[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McNabb trade rumor

frenzal rhomb

Unless McNabb really wants out of Philly, I don't see this happening. Why would Philly trade a Pro Bowl QB (arguably one of the Top 3 in the league) for an over-hyped college player who has yet to do anything in the NFL?

and mcnabb is just going to WANT to go to the cess-pool detroit??? (pre-apology for the huddles detroit contingent) but come on......does anyone want to play there?? i'd be depressed if i were a kid on draft day and heard detroit call my name.

Sorry I cant link you to air waves. Come to think of it, I dont know how to link at all - check Ann Arbor news - thats supposedly where this originated.

Post a link like this: type [ url=http://______] Then put the text here that becomes the link. [/url] <---closes the link otherwise it's all text. BJ can link top the page that provides that.

This simply seems like pie in the sky hoping without any basis for sources.

Edited by Pope Flick

Post a link like this: type [ url=http://______] Then put the text here that becomes the link. [/url] <---closes the link otherwise it's all text. BJ can link top the page that provides that.

This simply seems like pie in the sky hoping without any basis for sources.

Whatever - I just posted it cause I thought it would be interesting fodder for conversation. I'm not a Philly sports fan but I love to listen to the Eagles fans talk avbout their team.

if you go to here maybe

http://www.the700level.com/2007/01/mcnabb_to_detro.html

If the original poster in this thread listened at all to the bulk of the show, he'd realize there is no possible way this deal happens. No possible way. Zero. Even if the Eagles wanted to, and McNabb wanted to, and the Lions wanted to...there is no way this deal can happen unless the Eagles are willing to cut about 4-5 other significant players, since the cap hit they'd take for McNabb would be astronomical.

Chalk it up to another dead-beat writer trying to make something of nothing. No news here.

That article is : fans of detroit are asking the lions to inquire with Philly about trading (btw, how does this even become a topic- what, asking San Diego about LT was too much, but McNabb is ok to inquire about?)

Which then gets turned into "possible move"

Which leads to fans like me sayign "Suffering succotash!"

I hate this week - cause it's not the offseason, so the writers still feel the need to make somehting up, but for all but two teams, there's nothing to write about - so stuff like this happens.

Unless McNabb really wants out of Philly, I don't see this happening. Why would Philly trade a Pro Bowl QB (arguably one of the Top 3 in the league) for an over-hyped college player who has yet to do anything in the NFL?

I agree, but just to present a 'why'

Teams in the NFL have to create both a winning strategy now and a winning strategy for the future. McNabb is no spring chicken, and has had injury issues the last few seasons.

Garcia is less of a spring chicken, but has had a few seasons of not being banged around so much.

Garcia gives them a shot now. I am hoping he reminded people of his skills and that they realiz that the Eagles success with him at QB was no fluke.

Quinn gives them a top prospect to develop behind Garcia. It looks to be a possibly strong long term strategy.

I probably wouldn't make the deal if I were the Philly GM, but I can see how someone would consider that logic.

you would think Philly would have to get more than that.

How many games has McNabb missed the past two years... You guys are out of your minds.

How many games has McNabb missed the past two years... You guys are out of your minds.

Garcia will be 37 in Febuary, had injury problems in CLE and in his last year in SF. He's maybe a one-year option at most and it would take Quinn a good two or three years to learn Andy Reid's highly-complex WCO. And that's IF Quinn ever pans out in the NFL.

Say what you want about McNabb's injuries, but he's probably the third-best QB in the league, he's already taken the Eagles to the SB, and easily gives them the best chance to win over the next three years. Since they're still competitive and McNabb is still relatively young, I think that trading McNabb right now for a complete unknown would be a stupid thing to do.

Garcia will be 37 in Febuary, had injury problems in CLE and in his last year in SF. He's maybe a one-year option at most and it would take Quinn a good two or three years to learn Andy Reid's highly-complex WCO. And that's IF Quinn ever pans out in the NFL.

Say what you want about McNabb's injuries, but he's probably the third-best QB in the league, he's already taken the Eagles to the SB, and easily gives them the best chance to win over the next three years. Since they're still competitive and McNabb is still relatively young, I think that trading McNabb right now for a complete unknown would be a stupid thing to do.

I agree with Bill SwerskiTobin here.

I probably wouldn't make the deal if I were the Philly GM, but I can see how someone would consider that logic.

I don't know how I feel about this. I like McNabb, but he is 30 and has a history of injuries. Quinn is an unknown in the NFl so it is a big chance. I wouldn't be against making this deal if I wear the Eagles as long as they have faith in Quinn. I know this is just some crazy rumor and won't happen, but it might not be bad for the Eagles. My problem with McNabb is more the system then the QB himself. Reid drafted McNabb to play in an offense that McNabb really isn't suited for IMO.