[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the un-handyman thread II

frenzal rhomb

I have shutters arround the windows of my house which is brick. The one shutter fell off due to high winds and one of the pegs that anchors the shutter in broke off. I cant pull out the leftover piece with a needle nose plier and when I tried to drill it out no luck either, The peg is actually in the mortar between bricks. Any suggestions as to how to get this remaining piece out??

Thanks and hope your all having a great weekend.

are they the shutters that snap on a bracket or screwed through the face/bracket ???? either way.... saw the peg flush and that's your new anchor.........if it takes a molly and ya need the hole don't give up on the drill bit......it will ream it out.....

what ya want is a screw extractor.......ya drill a hole in the stuck piece then with a tap wrench or vice grips ya screw in the extractor, it grabs the sides of the stuck piece and ya twist it back out.....

Where do you live......... :D

Edited by nuke'em ttg

Depending on what the peg is made of, you might try: (1) drill a small pilot hole; then (2) drive a larger screw most of the way in. That should give you enough leverage to clamp some vice grips on the screw head. Then pull forcefully, but gently, so as not to bust up any more of the mortar than you have to.

Drill a hole in the wall,find a loose brick remove, hide stash and put brick back in place.

:D

Don't ask why drill the hole everyne else is.

:D

:tup:

:doh:

Step one: Cut a hole in the wall.

Step two: Put your junk in the wall.

Step three: Have her ... nevermind.

If that doesn't work, try this:

I always find the old guy at the local hardware store (not a Home Depot or Lowe's). I tell him what I need to do, and he always tells me what I need to get it done.

With a mortar bit it will take only a few minutes to drill into the mortar. A few minutes to add new mortar. Let it dry and a few minutes to drill the hole you need for a new anchor. 15 minutes total, not including drying time for new mortar.

you are gonna create a super weak anchor with this method that will just pop out when ya try to tighten the screw ........plus moisture will get in and the sucker will pop out first cold spell.........that little patch job won't bond well with the existing........

tear off the other shutter for a new look ........ :D .......curb appeal is over rated...... :D

you are gonna create a super weak anchor with this method that will just pop out when ya try to tighten the screw ........plus moisture will get in and the sucker will pop out first cold spell.........that little patch job won't bond well with the existing........

:tup: Its an anchor for a shutter. One of four. It will be fine. If you don't like that method find an achor that will fit into the hole after the old one is drilled out.

:D We are spending more time talking about this job than it would take to do it. :D

:tup: Its an anchor for a shutter. One of four. It will be fine. If you don't like that method find an achor that will fit into the hole after the old one is drilled out.

:D We are spending more time talking about this job than it would take to do it. :D

i like my holes strong and tight..........not loose and......... poofy........... :doh: