[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McNabb trade rumor

frenzal rhomb

If the original poster in this thread listened at all to the bulk of the show, he'd realize there is no possible way this deal happens. No possible way. Zero. Even if the Eagles wanted to, and McNabb wanted to, and the Lions wanted to...there is no way this deal can happen unless the Eagles are willing to cut about 4-5 other significant players, since the cap hit they'd take for McNabb would be astronomical.

Chalk it up to another dead-beat writer trying to make something of nothing. No news here.

If the poster of this thread read the bulk of my post he would note I wrote I can't see it happening

Then you are argreeing that, since you too don't believe it will happen, that this entire thread is a :D

Thanks for clearing that up.

If you had read the bulk of my posts you would know I dont care and stated I thought it was interesting fodder for conversation. I am not an Eagles fan nor am I trying to stir up any trouble and yeah - I heard that the cap hit would be 8.8 million over the next two years. Like I stated - rumor - not likely - not and Eagles fan or hater - and interesting conversation.

:D to anything reported on WIP. They also reported that Tapeh would get goal-line carries and Moats would see considerable action. Oh and they also reported that Gaffney would make the team.

The link to the Ann Arbor newspaper? Wishful thinking from a Lions fan.

The Lions would be crazy to make this deal...

Yes, McNabb, playing in the final few years of his prime for pass-happy Mike Martz, playing in a climate controlled dome, excited to be throwing to weapons he only wish he had here in Philly....versus drafting a QB who is likely to be only a shell of the hype that surrounds ND players, who will take numerous years to develop into someone who can understand the intricacies of a complex offense, while the weapons on board age.

I can see why the Lions would be crazy. :D After all, that Harrington/Kitna thing has worked out beautifully.

Yes, McNabb, playing in the final few years of his prime for pass-happy Mike Martz, playing in a climate controlled dome, excited to be throwing to weapons he only wish he had here in Philly....versus drafting a QB who is likely to be only a shell of the hype that surrounds ND players, who will take numerous years to develop into someone who can understand the intricacies of a complex offense, while the weapons on board age.

I can see why the Lions would be crazy. :D After all, that Harrington/Kitna thing has worked out beautifully.

:D Sarcasm on the swammi, 15 yard penalty, still second down.

hook, line and sinker. :D:bash:

I don't know how I feel about this. I like McNabb, but he is 30 and has a history of injuries. Quinn is an unknown in the NFl so it is a big chance. I wouldn't be against making this deal if I wear the Eagles as long as they have faith in Quinn. I know this is just some crazy rumor and won't happen, but it might not be bad for the Eagles. My problem with McNabb is more the system then the QB himself. Reid drafted McNabb to play in an offense that McNabb really isn't suited for IMO.

:D:D

I don't know how I feel about this. I like McNabb, but he is 30 and has a history of injuries. Quinn is an unknown in the NFl so it is a big chance. I wouldn't be against making this deal if I wear the Eagles as long as they have faith in Quinn. I know this is just some crazy rumor and won't happen, but it might not be bad for the Eagles. My problem with McNabb is more the system then the QB himself. Reid drafted McNabb to play in an offense that McNabb really isn't suited for IMO.

And how similar is the offense Charlie Weis runs to the offense Andy Reid runs?

I think that's an important question. I am no football guru, but the offensive concepts seem to be similar.

What??? :D

What??? :D

I'm not sure what part you don't understand. I didn't say I think the Eagles should trade McNabb. I said IF they don't think he will come back 100% from the injury then MAYBE it wouldn't be a bad idea for them to see what they could get. I know the cap hit would probabl;y keep this from ever happening, but if Reid likes Quinn then I have vfaith in him. Seems like a lot of the QBs he brings in are successful in his system. If McNabb is healthy then I don't want to see him go. But if we have to deal with linering injuries for the next few years it is going to get old real quick.