[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hip Hop is Homo-Phobic

spain

Hip hop and Rap AIN'T FREAKIN' MUSIC (is there a diff :shrug)! :D God I hate that chit!

The Supremes, the Four Tops, the Temps, S & G, just S, the Beatles, Billy Joel, Frank, Ray Charles, Grover Washington, Tony Bennett, BTO, for chrisake even Niel Sedaka!!!!! That's freakin' music!

I cry for today's youth! :D

Hip hop and Rap AIN'T FREAKIN' MUSIC (is there a diff :shrug)! :D God I hate that chit!

The Supremes, the Four Tops, the Temps, S & G, just S, the Beatles, Billy Joel, Frank, Ray Charles, Grover Washington, Tony Bennett, BTO, for chrisake even Niel Sedaka!!!!! That's freakin' music!

I cry for today's youth! :D

The thing that is really sad to me is that hip hop and rap have so much in common with the blues, and today's artists have no respect for that.

I remember when Public Enemy, NWA, et al burst on the scene their power came from introducing America to what was going down in the ghetto's, i.e. racism, police violence, and social issues.

True rap artists just get up and talk about what's going on with the music as a back drop, and the old blues was (and is) about whatever is in your soul coming out through the music. Very similar when done right.

The thing that is really sad to me is that hip hop and rap have so much in common with the blues, and today's artists have no respect for that.

I remember when Public Enemy, NWA, et al burst on the scene their power came from introducing America to what was going down in the ghetto's, i.e. racism, police violence, and social issues.

True rap artists just get up and talk about what's going on with the music as a back drop, and the old blues was (and is) about whatever is in your soul coming out through the music. Very similar when done right.

PE and NWA were flawed, but yeah, I hear what you're saying - not that there isn't good stuff in the underground, but most mainstream rap these days is shee-it.

I cry for today's youth! :tup:

It's not just today's youth that likes it. It's been around 25+ years and isn't going anywhere. I remember my buddy and I driving to school together while going for our MBA's and listening to some type of hip-hop rather loud. I thought out loud, 'wonder what my boss would think'. Many of today's and tomorrows leaders grew up with it. Different strokes I guess :D

I'm sure when you were young, the older dudes where saying the same stuff about you guys and your Rock n Roll.

It's not just today's youth that likes it. It's been around 25+ years and isn't going anywhere. I remember my buddy and I driving to school together while going for our MBA's and listening to some type of hip-hop rather loud. I thought out loud, 'wonder what my boss would think'. Many of today's and tomorrows leaders grew up with it. Different strokes I guess :D

I'm sure when you were young, the older dudes where saying the same stuff about you guys and your Rock n Roll.

Eh, anyone who listens to anything slightly out of the ordinary thinks that it would blow people's minds, but most people don't care.

I'm sure that when I'm writing an insurance policy, closing a mortgage, rolling over a 401(k), or whatever, my clients are more concerned with me getting them squared away than they are about the fact I was cranking Znowhite's Act of God when I pulled into their driveway.

LMFAO

That's funny. :D

I just find it ironic that the loudest opponents of discrimination and hate, are also the ones who practice it most openly...

Welcome to America. PS it's Jesse Jackson for you on the white phone.

Awww, c'mon. Unk is full of wisdom from the streets:

Ayyyyyyy

Now Walk It Out

Now Walk It Out

Now Walk It Out

Now Walk It Out

Now Walk It Out

Now Walk It Out

Now Walk It Out

Now Walk It Out

[Chorus:]

West Side Walk It Out

South Side Walk It Out

East Side Walk It Out

North Side Walk It Out

[Repeat]

[Verse 1:]

Now Hit Da Dance Floor

Now Bend Your Back Low

She Do It Wit No Hands

Now Stop Pop And Roll

Im Smokin Bubba Hoe

Now Ya'll In Trouble Hoe

I Like Da Way She Move

An Undercover Hoe

Now Everybody Leanin

I Make Da Crowd Rock

Now Gone And Walk It Out

I See Dey On My Job

She Like Dat Bubble Gum

Is Dey Da Double Ment Twins

2 Hoes Choosin Me

So I Know Dat Imma Win

It's On Once Again

Patron One Again

I Threw My Head Back

Then I Froze Like Da Wind

West Side Walk It Out

South Side Walk It Out

East Side Walk It Out

North Said Walk It Out

Yup. Walk it out.

Music is as music does.

Some people don't like country, some don't like rap, some don't like rock n roll, some don't like blues, some don't like classical composers, but, like it or not, it is all music.

Being judgmental does little to change that. Next you'll tell me that Fantasy Football Wife Swap is not television

When their is a real powerful message behind a rap , and its done in an expressive way where the message is clear and the beats are good , I can still listen to some rap ....eminem is onbe of the fastest , quickest rappers in terms of rhymes I have ever seen and a lot of his music I personally do not like , but there are a bunch of songs with messages and stories which he expresses in very powerful distinct terms which I think are really good