not a franchise QB. Is he better than Romo, hell no.

if i am an NFL GM i take alex smith over romo in a heartbeat.

RB Frank Gore is a good RB, but has blown out both knees and is an injury risk at any time

yeah well right now he blows anything the cowboys have out of the water.

OL - Pourus, and no quality youth to build around.

it seemed like they were a lot better this year than last. :D

St - Decent at best

DL - Bryant Young is the anchor and he is in his what 15th season.

LB - Derek Smith is no spring chick, and Brandon Moore wouldnt start for most teams. The jury is still out on last yrs #1 pick.

DB - Decent young corners, and a hard hitting safety. The best of this defense for sure.

they definitely need some quality in the front 7. let's see what they do in the draft and free agency.

This roster is not closer than Dallas or Pitt to winning a SB. Not even close, and with the ownership in place that rivals the Bidwells as far as spending money on FA, they wont win a SB in the next 10+ yrs.

the one thing san fran clearly DOES have that the other two now don't is a top-notch NFL head coach. they are a team on the rise. the cowboys and steelers are not.

Edited by Azazello1313

I don't disagree with you but sooner or later you have to stop defending them to people who obviously don't feel the same way and are'nt going to change their views about it. And it seems obvious to me that alot of it is just to get a rise out of you..Just my :D

What can I say, I simply can't help it sometimes. I do understand what you are saying though.

Please explain to me how they lucked into SB ? :D Crying about their Superbowl win is weak, but, saying they lucked into the Super Bowl is just sad. I would say they took the toughest past ever to get into a Super Bowl. Keep up your bitterness though. Maybe if you close your eyes really hard and open them again, you can erase time and it wouldn't have happened.

Obsessed much?

if i am an NFL GM i take alex smith over romo in a heartbeat.

yeah well right now he blows anything the cowboys have out of the water.

it seemed like they were a lot better this year than last. :D

they definitely need some quality in the front 7. let's see what they do in the draft and free agency.

the one thing san fran clearly DOES have that the other two now don't is a top-notch NFL head coach. they are a team on the rise. the cowboys and steelers are not.

Alex Smith is a turnover machine, no way I think he evers wins a SB. He is worse than Grossman, but the rest of the team sucks so bad, he doesnt stand out like a sore thumb. Im not sure I like Gore better than JJ and MB combined. And I completely disagree Nolan is a top notch head coach. he hasnt won sh*t yet, and if SF were in the NFC east, theye would be 3-13 this past yr, instead of 7-9. Another one of those 3-13 yrs next yr and he would be looking for a job. I couldnt disagree more, that Nolan is a top notch HC. And what talent in FA is SF going to throw their money at. Besides That owner is as cheap as they come.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I completely disagree Nolan is a top notch head coach. he hasnt won sh*t yet, and if SF were in the NFC east, theye would be 3-13 this past yr, instead of 7-9. Another one of those 3-13 yrs next yr and he would be looking for a job. I couldnt disagree more, that Nolan is a top notch HC.

well, you could be right. regardless, i think this is the year we find out for sure one way or the other.

but i know for sure i'll take him over garrett, gibbs, wade phillips, norv turner, or whatever schmuck ends up coaching the cowboys :D