[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heroes

The Irish Doggy

Let's not forget the paradox of being in the same time with another version of yourself. How exactly would that be possible? And having conversation/contact with yourself ... yeah right.

I hate when sci-fi shows do the time travel thing. I would have preferred that his power be limited to teleportation and freezing time.

not to mention SEEING YOUR FUTURE SELF GET SHOT DEAD. i think the season 2 plot is hiro in therapy.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that I could think of is that in the future they jumped to, Claire HAD been saved... but Hiro DIDN'T stab Sylar.

I don't know what kind of intervention changes the present now so that Hiro does stab Sylar.

Maybe the intervention happened already by having Hiro get a copy of the comic book, but the future doesn't change because they are already in it.

I dunno... they didn't really set the rules yet.

Edited by AtomicCEO

My main problem was how the super main guy (good guy) had a scar on his head when he has regenerating powers.

Great show...became my new fav.

My guess about the scar is he received it before meeting Claire. It appears to be a sword wound, perhaps future Peter was struck by future Hiro, perhaps in an attempt to stop HIM for blowing up New York. Seemed clear from the interaction between future Sylar and future Peter that future Peter was the one that devestated the city, though Sylar got the blame.

Would also explain why future Hiro thought it was critical to take the "Save the Cheerleader" message directly to Peter, knowing Peter would gain the regeneration in doing so.

Well Hiro said he struck Sylar but he regenerated before the bomb went off. Well then it wasnt Sylar because Sylar JUST received the regenerating power when he killed Claire. It was def the main good guy who was struck and exploded. He maybe shape shifted to Sylar before the bomb went off for whatever reason...maybe he got him mad.

My main problem was how the super main guy (good guy) had a scar on his head when he has regenerating powers.

Great show...became my new fav.

He could have received the scar/wound when the Haitian was around. He cancels out the powers.

Time travel sucks. If Hiro only knows he has to kill Sylar because he went to the future, when he kills Sylar, he no longer can go to that future, so he can never know it, so he can never kill him, so it never happens.

I agree that Time Travel is a lazy plot device. This show has tailed off a bit in my mind. And I'm not a fan of tying so many people with powers together. Did it really take everyone involved until know to find their power?

Time travel sucks. If Hiro only knows he has to kill Sylar because he went to the future, when he kills Sylar, he no longer can go to that future, so he can never know it, so he can never kill him, so it never happens.

I agree that Time Travel is a lazy plot device. This show has tailed off a bit in my mind. And I'm not a fan of tying so many people with powers together. Did it really take everyone involved until know to find their power?

Given that you have the ability to time travel and you know you want to kill Sylar isn't the answer obvious? There is no need to confront him after he has come into his power, for that fact there is no need to confront him as an adult ... travel to the time when he is an infant or child and kill him when he can not defend himself, problem solved.

You could kill his mother with Sylar in the womb.

You could kill his father before conception.

You could kill any of his ancestors.

Why can't Hiro figure this out?

Given that you have the ability to time travel and you know you want to kill Sylar isn't the answer obvious? There is no need to confront him after he has come into his power, for that fact there is no need to confront him as an adult ... travel to the time when he is an infant or child and kill him when he can not defend himself, problem solved.

You could kill his mother with Sylar in the womb.

You could kill his father before conception.

You could kill any of his ancestors.

Why can't Hiro figure this out?

Does Hiro know Sylar's true identity? We do, but I think he has only ever been referred to him as Sylar.

Tough to make logic of any kind of time travel.

My guess about the scar is he received it before meeting Claire. It appears to be a sword wound, perhaps future Peter was struck by future Hiro, perhaps in an attempt to stop HIM for blowing up New York. Seemed clear from the interaction between future Sylar and future Peter that future Peter was the one that devestated the city, though Sylar got the blame.

Would also explain why future Hiro thought it was critical to take the "Save the Cheerleader" message directly to Peter, knowing Peter would gain the regeneration in doing so.

Well Hiro said he struck Sylar but he regenerated before the bomb went off. Well then it wasnt Sylar because Sylar JUST received the regenerating power when he killed Claire. It was def the main good guy who was struck and exploded. He maybe shape shifted to Sylar before the bomb went off for whatever reason...maybe he got him mad.

well, in the last episode, peter told nikki/jessica at the vegas club that he was the one who exploded. he also said nathan told everyone it was sylar who exploded, in order to protect peter. everyone assumed sylar died in the blast. but sylar has isaac's power now, so he probably knew when to get out of new york. so sylar got pissed at nathan, then came across the shape-shifter, killed her, then killed nathan and took his identity. he used mohinder to try to find how people get these powers (probably because it was a little hard to saw off people's heads AND be the president), but when mohinder didn't figure it out, he ordered all the mutants rounded up and killed, presumably so he could get all their brains.

Does Hiro know Sylar's true identity? We do, but I think he has only ever been referred to him as Sylar.

Tough to make logic of any kind of time travel.

In the last episode the television news coverage was showing pictures of Sylar. I think it is a fair presumption that if they have a photo of the guy credited with blowing up New York they have his whole history including his true name.

I thought it wasn't that good. About 37 minutes (minus commercials) of the future that will try to be changed. It seemed like fluff and filler to me. They had 4 weeks left to fill and 3 weeks of story, so they did this.

The show is good, I just don't think it is half as good as it could be.

I finally watched this weeks episode and I couldn't disagree more. This show is absolutely tremendous. It gets better each and every week. I love it!!! :tup::D:doh::D:D

Jeebus. Don't analyze everything to death. Take it as it is - great fantasy escape with an awesome story line and fascinating characters. Enjoy it dude, don't dissect it.

Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!

:D

Thank you. Thank you! The to-be mrs. and I just watched the episode. I did a little happy dance and told her how I would win the respect and admiration of ... maybe a dozen on The Huddle. She said "that's nice, Dear." :D

I love this f'n show. Great episode.

Thank you. Thank you! The to-be mrs. and I just watched the episode. I did a little happy dance and told her how I would win the respect and admiration of ... maybe a dozen on The Huddle. She said "that's nice, Dear." :tup:

I love this f'n show. Great episode.

Is that kinda like when we tell our wives, "Yes Dear", :D:D

Bet it's one of the people future Hiro got from Bennett.

:D It's actually the girl that Parkman saves from being trapped in the basement towards the beginning of the season when he first starts hearing voices.

Her name is Molly Walker, and she is a locater. Similar to Professor Xavier's machine in X-Men that could find other mutants, Molly's power is used to find other heroes.

The cooperation that Bennett and the Haitian worked for located people with powers by using the "Walker System" i.e. Molly Walker.

She is the only one that can find Sylar.

And no, I'm not making this up. I just put all the pieces together after watching this week's spoiler clips.

Edited by kpholmes

Ok, who saw last night's episode???

Sylar's real name is Gabriel, and he brings destruction to the city??? :tup: While I love this show, that's a little bit of a stretch to reference him to Gabriel the Archangel..... :D

What I really don't understand is why Linderman and his group want to blow up NY City. Then, supposedly Petrelli's mother is in with Linderman, but she's also trying to protect Claire at the same time from the company. :D