[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

net-net

AtomicCEO

There is a new guy here at my job, and I'm sure he's still learning the ropes, and I'm not ready to throw him under the bus just yet... but he is causing an awful lot of extra work for me. I'm walking the fine line between not allowing his projects to tank, and not training him that I will save his ass when he puts in a minimal effort and tosses the hot potato onto my desk.

Anyway... I have an email where he uses the phrase "net-net" like three times. What the hell kind of business jargon is this, and what does it mean?

Example: "...so the Net-Net is that expecting Joe to do this for every individual store moving forward is not going to happen . . "

I gather from the context what he is saying, but is he proactively visionizing cromulent business jargon to synergize vertical paradigms?

There is a new guy here at my job, and I'm sure he's still learning the ropes, and I'm not ready to throw him under the bus just yet... but he is causing an awful lot of extra work for me. I'm walking the fine line between not allowing his projects to tank, and not training him that I will save his ass when he puts in a minimal effort and tosses the hot potato onto my desk.

Anyway... I have an email where he uses the phrase "net-net" like three times. What the hell kind of business jargon is this, and what does it mean?

Example: "...so the Net-Net is that expecting Joe to do this for every individual store moving forward is not going to happen . . "

I gather from the context what he is saying, but is he proactively visionizing cromulent business jargon to synergize vertical paradigms?

Ask him whether he has considered the net-net-net? :D

NET NET: Net income minus insurance premiums and maintenance expenses.

NET NET NET: Net income minus insurance and maintenance expenses and real-estate taxes.

source: :D

So... he's overusing an inappropriate piece of jargon.

That's what I thought.

I'm going to start using "ascertain" far too often in my conversations with him as a passive-agressive retaliation. "I ascertain that you need an answer on this by 5?" :D

That's what I thought.

I'm going to start using "ascertain" far too often in my conversations with him as a passive-agressive retaliation. "I ascertain that you need an answer on this by 5?" :D

That is not creating synergy. :D

That's what I thought.

Kids in the Hall :tup:

I loved that skit! :D

net-net terminology is used most frequenty when a land owner is negotiating a lease with a tenant, and the tenant agrees to pay certain expenses normally born by the landowner (like insurance and utilities) and pay a net amount over as rent.

However, most commercial leases I see are "triple net," meaning the tenant also pays property taxes directly, and remitts an even smaller net amount to the land owner.

Outside of this context, about the only non-toolbox way to use the term is merely to say "the net result is..." (i.e., the "bottom line"). But saying "net-net" is retarded, unless you're talking about commerical leases or accounting.

Edited by yo mama

Does he sometimes ask "what's the net-net"

had a guy here that used the "net-net" phrase all the time to simply mean "net result" , and started making it part of the question as above - got so annoying I just started answering - 'well, net minus net is zero...so I gues nothing"

• 7 months later...

Thanks for bumping wieg - my department supervisor used this in a meeting the other day.

I still don't know why the f*ck you'd use this instead of just "net" or "end result".